Ressha Sentai Toqger VS Kamen Rider Gaim released

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Re: Ressha Sentai Toqger VS Kamen Rider Gaim released

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

I love Mio here.. She's even funny and cool and hot as hell. Mai-chan always cute as usual. Kagura are bit annoying. I like the "Raise up your Flag" don't know Kouta can Sing... It's been 2 years since Fourze and Wizard there is no Riders that sing for their background theme
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

Blech; too much ToQGer, not enough Gaim. (But I say that every week anyway.) First Sentai I have actively -hated- and didn't watch past the first episode. What on Earth was that overly-large orange arm that the mecha had on it? That thing -had- to be a pain for the suit actor to lift.....
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

This was remarkably well done for this sort of special. I would have liked some cameo from the Shadow line, though. The Badan villains weren't all that impressive, but did their job.

I couldn't get over the fact that Right is so much taller than Kouta. Narutaki was a surprise and a fun addition; hopefully we'll continue to see him in the future.
Connie_Edogawa
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Juu Mousou!!!!!
Favorite series: Go-Busters and Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger and Ryuki
Dreamy: Hinata Hyuga
Favorite Actor?: Mizuki Nana
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Touhou Project
Quote: "Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away from them and you have their shoes." -Jack Handy
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Connie_Edogawa »

Kamen Rider Gumo wrote:Blech; too much ToQGer, not enough Gaim. (But I say that every week anyway.) First Sentai I have actively -hated- and didn't watch past the first episode. What on Earth was that overly-large orange arm that the mecha had on it? That thing -had- to be a pain for the suit actor to lift.....
that was a car carrier train.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

AxemYellow wrote:This was remarkably well done for this sort of special. I would have liked some cameo from the Shadow line, though. The Badan villains weren't all that impressive, but did their job.

I couldn't get over the fact that Right is so much taller than Kouta. Narutaki was a surprise and a fun addition; hopefully we'll continue to see him in the future.
It was hinted during the first Super Hero Taisen that Narutaki's identity was going to be revealed, but not yet as the writer felt it was not the right time. 3 years after Decade ended. So we better see him in the future.

Movie Preview
Spoiler
There will be a cameo from the Shadow Line in the movie. They'll be fighting Den-Liner and Den-O.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

Awesome. Perhaps I should try to pick up Gaim series.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
Weather
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite Actor?: Tomoyuki Dan
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Post by Weather »

Gotta admit, reeeealy great special, while i can't say that i've had enough with vs movies (for various reason like fanboying, net movies and after decade conclusion + W dodging invisible ice missiles, i can't say that this series don't need more money), i would realyy like if we had more of such specials.

You may say that those 2 shows are very different Gaim being dark and TQG being all fun, but humor and gadgets in those shows are both very hilarious and over the top, so finding common ground wasn't that difficult (suprise after seeing each other transform), still they did a very good job, connecting those two by they mission, Raito fidning his hometown and Kouta protecting Zawame city... Buuuuuuuuuuuuut, here's where the problem was. Kouta said that Hellheim forest is consuming Zawame city... yeaaaah, how about you try "Hellheim forest is consuming ENTIRE FRIKKING WORLD!", still they had to do this, becos TQG would freak'd out after hearing this.

Pacing in it was soooo goooood, after seeing Gaburincho of music (which is by me, worst paced SS movie) i realyy needed to see characters getting to know each other, having fights, and it wouldn;t feel like someone pressed speed up x4 button on the remote.

Overall, best special and vs movie evah, but that is the difference between an episode that tries to show something, and a movie that is just fanboy wet dream (and yet i still can't say that i want them to stop making them, love me some net movies funnyness).

It would be great if we get another vs special between KR and SS, but it would be inetersting if one side was actually serious, both in character and gimmick, that could result in some realyy funny situation.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Mandalori »

I just realized that Badan's grunts looked like Rakata
friendlyquark
7X
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Bruce Banner
Favorite Actor?: Jet Li
Favorite Band: Imogen Heap
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: writing
Quote: Ca va, go-busters?

Post by friendlyquark »

So, I really enjoyed the special. I've been watching Toqger and finding it fun and amusing, even if it will never top my list of favorite Sentai shows. I haven't watched Gaim at all and I admit to being a bit baffled. Fruit? Really? They are so bereft of ideas that 'Banana Rider' seemed like a good idea? O_O I liked the characters and the set-up, but I kept getting hung up on the whole fruit theme. I may have to watch some episodes of Gaim just to try to parse that.

Other than a sudden hunger for fruit salad, I enjoyed the show immensely.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

The fruit thing is actually what makes Gaim so initially enthralling. It's weird! How many times have we had bug themes or dragons or whatever? Fruit is unique, fruit is nutritious, fruit is amazing.

Obey the fruit.
CaptainTalon448
Adventure

Gaim/ToQGer Crossover during Forbidden Fruit Arc (33-on)

Post by CaptainTalon448 »

I was always wondering about this but what if the ToQGer/Gaim crossover happened during the Forbidden Fruit arc (Episodes 33-Present). How would the ToQGers react to a barren Zawame or even better how would they react to certain characters. At that point in the story Micchi is suffering from major schizophrenia and major characters have died. That's even leaving out the fact the Kouta is becoming an Overlord which would be a big point of contention between the two sides
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Didn't they say it happened two weeks beforehand. So it'd be around this time period:

http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/Kamen_Rider_Gaim_21
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Mandalori »

I think he was asking about IF they came to Zawame during that period, not when they came or something like that. Also, the 2 weeks ago was for the Kikaider crossover.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Ah, I misread the question. Disregard my answer then.

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”