Toqger 39 departing now

Den-O reincarnated! Den-O will never die!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Kyouryuuger | Toqger | Ninninger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Toqger 39 departing now

Post by takenoko »

Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/TQG_Station_39

Looks like everything is coming together. Felt a bit clip-showy with the flashbacks though.

Not to get into next episode speculation, but I really wonder what Zett's plan is.

It was pretty funny to see Mork bumbling around with the monster of the week.

I hope they've written a good reason for Akira to fight the Toqgers instead of explaining "Hey, I want to hang out with Schwarz for a bit. I did it to get the Drill Ressha to save you guys that one time." But I kind of doubt it.
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Toqger 39 departing now

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Wiki: http://wiki.tvnihon.com/wiki/TQG_Station_39

Looks like everything is coming together. Felt a bit clip-showy with the flashbacks though.
I suspect they were running short on time. They used a lot of stock gatti footage here when they didn't need to. So the clips may have been to further pad out the episode.
Not to get into next episode speculation, but I really wonder what Zett's plan is.
Perhaps Glitter is going to take on the mantle of darkness and free him from it? Especially with him playing around with the Applichanger and Glitter sitting on the throne.
It was pretty funny to see Mork bumbling around with the monster of the week.
I was disappointed that she didn't get crossed off in this episode. The narrative behind the villains in general is pretty weak for 39 episodes of this, but Mork especially is just not interesting.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Boy it's quiet in here. I guess the episode scared everyone off? :o
JujinSan
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Japan
Quote: Whats done is done and cannot be undone

Post by JujinSan »

Well, the episode really wasnt all that great. The only noteworthy thing that happened was Akira's "defection". The rest of the time it was either a clip show or fighting old shadow kaijins. In the end this was a "set-up episode" for the end-game of the show.
Aka no Kenshi! MakaiRed! Kenpo Sentai Makaiger!
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

The end game is starting already? Until last episode I still feels like we're at still episode 25 or something. Probably because not much significant plot wise has happened in the second half of the series
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Man, people are always so down on Toqgers. It's such a bummer.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote:Man, people are always so down on Toqgers. It's such a bummer.
It's just not a very good series. Absolutely amazing villain designs and Toei's great fight choreography are otherwise undercut by ugly mecha and some really dumb plots.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

And somehow Akira will be able to take all of the Toqgers at once in a fight?
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Schwarz has rapidly lost all his Badass Capital. If he wants to overthrow the Emperor, okay, fine, just team up with the Rainbow Line and git 'r' dun. But no, he already did that as a ruse to backstab them and steal Drill Ressha for no clear reason. What a maroon.

I do, however, continue to appreciate how Akira behaves like a complete weirdo about things. He's not human, and obviously the Toqgers forget that from time to time. If only they'd got him a kitten...
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

It would be odd for Schwarz to work with the Toqgers because that's not his style to begin with. Sure it might be the smart thing to team up but he's still a villain at the end of the day and has his own pride to deal with. I respect him for sticking with his ideals than betraying them.

Akira can easily take on all the Toqgers since they won't be able to fight him normally.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

That felt like filler before the big payoff next episode.

Honestly I didn't really feel the emotional connection between Akira and the others in previous episodes, so I didn't care about their concern here, which kind of ruined the episode for me.

The Beginning of the End is at episode 39; and the series ends at episode 47? Actually this seems about right for the pace at which this series is moving. It's a shame really this series could have been so much better with a quicker pace and more story. It kind of feels like the creators were lacking in imagination.

Return to “Ressha Sentai Toqger”