Dreamy: Luka Milffy
Favorite Actor?: Hidenori Tokuyama
Favorite Band: Psychic Lover
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Ogino Karin
Quote: "Time travel isn't confusing, it's Toei that makes it confusing" - me

Re: Happy 40th anniversary, Sentai

Post by toni2212 »

takenoko wrote:Thanks Toni. Is there one for villainesses too?
Nope. Sorry take. Even this 1 is the one I took from DaVinci, added a bit Photoshop and done.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Well, I don't like to go over common stuffs, so let's skip to these :P

Favorite villain: Emperor Tranza from Jetman. He is handsome and cool, and uses interesting methods to play around.

Favorite villainess: Nai and Mare. They're evil in a cute way.

Most annoying villain: Hate Lila from Timeranger so much. She is really annoying to listen to, and worst of all she never dies.

Favorite mecha: Jetman mechas. They're really realistic and well-designed. I like it that they combine from actually useful vehicles (the fighter jets) that they actually use. In almost every Sentai, the pre-combine mechas have no purpose at all other than to tickle the enemy and then realise combining is better. And the destruction detail. No other Sentai I've watched so far shows the robots actually getting detailedly destroyed (arms torn off, punctured chest). And they even show them repairing it, instead of in other Sentais where the mechas literally need no maintenance.

Favorite song: Gotcha Goseiger (Goseiger ED). Literally the most epic song ever. It even has 3 versions so I don't get bored. Too bad I can't find the Karaoke version.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

Catastrophe wrote:I feel as if I'm the only person ever to like Liveman. God the theme is catchy. Why does nobody else like it?
Aw, I like it. I mean, heck, I cosplayed Yusuke last weekend. :lol:

metoren
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Post by metoren »

Favorite sentai: It'd have to be two, Changeman and Flashman. Plotwise they were great but it was with the characters, villains included, that the shows really did shine.

Favorite villain: Bubba, no doubt. Never did we know so little about a character's background and yet he turns out to become an icon, to the moment of his death. Bubba and Shadow moon to this day are my favorite villains in Tokusatsu.

Least favorite sentai: I tend to dislike the route the franchise has taken, aiming for a younger audience, so I'd say Goseiger or Gokaiger.
xiiliea wrote: ... No other Sentai I've watched so far shows the robots actually getting detailedly destroyed (arms torn off, punctured chest). And they even show them repairing it, instead of in other Sentais where the mechas literally need no maintenance.
Actually it was done before in Flashman. Two monsters go as far as to cut one of the Flashking's arms and leave it wrecked on the ground. The Flashmen keep fixing it in a hangar for several episodes, while given a new mecha to deal with enemies, being the first time a second robot was introduced in a sentai.
megafan900
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa

Post by megafan900 »

My Favorite season: Gokaiger

favorite Robo: Gaoking

favorite Villains: Enter and Zett

favorite Ranger: Kyoryu Gold

Dream team
Genki Red
Gokai Blue
Yellow Buster
Go Green
Gao White
Time Fire
Kyoryu Gold
Glutinus
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Dreamy: Luka Millfy
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Dream team : GokaiYellow (Luka), DekaGreen (Sen-Chan), ShinkenBlue (Ryunosuke), BoukenPink (Sakura). Red is vacant :)

Post by Glutinus »

Hi,

First at all, thanks again Tvnihon for all the work you do. Thanks of course to Toei for sharing these magical moments in Sentai. Well, I know that everything is just planned so everything seem like the same, but each sentai series has its own particularities.

Favorite sentai : Gokaiger.
I love gokaiger for a lot of reasons.
1/ The characters have really good behavior. Each of them has its own personalities
2/ It's a real work to get a tribute for a lot of series. I feel bad for the older ones, of course the most recent. But it's a good vision of the all 35 years of sentai.
3/ I like the fact that the theme is Pirates. The characters are not good, and they are not bad either. They are just "humans" (well, they're aliens in fact, but have human feelings). All they just want, is to seek their dreams and be free. Which could sometimes be more important than justice, honour, hope or whatever.

Other that I like :
Dekaranger : I love police show. I love science-fiction show. It's one of the best police science-fiction I've seen. Love a lot of characters. Each episode is pretty good indeed and is particular to its heroes (especially Hoji's ones). And one more thing : DOGGY IS THE BOSS.
Boukenger : for having a lot of villains and their own particularities.

Dislike :
Goseiger : too generic. Not very specific. The really good thing is Brajirah.
Gaoranger : too generic too.

Dream team :
See on the left :)
GokaiYellow
DekaGreen
ShinkenBlue
BoukenPink

For the red, well I did not find the one I prefer. But I really hesitate between GokaiRed and BoukenRed but cannot decide.

Extra : DekaBreak, DekaMaster ?

Fav Sentai 1st : Gokai, Deka, Bouken, Go-Busters, Kyuu, Shinken, Gosei, Gao.
Fav KR 1st : OOO, W, Kiva, Gaim, Drive, Fourze, Den-O20*, Wizard, Ghost, Ex-Aid
Fav Garo 1st : Yami, Senki, Hana, Garo, Zero
* currently watching.
Gokai Green
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
2nd Favorite Series: Go-Onger
Dreamy: Luka
Favorite Actor?: Ryota Ozawa
Quote: "In order to gain something, you must give something up."- Basco

Post by Gokai Green »

Favorite series: Gokaiger- If it wasn't for this show I wouldn't have never been interested in sentai. It's one of the very shows I've seen for far that had the most perfect cast that gave 100% to their characters and made them their own.

Favorite character: Don Dogoier- It was refreshing to see a character like that. Even though he wasn't the toughest or strongest, he still pull through for the team by using his smarts and the environment around him.

Favorite OP Theme: Hurricanger and Gaoranger

Favorite ED Theme: The 50 million variations of the Go-Onger rap, Magiranger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, and Ninninger

Favorite Villians: Deboss, Basco, Gaiark, TsueTsue and Yabaiba

Least favorite series: Go-Busters and Toqger- Both was absolutely boring and felt like a chore to watch.
perdomot
Adventure

Post by perdomot »

My fave series was Boukenger. All the cool mecha and all the characters were well developed with good stories. Bouken Red is my fave red ranger. Least fave was Go-Onger although Goseiger was also quite bad even with the cool Gosei Knight.
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Post by TankCoyote »

My fave old school are Sun Vulcan and Kakuranger. New School is Gokaiger and ToQGer. Also, where I live, there's a newspaper called The Bee. It'd be hilarious to see TheBee Reading The Bee
Mithrahn
Imouto Rider Club
Imouto Rider Club
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Jasmine
Favorite Actor?: Kinoshita Ayumi
Favorite Band: Vocaloid
Alignment: Lawful Evil
My boom: Gundam Breaker 2
Quote: "Showtime Da Ze"
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mithrahn »

I might be the odd one out here.

Favorite series: Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger. There are even times I shed a tear when watching this. And Denji Sentai Megaranger - I like student themed shows/games. And GoGo Sentai Boukenger. I'm also liking the recent Shuriken Sentai Ninninger a lot. (I've even watched Gekiranger about 4 times)

Least favorite series: ToQGer. I don't like the whole "Imaginaaashon" concept.

Favorite robo: GekiTouja.

Least favorite robo: ToQoh. It's just 5 trains side by side and looks pathetic.

Favorite ranger: DekaYellow, GokaiBlue.

Least favorite ranger: Akaja (Red Ninninger) from Shuriken Sentai Ninninger because too much "Atsui!" and KibaRanger from Dairanger, I don't like that kid (Call it discrimination if you will).

Favorite villain: Rio/Mele from Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger.

Least favorite villain: Akomaru from Dairanger.

Favorite episode: Episode 20, "GICHOGICHO! Versus the Triangle" of Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger and Final Episode (49), "ZUNZUN! JyuKen Forever..." of Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger.

Least favorite episode: Episode 15, "Three Fools Soccer" of Gosei Sentai Dairanger.

Favorite Opening Theme: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger Opening and Jyuken Sentai Gekiranger Opening.

Favorite Ending Theme: GoGo Sentai Boukenger Ending.

Return to “Sentai”