Ninninger 28 sanjou!

Nin nin de gozaru!
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< Toqger | Ninninger | Jyuohger >

Current Spoiler Policy: Rumors and basic info about upcoming show okay. Further plot development like extra rangers not okay.
Draccy
7X
Favorite series: One Piece
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider
Dreamy: Nico Robin
Favorite Actor?: Liam Neeson
Favorite Band: T-Pistonz+KMC
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Kamen Rider

Re: Ninninger 28 sanjou!

Post by Draccy »

This arc will really make me miss Psycho Rangers.
Seems like this will be fun going forward.
The kids were the most hilarious part.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I think I'm going to dissent from the group here. For being a new arc, that wasn't a very good episode.

To me it feels like Ninninger somehow got even dumber. Toys, Takaharu somehow being unable to turn while running, the whole plot involving the barrier, etc. While I'm glad we're moving the overarching plot forward (finally!) pretty much everything else about this episode fell flat to me.

And I also agree that Troll-Grandpa withholding the knowledge that his son's ninja powers were stolen is bad writing. At best it makes him a bad person, at worst it's the writers pulling things out of the void.
Digifiend
Gabu

Post by Digifiend »

Phoenix512 wrote:Fuuka being called a child by Nagi made me laugh since she dresses like one.
Technically, she IS one, and so is Nagi! Both are only supposed to be 16.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

Kogashi wrote:See Takaharu shrunk down into a marketing ploy-I mean toy, I feel I need to quote the Rifftrax of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory... Huh, you'd think with him being that much smaller he'd be that much less annoying.
is that how a JP sentai toy looks? its not very articulated. i would think they'd be better than the he-man looking 1s we have on our pegs. but i guess not.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Digifiend wrote:
Phoenix512 wrote:Fuuka being called a child by Nagi made me laugh since she dresses like one.
Technically, she IS one, and so is Nagi! Both are only supposed to be 16.
They are teenagers to me and at least to me Fuuka should have developed more of an adult sense of fashion by now. I will continue to call her on her childish fashion sense.
Kogashi
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
My boom: OK KO Let's Be Heroes
Quote: Man should not live on carbohydrates alone, complex or otherwise.
Type: ENFJ Teacher

Post by Kogashi »

midorininger wrote:
Kogashi wrote:See Takaharu shrunk down into a marketing ploy-I mean toy, I feel I need to quote the Rifftrax of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory... Huh, you'd think with him being that much smaller he'd be that much less annoying.
is that how a JP sentai toy looks? its not very articulated. i would think they'd be better than the he-man looking 1s we have on our pegs. but i guess not.
There's a style of Toku toys that are soft, I think hollow, plastic figures with the moving parts being just the waist most of the time and the arms... I think... *is vaguely remembering something from the Decade web movies, involving Deneb*
READING TOO MUCH INTO THINGS![/size] including random over analysis rants on pop culture, and Tokusatsu series reviews, if Toei gets off my back for long enough. Also follow on twitter @R2TMIT, or facebook.com/R2TMIT
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

midorininger wrote:
That's the cheap one that goes for like 7 bucks. As for articulation, it moves arms and waist, which is roughly the same as US cheap toys. The 20-40 dollar figures are much more articulated.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

And when i tought Star was going to be stronger he goes back to be just another background character, I recognize im not well informed about sentai, but usually the sixth is supposed to be strong right?, I mean Genta/Antonio like his song says is a tide changer, the beets were strong until the special morphing, Burai/tommy was pretty strong to take all the others on a fight and Gosei Knight was simply a beast, but this one seems to be just stronger than the weak ones.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

The additional ranger is strong when introduced, but then will gradually lose strength as they become more integrated into the group.
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Oh, I see, but still star was never shown really strong maybe the first one or two episodes but became weak really fast. maybe that assasinate my grandsons thing made it impossible, which is sad because the cowboy motif of Star was pretty cool, altough I would have prefered if he was an actual american.

You know i really like Takaharu, maybe I like bad characters (Go, Banno) but i think its kinda lame that the power up is only for him, in Shinkenger it worked because it was pretty much balanced, you got to see everyone shine and the one only power up made it more notable, but here it only serves to give Takaharu more control of the program.
GekiGokaiShinken
Favorite series: Gokaiger
Quote: Let's Party Night!

Post by GekiGokaiShinken »

eijiman wrote:Oh, I see, but still star was never shown really strong maybe the first one or two episodes but became weak really fast. maybe that assasinate my grandsons thing made it impossible, which is sad because the cowboy motif of Star was pretty cool, altough I would have prefered if he was an actual american.
Well usually the Goofballs become the same strength as the others faster than the serious ones. I Believe it is in an attempt to make the villains look stronger. The Assassinations were a hard concept to keep going. It was better he moved to proper Pupil. It is Japan so it is understandable not to go with a white boy American on the team, besides they only started try out white people two seasons ago. Give them time (baby steps my friend.)

In the long run I want a Love story between Fuuka and Kin-chan (the seeds are there.) It would allow for Takaharu, and all the others, to develop. Imagine the reactions of the Father, Yakumo, and Nagi. It could actually play into an episode as a plan by Kasumi with Fuuka and Kin acting like they are a couple but it is false, revealing at the end they don't want to tell them yet. We could use some proper Sentai Romance, it has been too long.
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

GekiGokaiShinken wrote:The Assassinations were a hard concept to keep going. It was better he moved to proper Pupil.
How was it a hard concept? Have him be a rogue ninja actually bent on killing a member of the team then you can pull the whole "defeat means befriending" shtick and he'd join the team. Make him a sensible threat and it'd come off as a much better plotline, in consequence.
The way the show executed it (hurr) though (with acting like Kinji needed to be "loved and included") felt worse since you had moments such as Takaharu going "Oh man, he tried to kill me but I miss Kinji; I miss my murderer buddy!" and that just sounds creepy.
It is Japan so it is understandable not to go with a white boy American on the team, besides they only started try out white people two seasons ago. Give them time
Kane Kosugi's Jiraiya/Ninja Black back in 1994 says hi.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

now i want for the father to be the 7th member. maybe as an 11th hour add in ... so much for kyuemon being that ....

fuuka and kinji? im not buying that ship!

so whos getting lion ha-oh next?
expectation: Yakumo
reality: kasume

also ... i just thought of this. the 2 different schools of ninja, but the evil 1 came from the now good one ... its like the force!
GekiGokaiShinken
Favorite series: Gokaiger
Quote: Let's Party Night!

Post by GekiGokaiShinken »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
GekiGokaiShinken wrote:The Assassinations were a hard concept to keep going. It was better he moved to proper Pupil.
How was it a hard concept? Have him be a rogue ninja actually bent on killing a member of the team then you can pull the whole "defeat means befriending" shtick and he'd join the team. Make him a sensible threat and it'd come off as a much better plotline, in consequence.
The way the show executed it (hurr) though (with acting like Kinji needed to be "loved and included") felt worse since you had moments such as Takaharu going "Oh man, he tried to kill me but I miss Kinji; I miss my murderer buddy!" and that just sounds creepy.
It is Japan so it is understandable not to go with a white boy American on the team, besides they only started try out white people two seasons ago. Give them time
Kane Kosugi's Jiraiya/Ninja Black back in 1994 says hi.
It is a hard concept based on Kin-chan and Takaharu's personalities, both being goofball types. Had one of them been like Marvelous of Gokaiger or Takeru of Shinkenger then the concept would be more solid. You need a serious character who either brushes it off like the assassination attempts are nothing while the goofy guy tries his hardest to no avail or to be the serious one who is frustrated he is not succeeding despite his skill. It would turn it into a Marvelous/Guy or Takeru/Genta or even Kai/Hikaru from Magiranger. It's like the straight man jokes you need the serious guy and goof ball for the joke to work.

Thank you for the correction with 1994, I look forward to you correcting my ignorance.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Really liked this episode. It's was pretty funny, and the revelation at the end was nice.

Return to “Shuriken Sentai Ninninger”