What is Original In Kyouryuuger?

ZyuRanger without the Jews
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

What is Original In Kyouryuuger?

Post by DarkRobin »

Now that Kyouryuugers, what can anyone tell something in this sentai that has never been shown in the previous Super Sentai series?

Anyone who has seen at least 3 Super Sentai series would know how much all of them have in common and the patterns they follow. So almost nothing is ever unique to each Sentai, even if there are something unique, soon or later another Sentai is likely to use it again. For example, Gekiviolet was the first purple/violet ranger in the history of Super Sentai, and he stopped being the only one with the purple/violet ranger of Kyouryuugers, KyouryuViolet. And more importantly, Zyuden Sentai is the third Sentai to use the dinosaur theme. Which shows very few is anything ever stays unique in Super Sentai

So what do you think is original in Zyuden Sentai?

The very first thing I can think of is the Zyudenryu partner of KyuryuViolet, Plezuon, as it is the first Dino-Mecha based on Plesiosaurus, and Tobaspino is the first mecha based on Spinosaurus.

Kyouryuugers are also the first Sentai whose members reach up to ten, this is also the first Sentai to have rangers with the colors, cyan and gray. Spirit rangers may not count as original, as it was shown in Gokiagers, Black Condor of Jetmen was able to return to the land of living and access his ranger powers, thus explaining how some of the dead rangers from other Sentais joined the Legend War. However, this is the first sentai in first deceased members can keep fighting with their comrades even without being in special occasion, so maybe there is some originality to the Spirit Rangers after all.

Would anyone consider the Zyudenchi, or the beast batteries to be original? At first I thought they might be, then I thought other than the use to change to alternate forms, the Zyudenchi are pretty similar to ranger keys(from Gokiagers), so not really original. Can anyone think anything about them that no other previous sentai had?

Another thing, which doesn't directly concern the originality of this sentai. Ayumi Kinoshita, the actress who played Yuko and later become the new KyouryCyan also played Jasmine/DekaYellow in Dekarangers, making her the first actor/actress to portray two different sentai rangers.

Finally, this might be also the first Sentai in which the members didn't learn each other's identity in the beginning.

If anyone can think anything original about Kyouryuugers, please share 8)
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Re: What is Original In Kyouryuuger?

Post by dancercotillion »

Whoa, Jasmine is the first to play two different Rangers?

NO ONE TELL BURAI.
DarkRobin
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by DarkRobin »

One thing I missed, Daigo's Kyouryuuger Red Carnival form. It's the first power-up by using one of sentai's mecha as a transformation/henshin device, additionally, it's the first power-up form that grants the ranger the abilities and weapons of mecha giant combinations.
shin_dan
There are five lights!
There are five lights!
Favorite series: Kabuto
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger

Post by shin_dan »

I guess you can say that Masayuki Deai is the first actor to play as 3 different ranger characters(in a way)!!!

Eiji Takaoka/Bouken Silver
Tessai/Kyoryu gray
Shinya/Kyoryu gray
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

dancercotillion wrote:Whoa, Jasmine is the first to play two different Rangers?

NO ONE TELL BURAI.
Yukio Itou.
Crimzonite
Mega

Post by Crimzonite »

Don't forget Junichi Haruta (the actor who played Souji's father, Genryuu). He was both Kanpei Kuroda/Goggle Black in Goggle V and Ryuu Hoshikawa/Dyna Black in Dynaman.
dancercotillion
Vaglass
Vaglass
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Pityin' foo's.
Quote: Some laws you break.
Some laws break you.

Post by dancercotillion »

Catastrophe wrote:
dancercotillion wrote:Whoa, Jasmine is the first to play two different Rangers?

NO ONE TELL BURAI.
Yukio Itou.
Hell, not even! Miyauchi Hiroshi was the very first returning Ranger, playing AoRanger in Goranger and Big One in JAKQ.

Burai being Change Pegasus just came easier to my mind :V
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

True. I was thinking core team.
TankCoyote
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Decade
Dreamy: Joe
Favorite Actor?: Gai
Favorite Band: Yes
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: my GF
Quote: GOKAICHANGE! GoooookaiSiiiilver!

Post by TankCoyote »

also, the original Gavan
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

DarkRobin wrote:
Kyouryuugers are also the first Sentai whose members reach up to ten, this is also the first Sentai to have rangers with the colors, cyan and gray.
Cyan has been used. Even though they weren't called Cyan most female Blues were cyan. Also as I pointed out in one of the old Threads. (I think the episode 5 thread, it was one of them I started)
Dekaranger had 10 members. Red-Blue-Green-Yellow-Pink-Break-Master-Swan-Bright-Gold

Mind you Swan and Bright had only one episode of the series and DekaGold is original for literally having the least amount of screen time in ranger form.

Kyouryuger didn't really have much that was original, this wasn't Jetman, Timeranger, or Shinkenger. It was a safe sentai. I would say this season was the first to be entirely written by one person.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I haven't seen all Sentai, but there was a lot of little stuff that I enjoyed from Kyouryuuger. Like the origin story and relationship between Ucchii and Dogold. There was some infighting between the enemy commanders, but for the most part they worked together well and actually got along. I think that was kind of unusual.

I liked the shake up with the rollcalls too.

I also assumed this would be a fairly safe series at the beginning, but it has been a bunch of pleasant little surprises. I'm not sure if all the little moments can be objectively quantified and compared to stuff that has happened in the past. I mean technically, nothing is original at this point.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

One actor playing 2 different rangers has happened a few times already actually. There were a few cases, eg. AkaRanger from Gorenger, and the Gavan actor also was 2 different rangers.

Also, the most recent one was probably Hiroya Matsumoto, who played MagiYellow (MagiRanger) and Beet Buster (GoBusters).
Bomyne
Go Go!
Favorite series: Zi-O
2nd Favorite Series: Drive
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Bomyne »

I think the original thing I noticed the most is that Red was able to use mecha power in Ranger form.

Minityra allowed him to use his main mecha's power in Ranger form, but more than that, he was able to use any mecha that was capable of attaching itself to gabutyra.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Kyoryuger has the most people transforming, 14. And if you count D/Deathryuger, 15.
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD

Return to “ZyuDen Sentai Kyouryuuger”