Kaigan KR Ghost 16

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:08 am

☆☆☆☆☆
79%
☆☆☆☆
16%
☆☆☆
5%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 19
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 16

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating: 3.85 (13 votes)
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 16

Post by Yaiba »

Who else wants to kill Onari when he interrupted Makoto explaining what the Ganma World is? That is so cliche and annoying.

We're learning more about the Ganma, that is good.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Why do I get a feeling when after they were done with the entire general plot of this show they realized everything they wanted to do would've taken 100 episodes which is why we are basically on fast forward.

Not that I'm complaining. I'm actually really enjoying Ghost right now.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Just asking takenoko, what is the pun you're talking about?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Yaiba wrote:Who else wants to kill Onari when he interrupted Makoto explaining what the Ganma World is? That is so cliche and annoying.
I get that feeling whenever he's on-screen. Luckily, everything else makes up for his awfulness!

Man, what a packed episode. I'm thinking Kuchiri may be right, and if that's the case then the next 30-something episodes are going to be jam-packed with stuff. All I could think during the episode was "This world is huge". So many new things are coming to light that this is definitely not going to be a simple "Stop them from taking over the world" series. I am excite.

Technical/Production talk:
Necrom looks badass. I saw that Eitoku is the suit actor for this one, which explains why he's been on-screen as a few of the random citizens in the past few episodes. A few of the early catalog shots of Necrom showed Eitoku's eyes through the green visor, so knowing where his eyes are in the helmet, then seeing that turbine-thing in the visor makes me wonder if Eitoku could actually go through his day blindfolded and not have any issues. I'm excited for the coming battles because the previous series where Eitoku was the "bad" rider have produced some epic fights between him and Seiji Takaiwa. Gaim v. Baron again, anybody?

On the next episode,
Spoiler
Takeru becomes the Pink Sentai ranger!
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Shipuujin
Infinity
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Shipuujin »

Was surprised to see yet another Kamen Rider. Interestingly, he doesn't use a belt, but a brace. Alain was able to fight Ghost and Specter without transforming, so seeing how he got this upgrade is quite scary.

I really like the gimmick of Necrom. It has to absorb Ganma's energy in order to properly function, a bit like fuel. Seeing as how its power is on par with Boost, I guess that weakness should balance out its power.

This was another excellent episode. I wonder if there will be even more Kamen Riders in this series?
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

That Necrom brace... is very toy-like, does KR also have a toy line like Sentai or something? And that Necrom suit, it looks like it's based on ancient diving suit.

I wonder why I get the feeling that Alain guy might become an ally later on...
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
TokuCasual
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by TokuCasual »

Awesome episode. Necrom suit looks cool. His visor is neat, his color balance is good, and that ghostly phasing ability is a nice touch. Like a Necromancer, he controls the dead.

Also that theme of his, so bad ass. Onari stopping Makoto from going into some much needed details was pretty annoying. All in all though, good stuff.
Last edited by TokuCasual on Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrazyBlaze
Infinity
Alignment: Lawful Good
My boom: TOKU!
Quote: Finished: Sentai: Dairanger, Kakuranger, Abaranger, Dekaranger. Magiranger, Bokuenger, Go-onger, Shinkenger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters, Kyrouranger

Kamen Rider: Kuuga, Agito, Faiz, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, W, OOO, Fourze, Wizard, Gaim

Watching: Gekiranger, ToQer, Drive

Post by CrazyBlaze »

Shipuujin wrote:
This was another excellent episode. I wonder if there will be even more Kamen Riders in this series?

It looks like there might be at least one more. It could just be a super mook but the shoulders look very similar to Necrom.
Galada
Go Go!

Post by Galada »

Rifaz wrote:That Necrom brace... is very toy-like, does KR also have a toy line like Sentai or something?.
... Of course it does. That's why these shows exist. To sell toys. You can see it in the commercials that TV-Nihon sometimes batch with the episode.
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

Interesting episode..
But Akari made a mockery with science with what she did to the Eyecon fragment... hrmph

Also, I never realized Takeru never knew Alan/Alain (why the name change, by the way?)
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

msf232 wrote:Just asking takenoko, what is the pun you're talking about?
It's the me ga uruou /mega uruoudo
njb wrote:Also, I never realized Takeru never knew Alan/Alain (why the name change, by the way?)
There's a v-cinema just announced and his name was spelled Alain and I couldn't think of a good reason not to change the name except out of sheer stubbornness.
Mxylv
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

I have to say, after how much of a let down I found episode 15, this one was pretty amazing. Necrom is pretty epic (and I think the timing/energy limitation does a good job balancing out how OP he is), Makoto's character is back on track (although Akari's and Onari's sadly aren't yet), and there's some more information on the Ganma. I also like it that apparently the Eyecon interiors resemble the environments of each respective luminary (although I was kind of confused by Robin Hood's speech--how the heck is Robin Hood a better guy than the Sheriff of Nottingham that way?). Anyway, the episode was also pretty willing to take itself seriously for a series like this, and a number of new things happened with the Eyecons/forms (although I'm still not sure I want to see Ghost or anyone else standing on Houdini's back again).

I'm also liking Specter's character development more and more. It'll be pretty interesting to see where this goes.

Next episode:
Spoiler
The 15th Eyecon is revealed? Onari goes Neo? Ghost turns pink? This sounds fun!
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, HwTM, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Coto Pablo
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Sorbo
Favorite Band: Various
My boom: Henshin
Quote: "Life must be experienced, not taught."

Post by Sefiros »

I get the feeling that the Necrom suit will be used by other Genma beings besides Alain. Any takers?
xanzerxiii
7X
Quote: Nn~ Aah~ Ecstasy!
Type: INTP Architect

Post by xanzerxiii »

Owh so his name is Alain not Alan/Aran ? Didnt really catch up on that one. Is it a silent "i" ?
I will never give up ze yo!

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”