Kaigan KR Ghost 23

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:37 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
41%
☆☆☆☆
45%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
No votes
5%

Total votes: 22
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kaigan KR Ghost 23

Post by takenoko »

<Previous Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep>

Last week's poll rating: 4.8 (20 votes)
Zychotic
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Inoue Masahiro
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 23

Post by Zychotic »

I feel like this episode was just a tease of the Grateful form. Okay, we get it, that form is strong, but how does it work? I guess it's like Gaim's final form where he can summon the power of each luminary eyecon.

I did like that scene with all of the eyecons talking to each other. It does kind of end the story arc of connecting the luminary eyecons souls.

As expected, Alain is starting to see that his world isn't perfect and is starting to enjoy the joys of a human life (as well as slowly growing a heart).

Kanon pretty much has a new catchphrase now, "Alain-sama" instead of just only saying "Oniichan".

So those bodies Takeru saw are actually the bodies of the Ganma world people. Whilst in those pods, they take the form of an eyecon which explains why Makoto is an eyecon. I guess that means now Alain is using his own body instead of an eyecon so if he dies, he's permanently dead. That would make sense as to why Adel killed the eyecon Alain, then ordered his people to kill Alain.
Zor

Post by Zor »

1) I'm soooooooooooooo happy it's Greatful and not "Grapefruit!" I was fearing a gaim situation here that was all kinds of fruity for a sec. But this week, i wasn't watching japanese subs...... and with the great big orange/yellow glowing ball at the end of the rider kick... i got scared.

2) at what point can we start making greatful dead jokes?
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

Zor wrote:1) I'm soooooooooooooo happy it's Greatful and not "Grapefruit!" I was fearing a gaim situation here that was all kinds of fruity for a sec. But this week, i wasn't watching japanese subs...... and with the great big orange/yellow glowing ball at the end of the rider kick... i got scared.

2) at what point can we start making greatful dead jokes?
not sure if you typed it intentionally or not, but it's "Grateful" not "Greatful"

it sure took quite some time to activate the finisher, wonder if the enemy will attack at that time in the future ep
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Post by DaVinci030 »

RoxasXIII wrote:not sure if you typed it intentionally or not, but it's "Grateful" not "Greatful"
I think it's not intentional. I've checked the whole episode and everything is "Grateful" except for one Omega Drive line. It's just one mistake and I don't think we're going to have V2 (unless luna say so).

Edit: Correction added to wiki.
Spoiler
Oh yeah the mysterious hero is coming.

OOOKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by OOOKaiser »

this was a great episode and Takeru was being such a dick in this one but he learned his lesson after Makato's eyecon broke. The new form looks nice and I thought it was the final form but I remembered that we're not even around episode 30s yet. Another crossover it seems but it says its episode 24? Are they trying a new thing with the crossover this year?
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Takeru's little down in the dumps moment seemed pretty quick. Like it was just there for him to get over and get the new form.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by stardrago »

So, not only you may need a version 2 to correct the Greatful to Grateful for one scene, but also, how come Zen Kaigan was changed to All Kaigan, as well as Dai Henge to Grand Transformation?
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Humm, a full blown Heroic BSOD. I feel like we haven't had one of these lately.

Anyhow, the new form is, uh, shiny? Golden riders are nothing new, but this one seems especially so, with an extra bit of kitsch from the eyecon logos. It makes me a bit worried about what the final form would be like, as these are getting increasingly bulky

Now to go save Makoto's body, again!
Zychotic wrote:I feel like this episode was just a tease of the Grateful form. Okay, we get it, that form is strong, but how does it work?
An excellent point. Normally when we get a new form we get to see all the major abilities/weapons right away. This really was more of a tease; it was a short fight with Ghost mostly deflecting things and doing a rider kick. Which is making this whole Grateful thing extremely drawn out; we saw the new driver back in episode 20.
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

stardrago wrote:So, not only you may need a version 2 to correct the Greatful to Grateful for one scene, but also, how come Zen Kaigan was changed to All Kaigan, as well as Dai Henge to Grand Transformation?

Would like to add... Why is Houdini (since it first showed up way-back-when) sometimes given the Cap H and sometimes not ?
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
Yaiba
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Dekaranger, Gokaiger, Magiranger, Shinkenger, Kyouryuuger, Kuuga

Post by Yaiba »

stardrago wrote:So, not only you may need a version 2 to correct the Greatful to Grateful for one scene, but also, how come Zen Kaigan was changed to All Kaigan, as well as Dai Henge to Grand Transformation?
Not going to release a version 2 for the one "Grateful scene", the error was noted in the wiki. What is wrong with the other two?
Uzur9 wrote:Would like to add... Why is Houdini (since it first showed up way-back-when) sometimes given the Cap H and sometimes not ?
We have answered this multiple times already. It was always a capital "H", it was the font that made it looked like a lowercase "h".
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Although I am psyched for the crossover, I think they should do a DVD special where they crossover with the Shinkengers: Have the Gamma world, instead of being an endless dessert, be next to the Sanzu River and have Squidface (Shitari) (who didn't die in the Shinkengers and who has already seen a Kamen Rider in action) become interested in the action and decide to make an eyecon of one of the Gedoushuu.
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

DaVinci030 wrote:I think it's not intentional. I've checked the whole episode and everything is "Grateful" except for one Omega Drive line. It's just one mistake and I don't think we're going to have V2 (unless luna say so).

Edit: Correction added to wiki.
Spoiler
Oh yeah the mysterious hero is coming.
I haven't checked the ep when I made this so I didn't noticed if there is really a "Greatful". lol

yeah, it's just minor mistake. no need to release v2
Yaiba wrote: Not going to release a version 2 for the one "Grateful scene", the error was noted in the wiki. What is wrong with the other two?
I think it's probably because how t-n handle translation all the time
t-n usually not translate belt effect like "Kaigan", "Dai Kaigan", or like in Gaim "Ichigo Arms", "Suika Arms" so imo it's also rather weird seing "All Kaigan" or "Grand Transformation" instead of "Zen Kaigan" or "Dai Henge"
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Post by Masked Rider »

I'm just happy that the new belt looks better now!
Greenstalker
Mega

Post by Greenstalker »

Hmm this episode had a couple of things going on under the premise of new form overshadowing them.

1) If Alain had a body where was emperor's body? We saw Adel only destroyed emperors eyecon last week although it was a point last weeks episode Alain having a living body was made certain on this episode in which case it means emperor should had a living body too thus he wasn't really assassinated by Adel either. I am not quiet sure but the body disintegrate in front of Takeru happened at a different time emperors death.

2) I was not certain about this until todays episode but at back of my mind something was ticking off for the last few weeks I just couldn't put my finger on what it was until todays episode. It might just me but i think the sister will turn out a bigger deal than Adel or Emperor why? I remember her talk with Alain she was trying to give a peace of mind to Alain by saying something that he might want to hear and skillfully change subject to Makoto since it seems she does not want to talk about the subject Alain started. When She met with Makoto her usual expression changes we didn't see that kind of expression in family meeting or when she was talking with Alain than she kindly refuse Makoto's invitation saying she has things to do in Ganma World. Lastly in this episode she tells Adel that old guy can't be trusted becuase he was emperors friend. Unless she had doubt about emperor herself she wouldn't say that so either she knows Adel was the one who killed emperor or she has her own suspicions about emperors actions despite what she told to Alain. Either way she is suspicious and it was made clear for me on this episode.

3) Since Makoto's real body is at ganma world it makes previous attempts to kill him pointless since we know even if your eyecon is destroyed it means you will just wake up with your original body. Considering Makoto's body was in a separate room than others it means not anyone can access that room so it makes assassinating specter pointless prior to events of a couple of episode back.

4) Why Adel didn't have his helper to be ready in the room of Alain to assassinate his body right after he destroyed his eyecon? This also fits with my 1st point if Adel had someone ready to emperors body it would make sense the assassination attempt but even if emperors body wouldn't be anywhere reachable or not exist anymore thus he was only living as an eyecon it does not mean Adel couldn't reach Alain's body too unless each members body was hidden somewhere but it would make it even more susupiious since if it was in a hidden location Alain should just stay at there to regain strength not wander around aimlessly and weak.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”