Kaigan KR Ghost 30

G-g-ghosts?!
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Ghost Wiki Link

< Drive | Ghost | Ex-Aid >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun May 22, 2016 12:28 am

☆☆☆☆☆
77%
☆☆☆☆
9%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
No votes
5%

Total votes: 22
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Re: Kaigan KR Ghost 30

Post by Victormaru »

The death of Fumi pretty much just acts as a catalyst to Aran's character development and is the event that ultimately turns him into a good guy. The new civilian clothing symbolizes his final decision to switch factions. Although I am going to miss that black suit with the shoulder cape.
Shipuujin wrote:Really wondering where the Takoyaki is coming from. I wonder if someone took over Fumi-baa's stand or if Alain is just walking up and "stealing" some takoyaki. It's a small thing, but I really hope they explain that.
I wondered the same thing. I just figured he either grabbed the takoyaki from another vendor / store or someone else out there had taken over Fumi's stand. Could be Kanon's new job, who knows.
RoxasXIII
Infinity

Post by RoxasXIII »

Sefiros wrote:Kamen Riders have always used a belt to transform. If Alain's item of transformation is a bracelet, is he truly entitled to be a Kamen Rider?
Poor G3(X), Diend, Hibiki riders, half Kabuto riders
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

A lot about the funeral scene was quite well done (although also a shame, as I really liked both her and Adonis); I think the report of her passing was the first time either Shibuya or Narita said anything particularly meaningful. It's a pretty neat twist that Deep Connect have gained the team's trust, and I thought the Yuki subplot also had a solid, well-done ending. Here are some other random notes:

-Anyone else thought the ghost hoodies started out confused which rider was theirs near the end? It'd be rather amusing if they picked the wrong ones.
-So that's why the more recent episodes stressed the "follow your heart" message so much; it turned into Necrom's catchphrase.
-The show's about ghosts, but all Fumi-baa got was "we still have her memories?" I know Ghost is technically a science-fiction show by now, but I think Takeru can afford to be a bit more ambiguous than all that.
-Oh, and I forgot: I'm not even sure how to react to Alain fighting while eating takoyaki, as I found it both touching and amusing.
Last edited by Mxylv on Sun May 15, 2016 4:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Ashki »

Thiws was quite an amazing two-parter, although I lost it when Alain walked into the ambush eating takoyaki. But the death was beautifully done, and Alain's final wish really pulled together everything hi heart has been showing him since he first appeared. I'll bet his brother wasn't happy when he heard Alain's decision to turn the Ganma world into Earth 2 (no reference to a certain sci-fi series intended).
Amazon would like to have a word with you
Best comeback of the month... and the second time I lost it in 15 minutes.
-The show's about ghosts, but all Fumi-baa got was "we still have her memories?" I know Ghost is technically a science-fiction show by now, but I think it can afford to be a bit more ambiguous than all that.
Well we can't have the Star Wars thing with Fumi-baa's ghost hanging around as Alain's Jedi mentor for 5 years and then buggering off right when a forgotten leader returns from the Outer Rim to rebuild the Ganma Empire. :lol:

Seriously, though, Takeru is still around because he's technically an eyecon (albeit bound externally to the Ghost eyecon), and may also be an indirect product of his father's research. All other ghosts at this point have all been eyecons, including Yuki's father. So in a sense, the ghosts in this series are all a product of spiritech. Had alain arrived in time, he may have bound her soul to an eyecon so she could stick around, but I doubt she'd want that.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

In fiction, natural causes and being killed are usually two distinct kinds of death, and many kinds of reviving only work on people who died unnaturally.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

I guess it's time for Alain to spread his wings and leave the nest with Fumi-baa passing on. Thank goodness he got back on his feet in one episode and didn't drag a pity party out over the course of a month. The little "ghost" at the end on the roof of the building was a nice touch, I thought.

Was Kanon's fainting really necessary?

STILL cannot get "Grapefruit!" out of my head from the April Fool's episode.

Spoiler
Really, really shocked that nobody mentioned Seiji Takaiwa being in the next episode. I'm interested to see if he fights Ghost :lol:
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
joan_kurisu
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: KR Decade & Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Masayuki Izumi
Favorite Band: Flow
Quote: Torisugari no Kamen Raida da. Oboeteoke.

Post by joan_kurisu »

Sefiros wrote:Kamen Riders have always used a belt to transform. If Alain's item of transformation is a bracelet, is he truly entitled to be a Kamen Rider?
Not all Kamen Riders uses belt to transform...Kamen Rider DiEnd doesn't use belt to transform...he uses DiEnd Driver which is some form of a gun...
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Ashki wrote:
-The show's about ghosts, but all Fumi-baa got was "we still have her memories?" I know Ghost is technically a science-fiction show by now, but I think Takeru can afford to be a bit more ambiguous than all that.
Well we can't have the Star Wars thing with Fumi-baa's ghost hanging around as Alain's Jedi mentor for 5 years and then buggering off right when a forgotten leader returns from the Outer Rim to rebuild the Ganma Empire. :lol:

Seriously, though, Takeru is still around because he's technically an eyecon (albeit bound externally to the Ghost eyecon), and may also be an indirect product of his father's research. All other ghosts at this point have all been eyecons, including Yuki's father. So in a sense, the ghosts in this series are all a product of spiritech. Had alain arrived in time, he may have bound her soul to an eyecon so she could stick around, but I doubt she'd want that.
Good point; I'm also glad Fumi-baa didn't stick around as a ghost herself (that would've defeat the point of her death), and the show, being science-fiction, hasn't given any clear answers about techless life after death (which I think is a good thing). That said, given that Fumi-baa (one of the few named characters to not know much about ganma or ghosts) said that hearts don't die, I found it rather ironic that the ghost (even if he's an eyecon)'s response to death being the end was that at least memories of her were still around.
mholden020 wrote:STILL cannot get "Grapefruit!" out of my head from the April Fool's episode.
I can't even say the word Grapefruit without thinking of that now :lol:
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Sefiros
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Dreamy: Coto Pablo
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Sorbo
Favorite Band: Various
My boom: Henshin
Quote: "Life must be experienced, not taught."

Post by Sefiros »

Ok. I misspoke. Still like Alain to get a bike.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Lunagel wrote:
Amazon would like to have a word with you
So would the Whistle, Tuning Fork, and wrist mounted strumming thing from Hibiki. (However, there are people who are uncomfortable calling Hibiki a Kamen Rider as well.)
XenWrider wrote:
zeta_gundam wrote:Also, the way Alain walked in while eating takos. What. The. Heck?!
Was a pretty good scene. At first I thought Alain got the box of Takoyaki, that Fumi-baa dropped, on the ground...but at the end he had gotten another fresh box...
Wonder where he is getting his fix of free Takoyaki since he literally has no money and has been given free meals by her kindness.
I also wonder how he bought the art supplies? Maybe Alain wrestles under a mask in DDT to get pocket money? Maybe Kanon has a stand set up by the entrance of the temple where she will call you "onee-chan" for 200 yen?
eijiman
IXA

Post by eijiman »

Well, a good explanation for Alain having money to buy things, would be that in both ganma world and Earth people like jewels, gold, silver etc. So him being the son of an important dude, he has access to some of those.
Ashki
Mega
Favorite series: no such thing
Dreamy: Mele

Post by Ashki »

I also wonder how he bought the art supplies? Maybe Alain wrestles under a mask in DDT to get pocket money? Maybe Kanon has a stand set up by the entrance of the temple where she will call you "onee-chan" for 200 yen?
While I can't say for certain with the takoyaki (Fumi-baa probably taught him how to make them, so maybe he used her cart?), I'm almost certain he got the art supplies from Cubi's stuff. He was travelling pretty light when he left, after all, so it's likely most of his art supplies were left behind.
Fave | Least Fave Series so far
KR: AgitΩ or Zero-One | Drive
SS: unsure | Maskman
UM: Nexus | Ultra Q
Sentai: Akiballion: Battlemaids of Akihabara | Buddha Man
Other Toku: possibly Shinigami no Ballad | probably Sci-Rop
BeetBusterRen
Yggdrasill Dog
Yggdrasill Dog
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Minato Youko
Favorite Actor?: Ozawa Ryota
Favorite Band: On/Off
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Kamen Rider Drive
Quote: Let's~ Henshin~
Type: ISFP Composer

Post by BeetBusterRen »

Ashki wrote:
While I can't say for certain with the takoyaki (Fumi-baa probably taught him how to make them, so maybe he used her cart?), I'm almost certain he got the art supplies from Cubi's stuff. He was travelling pretty light when he left, after all, so it's likely most of his art supplies were left behind.
Same here, when I saw Alan holding the art materials I immediately thought that they were some stuff that Cubi had left behind. The Takoyaki, however, shall remain a mystery for now.

I'm really hoping they give Kanon something more meaningful to do. I mean I enjoyed watching her interaction with Makoto when she was still an eyecon, but now she's mostly just blending with the background.

Also, during the scene that Kanon hands over the civilian clothes Fumi-baa gave to Alan Makoto totally smiled in a 'I ship you two' kind of way.
Avatar made by this awesome pixiv artist ZeruZeru
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Go-On Macaroni wrote:
Eternal_Winterbane wrote:Ghost's episodes 29 and 30 just happened to have Koichi Sakamoto on them, and well, wirework abuse~~.
Koichi is back?! I was wondering why this episode felt so kinetic! :D It's good to have him back.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Necrom get a permanent powerup from Takoyaki. Genius.

Return to “Kamen Rider Ghost”