Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo Makai Retsuden 09 released

Post by takenoko »

< Prev Ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last episode rating: 4.2 (5 votes)

Alt Title - Buy the Bikuu Movie on Blu-ray Promotion Part 2

I'll admit it, I had my doubts about this episode. The boy's pretty annoying. The jokes fell flat (gay jokes and punching women, really?). But at least the story as kind of novel. One of the strong points of Retsuden is that it breaks the usual Garo format of "Horror does something, then a Makai Knight goes out and dispatches it." I think that's why a lot of Garo episodes focus more on the Horror than the Knights themselves.

But once the kid encounters the Horror, it got pretty good for me. I liked his tenacity. And I was totally surprised to see Raiga. I wasn't expecting to see any of the main knights show up in this series (I figured Ryuuga was an exception since he's outside the normal continuity). So maybe we'll see Kouga, Zero, or some other main series heroes at some point?

Also the action scenes were pretty fun.

Commercials
Y!Mobile Wankyuppa
Mercari Family - No hunting
Y!Mobile Smart phone shopping
JAM Project Live Tour 2016 ~AREA Z~
au A new you with Issun Boushi
Mercari Family - Delivery
Dragon Quest Heroes II with Moriyama Mirai
XIII
The Conspiracy
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: KR Faiz - Kab
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: Devil Z

Re: Garo Makai Retsuden 09 released

Post by XIII »

I wasnt impressed with the 4th walling for most of the first half, kinda annoyed me at times cause it was just vast amounts of dialog and not much else.

2nd half was far better, I give the kid credit for taking on the horror and getting his ass kicked. I was surprised to see Raiga appear. At least we get a small amount of Garo fighting in this series. Just shows that they can change it up quite a bit week to week.

I just hope we dont get another 4th walling episode for a while.
Live for the Moment, for the Moment is Eternal!
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

I was resigned to being slightly bored with the episode - Daichi was cute and presumably plays a big role in the Bikuu movie, but without having seen that movie I didn’t care as much about his antics. I was amused by the different encounters Daichi had in order to make eye contact with people. The exchange between him and the litterbug (Why’d you dodge? It’d hurt if you hit me.) was my favorite.

But since Bikuu had a brief cameo,I was shocked when Raiga popped up during the Horror fight. And Zaruba! Never forget Zaruba. It was also nice to see the Garo armor in action. I figured Raiga would have the third charm, but I wasn't expecting Bikuu to have incorporated him into the test as much as she did. It mad for a sweet teaching moment.

I thought it interesting that presumably Gonza was the person Daichi was talking to the whole episode. It made him feel more like a part of the action.

For a Horror that is known for seducing men, her technique was pretty pathetic. It boiled down to asking men if they loved her before she tried to eat them.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Just wanted to point out the guest stars this time are Yukino played by Aono Kaede and Hikaru played by Morimoto Ryoji. It's Ghost in the Shell meets Blade.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Not sure exactly why, but this one didn't resonate with me. I couldn't get interested in Daichi's story at all, and I wonder how much of that was attributed to having a new character after eight episodes of checking in on the well known characters. Honestly, I nearly forgot about Daichi once Raiga showed up.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
Dragonfan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Dragonfan »

Really liked this episode, and I am very impressed but this Daichi kid. He did his own stunts very well.

And BTW, there's no 4th wall breaking. They make it look like there's, but at the end we see that's not the case.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Hajime-san!!!! Haven't seen you for a decade! Why weren't you able to reprise your role as Chalice in any of the past Super Hero Taisen movies???

Anyways, this episode started off boring but it did pick up once Hajime and that girl appeared on screen. She was cute and of course makes sense to be the Horror. I almost forgot about Daichi and I seriously thought he was a new character. But once Raiga showed up to help battle the Horror, I remember who he is now. Not a bad episode and appreciated the Bikuu cameo appearance.
fenrir
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: RX
2nd Favorite Series: GAIM
Type: ENTP Inventor

Post by fenrir »

contrary to many opinion in here, i like the Daichi kid. i also do like monologue & the 4th wall breaking type in here. coz ya for me who haven't watch bikuu movie, i do think it's important for a "new" chara like him to explain himself, and the 4th wall does as good thing for it.
His chara is a very contrass chara of Bikuu & yet these 2 later on gonna be The Dark Slasher in Garo series. so it's a good future variation i think. looking forward to see him.
i'm surprised he's the same actor who played new Inazuman in Fourze movie thou.

my opinion perhaps biassed coz to be honest, Garo Hana & Guren no Tsuki are 2 my least favourite.
otw: Ex-Aid , Hurricane (ep3), Amazons S2, Kyuuranger

finished:
KR: Black, RX, Super1 + all Heisei + AMAZONS
Sentai: Zyu,Dai,Gao,Deka,Magi,Bouken,Geki,Goon,Shinken,Gokai,GoBus,ToQ,Ninnin
Garo: All (anime[both] as well)
Densha Otoko
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

I will give it a 4... simple but cool episode and this is probably the only side story that we will see for Raiga.
Final Vent!
Victormaru
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger
Dreamy: Kaoru
Favorite Actor?: Mika Hijii
Favorite Band: m-flo
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: GARO
Quote: In the end, I am Eternal.

Post by Victormaru »

I was going to mention that I had immediately noticed the actor for Daichi, who played Inazuman in one of the Kamen Rider Fourze movies and Super Hero Taisen Z (although the actor wasn't present), but someone had already beaten me to it, lol. I knew GARO had to appear in one of these last episodes since it's coming to an end. I wanted Kouga to show up but they're most likely saving him for the finale if anything. Whoever directed that transformation battle was probably the same person who did the Yami wo Terasu Mono CGI 'cause that was pretty terrible as always. And they make it seem like Daichi will indeed appear again in an upcoming series.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Good episode. Picked up towards the end of course with GARO making an appearance.

Return to “-Makai Retsuden-”