Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: KR Kiva 13 released

Post by takenoko »

Maybe you should start a new thread for your random pictures. They really don't ever have anything to do with the episode being discussed
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: too much to list

Post by Raida|23 »

As you wish
Rider Tzad
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Post by Rider Tzad »

Man i've been out of it - but not too much to keep up with Kiva, so i'll try to keep my Oscar-like speech short.

Fantastic job as always TN you guys never cease to impress me with these professional subs - i'm really spoiled by you guys.

Soooo.. to catch up really here are my thoughts thus far:

Garulu Saber form is nice, I might've mentioned it previously when it was released several episodes ago but I don't remember, I do enjoy the whole personality change and Jirou's character is *really* an interesting one to delve into. I'm really liking the pacing that Kiva is going with introducing the characters involving the different Kiva forms. That said...

Basshaa Magnum form is pretty cool, yet, i'm not too keen on the fins that poke out of the sidearm. I get it really, why it is the way it is but I'm guessing that it's just going to have to grow on me I guess. I do like the merman "creature" form though along with the Jirous' wolfen, I especially liked the little targeting reticule that would light up each time he'd shoot is squirt-spit-of-doom. :D

Finally, the long awaited IXA. I really enjoy the two forms although I am not sure why there's two forms, Safe and Burst forms, right? I hadn't read up on it yet to really know what the two states are for, but they're cool nonetheless. Quite an imposing figure and a definite antithesis to Kiva's appearance. Along with that IXAlion is really a nice bike, i'm liking the whole duality with him having the sport bike and Kiva the cruiser. But getting back to IXA, I *really* like his henshin, it's just a nice effect overall with the spinning cross. The one thing that I have a bit of trouble getting is the IXA knuckler's voice, at first, to me, just sounds like it stutters too much. I distinctly can hear "Ready" then "Fist On" but when I heard "IXA Calibur.. Rise up" I thought something hiccuped. I know it will grow on me over time, I guess i'm just not used to hearing it. It isn't bad, in fact, it's rather unique and I understand that as a "rider system" it's supposed to be a mechanized voice. I guess I was expecting something more deeper or along the lines how Kabuto had their zecters chatter. Then again though if that were the case, it'd be Kabuto, I suppose.. :)

This is really becoming a unique character experience and i'm really enjoying these characters as they develop. Kivat is freakin' awesome and has my vote for favorite character and dare I say, I hope they do some character background development on him as well since he's more than just comic-relief and a "device" to henshin. I actually feel he has substance the way he interacts with Wataru and i'm anxious to see how others, if any, will react around him.

Oops, there's the music, guess I ran long. Good job guys and thank you again!

~RTz
Currently watching: Ryuki, Hibiki, Kiva

Completed:
Faiz Ф
Blade ♠
Kabuto
Den-O

Currently contimplating:
As a sentai, anyone wearing brightly colored spandex is an ally. As a rider, anyone else considered a rider is in for an ass-whuppin'...
Raida|23
Crossing a Millennium
Favorite series: too much to list

Post by Raida|23 »

Well, Shizuka usually slaps him...
That Guy
Save the life
Favorite series: Gurren-Lagann
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Ozu Urara
Favorite Actor?: Hosokawa Shigeki
Favorite Band: Disturbed
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Gurren-Lagann

Post by That Guy »

Rider Tzad wrote:The one thing that I have a bit of trouble getting is the IXA knuckler's voice, at first, to me, just sounds like it stutters too much. I distinctly can hear "Ready" then "Fist On" but when I heard "IXA Calibur.. Rise up" I thought something hiccuped. I know it will grow on me over time, I guess i'm just not used to hearing it. It isn't bad, in fact, it's rather unique and I understand that as a "rider system" it's supposed to be a mechanized voice. I guess I was expecting something more deeper or along the lines how Kabuto had their zecters chatter. Then again though if that were the case, it'd be Kabuto, I suppose.. :)
The thing about the IXA system is that it pronounces everything one syllable at a time-and we're talking Japanese syllables. Hence, "IXA Caliber Rise Up" is "I-ku-sa-ka-ri-ba-a-ra-i-zu-a-pu". Add in the fact that it's a very mechanical voice that's hard to understand in the first place, and that's why nobody can hardly understand it. So don't worry, you're not alone. As Take said recently, it's hard to tell what it's saying if you don't know in advance.

Return to “Kamen Rider Kiva”