Jyuohger 29 (Sentai 2000) released

Furry Force https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Dyqas6Sm8
Forum rules

Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger Wiki Link

< Ninninger | Jyuohger | KyuuRanger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:17 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
72%
☆☆☆☆
12%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
No votes
8%

Total votes: 25
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Jyuohger 29 (Sentai 2000) released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous ep
Wiki Article
Next Ep >

Last week's rating: 4.65 / 5 (37 votes {In a row?!})
Highest rank so far. Second highest was 4.62 for episode 3.

Alt Title - Yamato's transformation from peaceful zoologist to nuke dealer

Still pretty hype for the Gokaigers, but for some reason it wasn't as fun as I wanted it to be. Maybe it's because the Gokaigers made up so quickly with the Jyuohgers. Like it was fun seeing Luka and Sela smacking each other around.

The thing about being a clone/resurrected monster, is that even if you were a god in the series you're from, you're still just a mook to be killed off easily in the new series. So I know these guys will never speak, and we won't get to hear Enter's wonderful lines here, but it's still disappointing to see him and other head villains just act as fodder for Bang Rey. Also no Toqger or Ninninger villains?

JyuohWhale's design is so cool, but the fighting wasn't all that impressive. It's like Sela's problem, what's his special power going to be on the land? (Hey, Yamato's mastered land, sea, and air with his three forms.) But then he gets his moon destroying Gundam X weapon of mass destruction. And for some reason people are happy about it instead of going "You must never fire that gun again!" At least GokaiRed gets it.

Fun episodes, but needs even more Gokaigers and Gokai Change.
DaVinci030
Space Empire Zangyack
Space Empire Zangyack
Favorite series: 牙狼<GARO>
Alignment: Neutral Good
Instagram: DaVinci030

Re: Jyuohger 29 (Sentai 2000) released

Post by DaVinci030 »

takenoko wrote:Also no Toqger or Ninninger villains?
Zett is there as a Toqger villain and no Ninninger villain like Kibaoni Gengetsu.

Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I really dislike Misao now. Like, it's one thing to do your moping shtick when it's just for the lolz at their base or on errands or whatever but, when your team's in trouble? No, screw off, you're a terrible hero.
What if it wasn't the Gokaiger? What if they were fighting an actual serious opponent at the start of that episode there and Misao pulled that junk? Welp, I guess the team'd be dead and it'd be his fault, wouldn't it?
zeta_gundam
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
My boom: Drawing
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by zeta_gundam »

I liked the way they designed JyuohWhale's costume. Kinda cool that the whale insignia followed down the coattails. I also liked the bit where Marvelous goes like "Seriously?!" at the power of that Whale Gun. Seriously guys, Yamato blasted the freaking moon! Why are you all cheering for him?!

Now all we need is a full movie VS where it's Jyuoh VS Gokai. We don't really need a Jyuoh VS Ninnin, do we?

On another note, so the Gokaigers mentioned that they returned the Ranger Keys again? Don't tell me poor Gai spent all that time running around collecting the Ranger Keys just for one afternoon's use?!
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

It's alright, but for the love of Zod, Toei should have added more non-Red ranger Gokai Changes.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

I was expecting Yamato to do the dance when he lifted the whale thing up in the air to transform.

And I await Navi in 2036 for the 60th anniversary series.
PHurricane
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: W/Den-O
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger

Post by PHurricane »

Whether you find Misao’s antics amusing or annoying, I think kudos should be given to TheWorld’s suit actor for conveying his mopey moods. That bit at the start of episode where he slumps down the wall when he feels left out was so expressive.

Seeing AkaRanger up against Yamato, I’m guessing they gave him a whip-sword as a direct homage to AkaRanger’s whip. Very cool choreography with them against each other.

I didn’t mind Yamato coming out on top in the battle against Marvelous because Marvelous was most likely holding back and the audience knew he was trying to help Yamato in his own tsundere way. That’s probably also the reason I laughed when Marvelous shot Yamato when Yamato was coming over to help him up.

They never really explained why Gai and Misao were separate from everyone else, or why Misao was frantically patting his jacket pockets at the end when the Gokaigers were leaving. It felt like there was supposed to be more to their scenes.

There was so much good dialogue in this episode that really didn’t hesitate to pull any punches. You have the Gokaigers questioning why the Zyumans are so desperate to have something they didn’t know existed, Yamato calling out Marvelous for drawing Bang Rey away and pointing out that humans are animals as well as correctly observing that Marvelous wasn’t going to shoot him once they started talking, Marvelous getting irritated because Yamato didn’t explain Bang Rey’s powers until after he borrowed his memories, and the Gokaigers pointing out that they could potentially get rid of one of the factions attacking Earth by taking Bang Rey’s target with them and luring him off-planet.

Speaking of Whale - I really like the suit, and the way the coat gives the illusion of the whale fluke without being an actual tail. HOWEVER, that cannon attack was ridiculous. The poor moon…

Another criticism: Marvelous should not have memories of Deboth or Zett. And if they were bringing back major villains from the recent seasons, they kinda forget Ninninger. (Not that I blame them…)

Other points:
-Zyuohgers did their own poses this week during the special Animal Hide-and-Seek opening segment, and Navi guest-starred during the ending segment. Hope I’m still around by the time they hit 3000 episodes to see if Navi really does come back.
-Navi was also adorable with the way its wings flew up in surprise when the Zyumans’ tails popped out.
-This is the first team-wide example of “versus hair” I can think of in a long time. I can’t say I was fond of Gai’s new hairdo, but Luka’s actress looks gorgeous with the longer hair.
-Speaking of Luka, after her trademark “Shaddup, dumbass”, I briefly thought we were going to get an update version of the speech from Episode 1/Episode 50.
-I missed it the first two times I watched the episode, but Luka and Joe cringing in response to Leo’s loud voice was a great attention to detail.
...what the heck were Ahim and Don doing in the middle of the fight?
-Not sure it was entirely deliberate, but I liked that Marvelous kinda borrowed this series’ catchphrase at one point with the “Don’t underestimate me”.
-I like both characters, but you know it’s bad when Gai thinks you’re a pain.
Last edited by DaVinci030 on Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: GoRed to AkaRanger. Don't think it's GoGo V's red warrior.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

My god, Luka has become just one hell of a pretty lady. Gee I need to watch more stuff with her in it. Great Episode for that alone.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki

Post by Jehal »

takenoko wrote:(Hey, Yamato's mastered land, sea, and air with his three forms.)
So Yamato is GoseiKnight?
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
njb
Strongest Brave
Strongest Brave
Favorite series: Timeranger
2nd Favorite Series: Fourze

Post by njb »

This episode, sadly, fell flat. Still fun though, but ... I don't know ... something feels missing.

How on earth does Marvelous have memories of those other final bosses?? o_O

The mecha fight was cool though. :-)
Watching:
- SS Kiramei, Deka, Ninnin
- KR Saber
Finished:
- SS Time, Shinken to Toq, Jyuoh to Ryusoul
- KR Decade to Zero-One
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray

Post by xiiliea »

njb wrote:This episode, sadly, fell flat. Still fun though, but ... I don't know ... something feels missing.

How on earth does Marvelous have memories of those other final bosses?? o_O

The mecha fight was cool though. :-)
I can answer that.

After Gokaiger series concluded and after they defeated Zangyack, they returned to Earth to watch the battles for their own amusement. They've seen all the fights from Go-Busters to Toqger. But even Marvelous got bored of watching Ninninger, so the Gokaigers left midway and didn't watch them, and only returned when Jyuohger began.

That's why Bang Rey was able to summon Goseiger to Toqger villains but not from Ninninger.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

LOL
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Aeikozz wrote:My god, Luka has become just one hell of a pretty lady. Gee I need to watch more stuff with her in it. Great Episode for that alone.
She primary does voice acting as M.A.O and seems like she rarely does live action these days.
Rifaz
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Rifaz »

I had hoped for Gokaiger focus, but I guess that was just wishful thinking. And those male/female post-Gokaiger costumes are wasted to be only used in the credit.
"There was a ticking time bomb strapped to her chest... That's why she has a dynamite body!!" - Amakusa Shino
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

i was curious about how Marvelous knew of certain enemies, but ... id wager Gai keeps tabs on what goes on on earth and (tries) teaches them about the new heroes.

yeah what was misao looking for in his pockets? Gai and misao were likely alone because misao wondered off so gai stayed with his fellow silver(?)/6th member.

ok i can see explaining who nthe Super Sentai are to the Jyuman members, sure but honestly to Yamato and Misao? do they not have media AT ALL in Sentai world?

Marvelous said they wouldnt stay on a planet without any treasure, and when asked if he planned on giving the mark of the great king to them all along and he said "hell no", i took it more as he never wanted it to begin with but assisted them with their treasure hunt.

Jyuoh 40th Aniversary attack gave me chills. even if Gokaiger is a keep way to have all the team there without being there. QUESTION!~ if Joe used Shinken princess key and Luka used Shinken red key, would that be pointless? as there would be no difference?

on a final note: the award for appearing more times after your death "Villian" award goes to! ..... Dokoku Chibatsuri!

Return to “Doubutsu Sentai Jyuohger”