Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Re: Gaim Gaiden: KR Duke & KR Knuckle Released

Post by Fat D »

Nice to see Lemon Arms. I wonder though, why was the Genesis Core detachable to begin with if no prototype was ever shown being used without the Genesis driver?
As for the Zack special, the most noticable part to me was that Shura's hairstyle reminded me of Kengo Eritate from Kiva, while Zack's new haircut reminded me a little of Gentarou.
Why did Kaito kick Shura out of the team he did not even lead yet when Peko did the same stuff in the early episodes and got away with a scolding? It feels like Team Baron is full of double standards.
As for the scene in the end, it was shown in the Gaim endgame that Kaito's spirit somehow persisted as the guardian of the sacred tree or something like that. But mostly, I think Zack is just interacting with his memory and mental image of Kaito.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

Struggled to get sucked into either story, and never really did. For me, the Gaim series was a let-down, and it was followed by Drive, which I liked better, and Ghost, which I like way better. It's nice that they want to flesh out the Gaim universe, but they may be venturing into Den-O levels of repetition.
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
MVZ-800
7X
Favorite series: Dairanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Video games

Post by MVZ-800 »

Does this mean, now that the forum is in 'Completed', that the future Gaiden won't be subbed? Or at least not here?

I still kinda dug both eps, even though it feels disconnected to the universe already created, I like the idea of more happening during/before/after the events of Gaim itself. Fleshing out those characters just that little bit more is cool, and gives them a bit more reasoning to their motives.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

We don't know if there isn't going to be anymore Gaim in the future except in whatever crossover stuff that might have him in it in a brief second.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I think it's safe to say Gaim is complete since they're moving on to do Drive Saga. We should batch this up and move the forums.
Jehal
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Dekaranger
2nd Favorite Series: Ryuki
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by Jehal »

I finally got around to watching this. Duke's story was alright, it was interesting to see how he met the others and their initial reactions. I also enjoyed getting a look at how they work when they actually work together; something the main series kind of glanced over. It was even great to see the non-energy Lemon. I always wondered what the non-energy Cherry looked like, but I guess that'll be a mystery forever now.
Knuckle's story I enjoyed the most out of all of the Gaidens. Takatora and Ryouma relied on secret backstory stuff, and Kaito was just more Kaito. With Zack I feel we got something more that built off of what was already there, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Honestly, at times I wondered why they bothered making Zack a Rider in the main series with how little he was used, but this made the whole thing worth it. Even though it's with an obscure character, I feel this was a great way to leave off the series.
Completed Series

Rider: From Kuuga to Drive, and Ex-Aid to Zi-O
Next Up: Ghost

Sentai: Zyuranger, Kakuranger, From Dekaranger to ToQGer, and Kyuuranger to Ryusoulger
Next Up: Ninninger
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Finally got around to seeing this one. Duke part was kind of average.

Knuckle I enjoyed lots, probably my favourite out of the 4 Gaiden stories. If someone had told me that beforehand I would have laughed at them. Zack was always the least developed of the riders in the show but here he is a great character and fleshed out well.

Return to “Kamen Rider Gaim”