☆ Delete approved
No votes

Total votes: 45
Trecios
I am not a number. I am an individual!
I am not a number. I am an individual!

Re: Ratings Poll: Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger

Post by Trecios »

I guess one of the best sentai ever with the police theme. It kept on the theme all the series, and the problems there were solved in a perfect way. Fantastic sentai.
archer9234
Faiz
Favorite series: Hurricanger
2nd Favorite Series: Shinkenger
Dreamy: Hurricane Blue
Favorite Actor?: Patrick Stewert
Favorite Band: Project R
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Hulk Universe
Quote: "Don't get us angry. You REALLY don't want to see us angry!" - Hulk & She-Hulk

Post by archer9234 »

HowlingSnail wrote:I didn't hate Dekaranger, but it had plenty of things I disliked. The narrator constantly telling us things we already know, and the blatant alien racism. Apparently everyone on Earth knows aliens are around, but the aliens dress as humans for the humans' benefit. So to save a bit of money, Toei decided to promote alien racism. It's one of the areas where Disney's money really helped.
Disney money didn't help. That was the Exec producer scrapping barley leftover money from each ep. To make one new alien in SPD, every so often. He tried. Not the company as a whole.
mholden020
Gabu
Favorite series: Garo
Favorite Band: Avenged Sevenfold
Quote: "Never think that success is down to your own performance alone. If you start listening only to yourself you take the first step back towards the bottom. The flowers of victory belong in many vases."
-Michael Schumacher
Type: INFJ Counselor

Post by mholden020 »

When I saw the Dekaranger & Gavan movie announcement, I realized I must be missing out on a good series. Just finished the main series and was not disappointed! The stories were good, the characters were good, and it was just a solid, well-assembled series.

That narrator was overkill though. I believe he didn't explain the Judgement system once, in Episode 44. We also know about Jasmine being an ESPer, give it a rest. Also, no matter how many times he tried....Hoji cannot speak English. Every time I heard "parfuct" I cringed a bit. :?
Completed Series:
-Kamen Rider: Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, Fourze, OOO, Wizard, Gaim, Drive
-Sentai: Jetman, Dairanger, Deka --> Zyuohger
GaMa7
Favorite series: Keitai Sousakan 7
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Nexus
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Drawing Comics
Quote: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before".
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/gamaseven/?hl=it

Post by GaMa7 »

Definitely a 5/5, one of those series you could rewatch and rewatch. It's just so fun and entertaining! Loved the action characters and mecha. The latter aspect (even if Dekabike was the weaker in terms of look but expected as the powerup mech) is something that's really lacking in the most recent sentai series, while I liked the Go-Busters designs.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Deka is top tier for sure. The fact that pretty much every series in the 2000-2009 run were good on their own merits shows just how good Deka is to stand above the others.
Gallus Faberge
7X

Post by Gallus Faberge »

The second series for me, Abaranger was the first :D

I was surprised that i kept watching the show, we are very oversaturated with cop shows in my country.

I really really loved Tetsu, i still use his name in my usernames xD

I only wish they would have done more with MarieGold, she was such a waste in the movie.

Return to “Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger”