So Go-Busters Is Getting Adapted Into Power Rangers After All... [Beast Morphers]

Who ya gonna call?
Forum rules

Wiki Link

< AkibaRanger | Go-Busters | Kyouryuuger >
ViRGE
Save the life

So Go-Busters Is Getting Adapted Into Power Rangers After All... [Beast Morphers]

Post by ViRGE »

Out of all of the impossible things in the world, just about the most impossible of them is apparently happening.

https://twitter.com/PowerRangers/status ... 5110493185

Power Rangers: Beast Morphers

It will be extremely interesting to see how Saban adapts this. Go-Busters was practically a love letter to Power Rangers to begin with.
Last edited by ViRGE on Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: So Go-Busters Is Getting Adapted Into Power Rangers After All...

Post by Catastrophe »

It's interesting that Go-Bus is 6 years old at this point and they are deciding to adapt it. I wonder if this has something do with the switch of the toy licence from Bandai to Hasbro.

Especially since I remember reading stuff about how the Americans were involved in Kyuuranger in order to appeal to a Power Rangers adaption.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Catastrophe wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:40 pm It's interesting that Go-Bus is 6 years old at this point and they are deciding to adapt it. I wonder if this has something do with the switch of the toy licence from Bandai to Hasbro.

Especially since I remember reading stuff about how the Americans were involved in Kyuuranger in order to appeal to a Power Rangers adaption.
I just can't imagine any scenario where the two aren't related. Which makes the 1M JPY question "why?"
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

If it is related to the change to Hasbro, I wonder if they are going for a different focus with the toys. Even if Go-Busters didn't sell that well, the mecha are appealing for kids because they have several modes. Hasbro I think has more experience catering to the differences between Japan and Western countries from years of different transformers series.
DarkRanger99
Infinity
Favorite series: Power Rangers
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kiva
Favorite Actor?: David De Latour
Favorite Band: Tetra-Fang

Power Rangers Beast Morphers 2019

Post by DarkRanger99 »

Hey all. I looked and didn't see a thread about it so I figured I'd create a thread for us to discuss the next season of Power Rangers. What may surprise you is that it's going to be an adaptation of Go-Busters! With Hasbro taking over the toys next year, a new logo, and now this, it looks like big changes are coming for the franchise.

Source: http://news.tokunation.com/2018/02/17/p ... tion-50314

What do you guys think? Are you looking forward to the show? If not, at least this means new toys based on Go-Busters, right?
Last edited by Lunagel on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Look harder next time. Merged with thread already in progress.
20 Years and Counting!!!
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I wonder... if they try something screwy and attempt to adapt Go-Bust, Jyuoh, and Kyuu all at the same time. Since there is a lot of animal themed rangers there. I don't think there was enough toys with Go-Busters.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

The issue is that because of how Nick does the schedule, you effectively have an eight quarter toy span over 2 years rather than the normal 4 in 1, which is why Power Rangers had shit like those suits they only used in the cockpits and tonnes of repaints.

Hasbro will probably pad out the toyline with legacy releases. Maybe release remakes of older series robots or something.

Return to “Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters”