Stefan Karl Stefansson (Robbie Rotten, LazyTown) passed away due to bile duct cancer. He was 43.

There's never anything good on
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Stefan Karl Stefansson (Robbie Rotten, LazyTown) passed away due to bile duct cancer. He was 43.

Post by TypicalStandUser »

The Icelandic actor who made the internet jump with joy with "We Are Number One!" from the show's 103rd/penultimate episode has sadly passed.

He was diagnosed with bile duct cancer back in 2016. He and his wife got extra funds for his treatment via GoFundMe established by Mark Valenti, a writer for LazyTown. In March 2018, the cancer was declared inoperable. Back in April 2018, he posted one final message to fans that he discontinued chemotherapy and went off grid.

Before, and during the existence of LazyTown, Stefan has been a theater actor for more than a decade.

You are the number one, Stefan.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Stefan Karl Stefansson (Robbie Rotten, LazyTown) passed away due to bile duct cancer. He was 43.

Post by takenoko »

I never watched the TV show, but I've really enjoyed seeing his work after the fact on like tumblr and stuff. The guy seemed amazing.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Stefan Karl Stefansson (Robbie Rotten, LazyTown) passed away due to bile duct cancer. He was 43.

Post by Catastrophe »

Lazy Town was great. The fact that it had maximum meme potential from 2005 until now really says a lot about it.

Return to “TV”