Lupin VS Pat 37 Released!

Training up a future generation of criminals
Forum rules
LupinRanger VS PatRanger Wiki Link

< KyuuRanger | LupinRanger VS PatRanger | Ryusoulger >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:15 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
42%
☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆
25%
☆☆
8%
No votes

Total votes: 12
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Lupin VS Pat 37 Released!

Post by takenoko »

< Prev
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4.5 / 5 (10 votes)

Alt Title: Go phone

What a weird monster design. Did they have an extra skeleton around or something?

I forgot to post right away so I forgot most of my comments on the episode lol.

Please ship Kairi and Kei-chan.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Lupin VS Pat 37 Released!

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Cool, another Patranger-leading episode with drama on why Kairi can't have someone else close to his life because Keiichirou does remind him of his dead brother.

I think the thieves are losing their touch here because their Speech skills have only encouraged Keiichirou to get in touch with Kairi. Head in the game, you guys.

The collection piece of the week is the Saiblade from Gekiranger.

Zamigo's return better be worth it next week.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

This is one of my favourite episodes in recent memory, and it's entirely due to the character stuff going on. The action and mecha stuff was fairly low-key compared to usual, and VSK didn't really have to show up, but all of that was mostly dressing for the story.

I really can't remember the last time in Sentai that I was this invested or engaged when the characters were just talking out of their suits.

Next episode looks plenty exciting too, and so I've become confident in this final stretch all over again.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Not a top-tier episode, but an enjoyable episode once you get past the weirdness of the MOTW. However like some of the other bonding episodes, I can't help but feel this should have come a bit sooner. It seems awfully late in the series to only now be doing an episode like this.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Another pretty good character episode. It's nice to show that Touma is upset that Kairi doesn't think of Jurer as home. Despite the promise from the first episode, Blue and Yellow obviously think the 3 are friends.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

holy SHIT the character development this ep. and we see this is unresolved with the final scene.... this could have consequences in the final eps. /popcorn

and next week, FINALLY the plot advancement we're all waiting for!!!

hell yes!
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

I don't remember the last time Sentai has had an episode that is linked to so many previous episodes. I mean they couldn't show all the quick flashbacks, but I'm sure Tsusaka was thinking about her one on ones with Kairi when talking to Kei in the HQ. Then the fact the cops know the three moved from home after someone in their lives vanished.

Kei is trying really hard to be friends with them. They have been a part of their lives now for months. He doesn't know they are the phantom thieves he hates with a passion. I don't think you can make the assumption that he sort of knows with how different he acts in the VSX cockpit compared to in Jurer at the end of the episode. ((Even though there could be a few moments from the last twenty or so episodes that could've and should've clued him in.)) We finally had a discussion between him and Tooma, and you can tell he is trying to get to know them better. He hates that they are in a 'fight' and may not be friends. He remembers how hard Umika tried to get him to be with her friend. ((Possibly thinks the Umika in his dream snapping him out of it was another part of his mind telling him what's important or something... id and ego))

Kairi on the other hand is in a really rough situation. Kairi actually likes Kei. I think this stems from episode two from when Kairi heard Kei's speech. While they have been rivals, Kairi respects that Kei is a good person. However, Kairi is still being held down by a lot of guilt from blaming himself for what happened to his older brother, and Kei reminds him as his older brother. Kairi wants to be friends with Kei, but knows he can't because he is actually LupinRed (Sort of like how most current Batman comics has 'Bruce Wayne' as the alterego and Batman be his real persona). He said it to the fake version of his brother. The problem is, Kei hates LupinRed. Maybe Kairi is afraid if Kei finds out that he's LupinRed it would disappoint him as much as not being good at basketball disappointed his older brother in his eyes.

Not going to lie, I didn't expect this episode was going to be this character focused form the teaser. I'm getting the feeling that the cops are going to figure it out soon. Maybe Noel will decide to tell them. It's seems he has been trying very hard for his arc to get everyone together. Who knows.
SuperRider
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Whoa. Neo is an anagram of One. Whoa
Quote: Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.

Post by SuperRider »

It would be really awesome to have Another Patren 2gou released by #TV-Nihon :D
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

SuperRider wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:09 am It would be really awesome to have Another Patren 2gou released by #TV-Nihon :D
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=984
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

It's been translated, think it just needs typesetting? In the future though, maybe create a new post for that kind of stuff, since it really has nothing to do with the episode 37 discussion. Or just wait? It's not that we don't want to do it, it's just people are busy.
TorchWood
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Pirate Sentai GoKaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Special Operations Squadron Go-Busters
Alignment: Lawful Evil

Post by TorchWood »

No front page announcement?
Something happening on a show turns into a board comment.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

LvsP is definitely doing what I like Super Sentai shows to do: concentrate on the personalities of the team(s) and how the members change through the stress of fighting a serious enemy.

edit (1)

Here's an advance warning: I am going to take your heart shaped cookies:

https://twitter.com/hello_gif/status/924970271911460869
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

Post by FangTrigger »

Takenoko, there's still no front page announcement for this episode.

This series certainly has unique monsters. I'd never expected to see a skeleton crab hybrid with the ability to send you home.

Kairi not considering Jurer his home and his time with Kei-Chan really hit me in the feels...I know this isn't really the place for this, but when I was younger, my older brother died and for awhile, home just wasn't home, ya know? I like the chemistry of these two and I can't wait to see how this series wraps everything up. We're in the homestretch of the last arc, and I'm glad I stuck around for the ride. This series has really been an improvement over the past few Sentai's (though I need to finish ToQger-Kyuuranger)

Next Episode
Spoiler
So LupinX gets the Battlizer this time around?
Alright. Hope it's interesting.[
/spoiler]
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I guess that Lupin Red, like Shinkenger Red, is a inwardly tortured red. Shinkenger Red had to hide a secret until almost the end of the show and it looks like Lupin Red is hiding the fact that he thinks he is no good and he thinks he only wants to bring his brother back because he wants to push him down some more.
SVNBob
Go Go!

Post by SVNBob »

Minor format error in this one.

At around 15:44 (after the return from the "ad break"), the Ganglar's first line isn't formatted in his font; it's in the default font.

Return to “Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger VS Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger”