Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kami no Kiba Jinga 06 released

Post by takenoko »

< Prev Episode
Wiki Episode Page
Next Episode >

Alt title: It's an even episode, so it's a good one

Last episode rating: 4 out of 5 stars (8 votes)

At first, I was confused as to why there were two directors for this episode, but after seeing all the Jinga on Jinga stuff, I get it.

Jinga has this weird property where the episode goes by quickly, yet feels like not much happened.

The stuff with the robbers in animal costumes was weird. If he was a Horror, why didn't he eat his accomplice? Some of the MO of these Horrors seem so random. Then he's apologizing to the lady for eating the guard. So is the Horror separate from the guy or what? If any series should be answering this question, it should be this one.

So far, it still seems like Jinga is actually curing the Horrors that he doesn't devour. The inner fight is pretty good. We've got Amily back, sorta. Whether this is all Jinga's head or not is to be seen, but at least Jinga is aware that he's a danger to himself and those he cares about.

Fuusa, I know you spend literally all your time with Jinga. If he starts acting like a scary freak and someone gives you a chance to tell them, maybe you should let them know?

I'm surprised Rozan wasn't there to question Jinga when he returned. Did he just fuck off after questioning Fuusa? That doesn't make sense.

Better than last week, 4/5 stars. Wait, does that mean next week will be boring?

Edit: Sorry, more things came to mind
-Fuusa, aren't you the least bit curious about why Jinga has blood on his hands?
-Fuusa clearly sees Jinga smacking his lips after that Horror disappear. I get it's plot stupidity, but come on.
-Here's the big thing. In their line of work, people die all the time. It doesn't make sense for Fuusa and Touma to just go "Oh, Shijou disappeared. Lalala, guess that's the end of that." They'd launch an investigation and be like "Where did that guy go? Did a Horror eat him?" etc
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Kami no Kiba Jinga 06 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

There it is: Jekyll VS Hyde with the missus returning. I kinda wanted this type of fight in games like Prey 2017.

Rozan, you should've used your Makai CSI tool on the crime scene. That should drive the story.

Good episode. LOVED the fight.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

I can't help but smile everytime Jinga starts eating the scenery... like when he was just randomly elated near the crates of wine. The woman I presume was already pregnant since they were picking out baby names? Maybe she got pregnant shortly before the guy became a horror... maybe after, assuming that still works. We had a horror loyal to children earlier in the series so it's not too unusual that he wouldn't want to kill his lover/wife who's carrying his child.

They were obviously an analogue for Fuusa and Jinga too, since she's being stupid and not seeking help with Jinga's scary behaviour. Nice to see Amily actually turn up in the flesh too, when I noticed the moon was huge in the sky I was like "oh here we go...".
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Hmm, I dunno, the canonity of Jinga's Horrors is pretty weird. Like, I didn't even think we've seen Horrors hanging out with humans prior to the Kami no Kiba movie, did we? That reminds me of something...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Yeah. Horrors are typically remorseless eating machines. These ones that partner with humans are odd.

Don't really get what happened this episode. The fight was in his mind or was it some strange Makai spirit thing?
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by ryujin »

Man i love that flamboyant-cool-badass fighting style of the original Jinga, that was the thing that i think was missing the most in this series.

Rozan turning on Fuusa instead of asking Jinga himself, kinda weird move though.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

There it is... the good Jinga and the bad Jinga. Looks like the bad can take control of the body at any time. Not sure if Amily was just and illusion or is she is really bad/alive just like Jinga is. Only 6 or 7 episodes left lets hope they put out something as good as Zero Dragon Blood with the rest of the episodes. I will give this episode another 4/5 just because the story is moving forward at good pace.
Final Vent!
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Horrible thought: what if Fuusa is the reincarnation of Amily?

Return to “Kami no Kiba -JINGA-”