KR Zi-O 12 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:10 am

☆☆☆☆☆
9%
☆☆☆☆
45%
☆☆☆
36%
☆☆
No votes
9%

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Zi-O 12 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's Zi-O rating: 4.18 / 5 (11 votes)

Alt Title: Geiz's big contribution, bringing a thingy to Sougo

A little less good than the previous episode? I don't know if there's anything explicitly flawed with the episode, it just wasn't as interesting to me. Kouta just acts as a watch handoff after his brief interaction with the gang.

Kaito's speech didn't feel like it connected with what was happening, a disconnect which seems like a constant critique that I have of this series. Kaito tells Geiz to be strong and to stand on his own two feet and to believe in his convictions. What Geiz does is he jumps his bike into a dimension crack, then hands a Gaim watch to Sougo.

"I'm going to stop you Oma Zi-O!" Here, have some more power-ups. "I hate you so much!" Moves back home with Sougo. Ookay.

Also, the time travel stuff has been pretty dumb for a while now. What's the point of defeating the guy in 2013, because Kaito and the other dancers are still trapped in the other dimension for 5 years. The time travel rules are pretty weak. At least Den-O had some rules that established the world building. You're not even a quarter of the way through the series and you can't keep that shit consistent.
TypicalStandUser
Save the life
Favorite series: Amazons
2nd Favorite Series: GoBusters
Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: KR Zi-O 12 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Love the gags on this one. Impressive dual fights. I like the Gaim Armor’s finisher. Good that Geiz is able to overcome his hesitation.

A pity our Overlord has disappeared due to the screwed timeline. And of course, Kaito’s still a hardass.

So, Woz… Care to explain what was the falling-out between you and Geiz?? You seem to be able to play Wildcard if you wanted to, just so you can get rid of the Demon King’s potential rival/assassin.

Good Episode.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

takenoko wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:10 am
Also, the time travel stuff has been pretty dumb for a while now. What's the point of defeating the guy in 2013, because Kaito and the other dancers are still trapped in the other dimension for 5 years. The time travel rules are pretty weak. At least Den-O had some rules that established the world building. You're not even a quarter of the way through the series and you can't keep that shit consistent.
Spoiler
Producer Shirakura Shinichiro reply fan-comment in Twitter that any old Riders occur in this series are just coincident. Means Zi-O is parallel world and do not effect old Rider's timeline.
Or you can think the time travel in Zi-O look like Dragon Ball, create many parallel worlds.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That's not what I'm talking about. How is First Man Kouta erased, yet Kaito and his band of dancers are still trapped in Helheim, despite Another Gaim being defeated in 2013. It's breaking its own time travel causality rules. Same with Eiji and Hina walking out of Genm's castle, despite Another OOO being defeated in the past. It's just lazy fucking writing.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

HE'S BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!! DECADEO!!!!! xD
LiLAsN
Gao

Post by LiLAsN »

You have a point. I feel bad for them having to be trapped for 5 years.
As for the time travel, that is the Original Gaim in his 'god' form appearing for a split moment after the Another Rider's defeat and sending the future Zi-O back to the past before he disappears again due to the revival of another rider which meant that he will never become a 'god' to begin with and therefore no exist in the timeline as one.
Again, thanks to lazy writing, we have to assume Gaim has the power to transport people back to the future timeline prior to defeating the Another rider instead of the proper timeline where by right, the Another Gaim should not have existed. So convoluted. I chose not to think too deep.

But that next episode trailer though. Finally! My Decade! Super huge fan of him. He and along with Wizard has the cool aura making their fights also cool.

But why make him evil again though. That scene with the time jacker looks like he, unlike Geiz, seem to have accepted to work with them wholeheartedly. :(
Oh well. As long as I can see him transform, this will be awesome.

I wonder if the original announcer will reprise his voice over for the transformation sequence IF they decide to allow Decade to get some kind of new Ride cards for Zi-O's world. Just my guess. So far, all we can see is the usual ride changes like Ryuga. The appearance of Decade in one of the old movies where he uses
Spoiler
Ryuki's Advent
was so obviously voiced over by someone else and sounds cheap and not as awesome sounding and robotic like the original announcer.

I wonder how the armor time will be like for him.
Kamen Rider. (Wow!) Decade, decade. Deca-do....

So much questions... Can't wait to watch it next week!!
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Well a quarter of the way through the show now, this show is really disappointing. Amazon reviews for the first Blu-Ray set are all complaining about how under-utilised the Legend Riders are, and it's definitely true.

Episode 5 remains the best episode, because it's the most competently-written of the lot.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
jabsjab
Number 6
Number 6

Post by jabsjab »

Honestly. I am more looking forward to see the supplementary project instead of the main episode.

But the gag in this episode is a thumbs up.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

Will next week's episode be marked as "Ryuuga Continuity" since Jinga is guesting?

Edit 1:

I think I have figured it out. This isn't tokusatsu, this is an anime, specifically Naruto.

Sougo = Naruto (IQ of a carrot, wants to be the head of the ninjas, stupid catchphrase, able to make copies of himself.)
Tsukuyomi = Sakura
Geiz = Sasuke
Woz = Kakashi (Reads perverted manga as opposed to a book of the future, but that's kind of close, balances at high altitudes on narrow things.)

This episode had dozens and dozens of anime cliches, including the over the top sound effects and the close ups of Tsukuyomi and Woz scolding Sougo.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

resop2 wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:18 am Will next week's episode be marked as "Ryuuga Continuity" since Jinga is guesting?

Edit 1:

I think I have figured it out. This isn't tokusatsu, this is an anime, specifically Naruto.

Sougo = Naruto (IQ of a carrot, wants to be the head of the ninjas, stupid catchphrase, able to make copies of himself.)
Tsukuyomi = Sakura
Geiz = Sasuke
Woz = Kakashi (Reads perverted manga as opposed to a book of the future, but that's kind of close, balances at high altitudes on narrow things.)

This episode had dozens and dozens of anime cliches, including the over the top sound effects and the close ups of Tsukuyomi and Woz scolding Sougo.
LOL, the analogy to it is so similar I cannot stop laughing
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

This was fun and okay, which is the average Zi-O experience for me. Neither Kouta nor Kaito have too much of a presence, even when just comparing to Eiji's appearance in the previous arc. Also the final fight with Gaim Armor vs Another Gaim in two different times was surreal and I even think a little cool. It's just that the split fights we've had with Zi-O and Geiz were much cooler and I had to wonder why we weren't just doing that again. There are two riders for a reason!

Next episode looks both intriguing and exciting for many reasons! Makes sense because we're likely very close to the first quarter power-up.
ryujin
Gabu
Favorite series: MagiRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Zero
Dreamy: Matsuyama Mary
Favorite Actor?: Masahiro Inoue
Favorite Band: SCANDAL
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: PS4
Quote: R/B is just ORB without the O and Tiga is just Taiga without the A ... tabun :P

Post by ryujin »

I was expecting something cool with the whole time travel device with the two Sougo's from last episode and the only impression it did for me here was "Is this the tv ver. of Dumb and Dumber (Kamen Rider Ed.)?", even the "supposed" funny shenanigans of the 2 Sougo's was stupid, as if this show can't get any worse than it already is

It was also stated that the Present and Future Sougo should never interact because it may erase his existence, yet Dumb and Dumber here did so much of it like it was nothing, smiling and all, i can't say it enough, Sougo's a complete imbecile (both present and future)

What's more unbelievable is they made the effort to make Geiz look like he spent hours or days in the forest and he's all dirty and such and yet Kaito's still looking fresh, and for 5 freaking years i might add, i can even see the fresh sparkly glitter on Kaito's costume from behind lol!, WTF is this BS

Sano Gaku was barely even used, also if the Other Gaim was defeated in 2013 then the dancers shouldn't even be trapped in Helheim, yet we see them get out in 2018?!, it was unnecessary at that point, that includes beating both the Other Gaim's in both 2013 and 2018, why go through all that, beating the Other Gaim at 2013 would be enough, man this whole show reeks of stupidity, it's like the writers don't know what the hell is going on or understand how the most basic time travel plot device works

Now they're going back to Ghost?, Geiz already has the watch so i assume Takeru knows Geiz by now, cause if they don't then they better explain how Geiz already has the watch

I actually enjoyed Decade so much better than this garbage, hopefully the Rider who's passing through the next episode will make a few episodes a bit better, can't wait for this series to be over, it's just too dumb, specially Sougo
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Last week I noted that I was worried that this episode wouldn't be able to stick the landing. And unfortunately, I'm kind of right?

It's by no means a bad episode; it's certainly enjoyable enough. But last week was the first time the show felt like it was firing on all cylinders, and that's difficult to follow up on. This episode in turn definitely tried its best, but the climax wasn't as intense as the build-up. In particular it lacks anything comparable to the mysterious aspects of the previous episode.

In particular, I'm struggling with Geiz's arc here. It feels like it should be having more of an impact? Instead he left and came back, and I'm barely fazed. Maybe because he's such a closed-off character?

Meanwhile the split-screen fight was a really neat idea. I do feel like it went on for just a bit too long, but it definitely looked flashy.:D

Oh, and the cuckoo sound is terribly overused here. It's seriously annoying.

Typo @ 7:26 "Become a king who controls of everything"

11.5: It didn't really go anywhere or have any purposes, but it did end up being extremely meta :lol:
Spoiler
Episode 13! We're at that point in KR where stuff is going down! :o
Edit: Did the CSS get changed for the spoiler boxes? It's white text on a white background; I don't remember it being hard to read before
relax23456
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gobus,Gaim,Deka,Geki
2nd Favorite Series: W,MagiGokai,Blade
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Stay hungry, stay foolish

Post by relax23456 »

To be serious, I find the episodes this season thus far quite meh but I do find the .5 ones super hilarious.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The gags are the only real saving grace this episode. It falls pretty flat otherwise.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”