3%

Total votes: 30
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Ratings Poll: Kamen Rider Agito

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

So, assuming you've been following the releases, or have seen it on your own time, how do you find the show?

Personally.. while I still need to finish most of Showa, I do think it's one of the best Rider shows. Everything just works in it, from the casting to the music (Rider Chips when ROLLY was with them, ftw) and the expansive plotting just makes it nothing more than a 5 for me.

http://takkynoko.tumblr.com/tagged/Kamen-Rider-Agito
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Ratings Poll: Kamen Rider Agito

Post by Catastrophe »

I like it, but it really just is a J-Drama with a few minutes of fighting put into the end. However if the story telling is great, gives decent focus to all the central characters. It's definitely Inoue before he went maximum retard Inoue.

It also has the best and worst two episodes where Agito regains his memory and uses Trinity Form to beat the shit out of the all the Crow Unknowns, and then loose it after for no reason other than they where only halfway through the series. I love this because the fights are great but hate it because the writing is retarded.
AxemYellow
I'm a ghost... wooo~
I'm a ghost... wooo~
Favorite series: Gekiranger, Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Magiranger, OOO
Dreamy: Katou Yakumo
Favorite Actor?: Mizushima Hiro
Alignment: Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by AxemYellow »

I loved this series and it features some of my favourite supporting characters. That being said, the plot is kind of a mess. It deserves a 4.
wisdomcat
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by wisdomcat »

Its one of those early Heisei Riders that still had some sort of violence in it (gruesome deaths and such). The Unknowns were great villains for this series.
Philip Aldraine
Kamen Knight
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Quote: Koko kara wa ore no sutēji da!

Post by Philip Aldraine »

I give it a 5/5. I loved the characters, especially Ozawa and Hikawa. The story line was awesome. The Unknown were excellent.
Currently Watching: Ex-Aid, Kyuranger.

'Once you've seen the light, you can never go back to the darkness!'
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

So, this is the only Kamen Rider series that Inoue's good at writing a story until he messed up during the second half of Kamen Rider 555.
kyoichikiller90
Team Gaim
Team Gaim
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: KR Agito/Kabuto
Dreamy: Akiyama Nana
Favorite Actor?: Hongo Kanata
Favorite Band: Maroon 5
Alignment: Neutral Evil
My boom: ONORE DECADE
Quote: Ore wa hitori dake jubun da. Dare mou tomete nai, dare mou jama wa saseru nai. Sa... Omae-tachi kakatte koi yo.
Type: ESTP Promoter

Post by kyoichikiller90 »

:D 5/5 to me. It was a great show ever. I love the creepy Snake Lady & Crow Lady(Lords) Unknown design.(it gave me creep). Every single characters was nicely developed. I like how Shouichi evolved his character. From naïve to mature ( during trinity form episode where his memory gained). And it also show that every heroes does have their fear and weakness. But later evolved to rise. I like how badass Gills fighting. I like the battle damage suit on G3/G3-X. I like Ozawa character. And like the J-Drama and police CSI drama tone
Godai Yuusuke
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous

Post by Godai Yuusuke »

Great series for me, even though the plot is a mess (seems the writer decide to change it in midway though)
Spoiler
first, it is hinted that it is a continuation of Kuuga, and suddenly it become standalone series
. If not because of this (if they decided from start that it will be standalone series) will be solid 5, but 4 for me.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's more that it has throwback references to Kuuga as opposed to a full on continuation.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

Despite it being indicated like a sequel to Kuuga, the plot all play well and mostly independent of Kuuga's history, at least in my opinion. For me, it deserves a 5. It turns out quite well as a second Heisei Rider series as well as a standalone series, something that Ultraman Dyna also shared with. To be honest, the series was way better than what I expected and I am serious about that. Though, it's just a shame that we never get to see V1 system get completed to be shown on screen. Honestly, I was expecting some kind of rivalry between those two type of battle suit systems against the Unknowns but oh well. Even though our protagonist name is Sawaki Tetsuya, everyone keep calling him Shouichi and they believe the real Shouichi is Tetsuya. Kind of weird for that part.

Even though Kino Kaoru and Ashihara Ryou Rider form are incomplete version of Agito and lack of weapons, I still love the designs and their strength make up for what they lack. Oh, let's not exclude G3 systems too. It does improved quite a lot until becoming G3-X but I have to admit the upgraded armour is too bulky that it give disadvantages against Unknowns with high agility. Regardless, against the Darkness Lord and his highest subordinates, Makoto sure proved himself that he isn't weak as a normal human. This is something I was expecting, normal people with no special ability whatsoever can stand and fight on the same ground against opponents with unknown abilities and tricks.

By the second half, we all realised that the murdered victims are all passengers of Akatsuki-gou and they are all gifted to become AGITOs. Wow, that really blown my mind. Everyone becomes Agito and its variation. Still, it's kinda weird even though Ryou's and Kaoru's forms are respectively Gills and Another Agito, yet they jut call them Agito. Guess it is to avoid discrimination of races.

The ending was kind of weird, something that Hibiki followed. That aside, Burning and Shining Form are definitely becoming one of my favourites Final Form for Kamen RIders since I am a fan of warriors that can do dual-wielding, especially swords (Like Kirito in Sword Art Online).

Return to “Kamen Rider Agito”