Wiki Link
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: OOO
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider Sentai
Quote: Impossible is nothing.....Master everything!

My idea for a new Super Sentai Season

Post by FangTrigger »

I've been cradling this idea for awhile and I wanted to run it by you guys since pretty much all of us are here because we are tokusatsu fans.

As we know, Kyuuranger has (currently) 11 members all on the same team and more on the way (and I'm not spoiler tagging that because it's just part of the Super Sentai Formula), so I wanted to expand on that idea.

What if we have a Super Sentai Series with two different Sentai Teams? Like, we have the five 'good' sentai members, then five 'bad' sentai members, and then the generic bad guys?

Like, both Sentai's fight for their own ideals (one for Justice and all that jazz, the others personal gain or because the bad guys sign their paychecks,) but are also unknowingly being manipulated by the Crime Syndicate/Bad Guys to fight each other?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: My idea for a new Super Sentai Season

Post by takenoko »

That's not a bad idea. It certainly seems more promising than have 11 interchangeable catchphrases running around and being bland and pointless.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

You could have the teams motives less black an white. Like one is some kind of law enforcement agency and the other are vigilantes or some such.

They don't get their shit together until episode 33 and thats when all 10 robots combine together to form something that isn't a clusterfuck.
Revorse
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: W
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva/Blade
Quote: "For you, there is no finale."

Post by Revorse »

Catastrophe wrote:n all 10 robots combine together to form something that isn't a clusterfuck.
Is something like that even possible?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I'm sure with correct engineering it's possible. You'd have to have it so it's not just torso + 4 limbs for each of them, which wouldn't happen with current Bandai.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Remember when we thought G20 was a clusterfuck and Sentai couldn't possibly top it or get more ridiculous?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Resorting to robot backpacking on wheels 12 episodes in is not a good sign.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by FangTrigger »

Catastrophe wrote:You could have the teams motives less black an white. Like one is some kind of law enforcement agency and the other are vigilantes or some such.

They don't get their shit together until episode 33 and thats when all 10 robots combine together to form something that isn't a clusterfuck.
I took this post and ran with it. This is what I have so far:

- There are three different factions (Samurai/Police Sentai, Ninja/Ronin/Vigilante Sentai, and a Kaiju faction.

- Faction Members will change. Some may outright die, or just betray their team.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by FangTrigger »

Catastrophe wrote:Resorting to robot backpacking on wheels 12 episodes in is not a good sign.
Amen.

I'm thinking like a Zoids Fuzors style combination.
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Title: Cyberspace/Security Sentai [K0HAKU]

Post by FangTrigger »

Finally settled on a name for this.

Here's a rough synopsis:
It's the year 2053.
Humanity has stretched the planets resources thin with famine, overpopulation and war when a science experiment gone wrong breaks down the barrier between the physical and digital world. In this new era of technology, programers are reviered as God's and coding are their magic/miracles (with Bitcoin as the new currency) However, with this new age comes new dangers as well. Rogue hackers out to make a quick buck using malicious programs and Computer Viruses that have gained physical form resembling that of Kaiju and other mythical creatures, wreak havock on both planes of existence.
To combat this new threat, the world's top governments and cyber security companies merged to form (White Hat Samurai Sentai/Task Force) a group dedicated to preserving law, order, and net neutrality for all.

There will be three fractions:

-(White Hat Samurai Sentai)
-[K0HAKU] (Ninja/Rounin Grey Hat Sentai)
-Web Mafia (Bad Guys)

The Samurai will start off with 5 team members while [K0HAKU] starts off with 3.

Motifs will vary depending on the member (and whatever I feel works) and their programming skills.

Alliances WILL CHANGE as the series progresses, so a member that starts out on one team may switch sides or even get killed off, so be careful who you get attached to!

There's also an sub plot about programs having life/'souls'/free will which will cause problems for each side in some way shape or form.

That's all I can say for now (everything else would spoil a major plot point and we can't have that now can we?)

Let me know what your thoughts are.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

FangTrigger wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 4:02 pm What if we have a Super Sentai Series with two different Sentai Teams? Like, we have the five 'good' sentai members, then five 'bad' sentai members, and then the generic bad guys?

Like, both Sentai's fight for their own ideals (one for Justice and all that jazz, the others personal gain or because the bad guys sign their paychecks,) but are also unknowingly being manipulated by the Crime Syndicate/Bad Guys to fight each other?
OH MY GOD

Did you time-travel to the future or something?

My bad for noticing this only when Lupinranger VS Patranger is about to end
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
FangTrigger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by FangTrigger »

msf232 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:10 am
FangTrigger wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 4:02 pm What if we have a Super Sentai Series with two different Sentai Teams? Like, we have the five 'good' sentai members, then five 'bad' sentai members, and then the generic bad guys?

OH MY GOD

Did you time-travel to the future or something?

My bad for noticing this only when Lupinranger VS Patranger is about to end
Trust me, it caught me off guard too.

Return to “Japanese Culture Appreciation”