Dreamy: Kaho Shibuya
Favorite Actor?: Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Favorite Band: Owarikara
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Cooking food
Quote: Oh snap! Lemon Pepper Wet?!

Re: Super Sentai Saikyou Battle 04 released

Post by TypicalStandUser »

Bandora-sama, they've found you a successor... But all good things must come to an end.

RyusoulGreen/Black VS Gaisorg reminds me of W's debut from DCD: AllRider VS Daishocker.

A nice break from usual Sentai screenings. Thanks.
The haters all around this world can drink Childish Gambino's daycare while I, the insignificant nobody they branded as, continue to survive & thrive.
KRDangerousZombie
7X
Favorite series: Sentai:Go-Busters Kamen Rider:W
2nd Favorite Series: Sentai:Toqger
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by KRDangerousZombie »

I really quite enjoyed this series as a whole, but 90% of the little scenes with the new Green/Black could have been cut and nothing would be lost, just keep their VS movie appearance in and leave it at that. Other than that this was a really great nostalgia ride, enjoyed seeing all the cameos, all the old theme song nostalgia throughout, Kagura being an actual beast in the last 2 episodes, Luka being Luka (and the little hints of MarvelousxLuka being canon) and even Takaharu was at least bearable in this show. Having him basically disappear for a good chunk of it helped. I also enjoyed Kagura straight up calling him out on being a disgusting dumbass, short of her doing her super strength and kicking him in the dick, i was content with it. Kinda weird how his wish was back to the last ninja thing and nothing to do with his apparent wife & child he somehow managed to roofie into existence without telling his family? but that does seem pretty accurate for takaharu i guess.

I'd definitely watch the shit out of the DC version of this especially if they cut all the parts together with the extra scenes into one movie like Black Blood got, I hope there's some actual cool extra stuff rather than just a few seconds here & there of not much worthwhile like some other DC stuff. I'm hoping that some of the actors who actually came in to voice some lines or cameo get a little something extra there, maybe some more Gokai changes or footage of Luka being a badass?

This Wolzard x Geildon/Dogold villain seems pretty interesting, i guess the evil armour that takes over people is a trope of Dinosaur sentai now since 3/4 of them have it? (Is it also a thing in Zyuranger? i haven't seen it yet).

PS: Stinger clearly has a type doesn't he? Possibly redeemable villain girl with tragic backstory? he's all over her lol
Completed Series
Sentai
: Abaranger-Ryusoulger
Kamen Rider : Black to Zi-O
Garo : Every non-anime season.

Watching Series
Zero-One, Kiramager.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Bandora-sama, they've found you a successor...

Does she? I mean, her motivations seem kind of vague, and how did she get so powerful enough to take out the last guardian? I really wish we just had a "This is how she's tied to Bandora" moment.

>i guess the evil armour that takes over people is a trope of Dinosaur sentai now since 3/4 of them have it? (Is it also a thing in Zyuranger? i haven't seen it yet).

Gosh, there's so many fairy tale stuff in ZyuRanger that I wouldn't be surprised. I mean it's not an armor, but the evil sword does possess DragonRanger?

>PS: Stinger clearly has a type doesn't he? Possibly redeemable villain girl with tragic backstory? he's all over her lol

That Stinger, just trying to get that tail in whereever he can
Fat D
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Type: INTP Architect

Post by Fat D »

Watching the episodes back-to-back, it felt more like a movie than like a TV special.

I definitely like the direction Takaharu went into. Even his "fired up" catchphrase was not annoying anymore, and I have hated it since its first utterance on Ninninger. Probably because he is finally saying it energetically, that is why I found Lucky far less grating.

Also, great to see some Gokaigers again, and of course all the old theme songs brought back.
hiro9796
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: TOQger, Kamen Rider Zero One, Keisatsu Sentai PatRanger VS Kaitou Sentai LupinRanger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Agito, W, Zero One
Dreamy: Sinon (SAO), Megumin (Konosuba)
Favorite Actor?: Endo Aya, Shimono Hiro
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Ah le le!

Now, count up your sins!

By the power vested in us by the Global Police, we will deal with you by force!

There's only one person who can stop you, me!
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by hiro9796 »

So this 4 week special got Director Cut, huh? I'm not sure about Sentai but Kamen Riders do have based on what you guys subbed for the past years. As far as I know, Sentai don't really have that Director Cut characteristics published as much as Kamen Rider. Most Heisei Movies from the beginning till Fourze do have DC version for the movies. I don't remember if Wizard and Gaim had DC movie version but I'm pretty sure from Drive onward, there is none published.

Return to “Super Sentai Saikyou Battle”