Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 04

Post by takenoko »

Seems like a big theme for this episode was giving something the viewer only to take it away from us. Very Game of Thrones.

Kind of a medium to downer episode. Besides Gendry becoming a lord, there aren't a lot of great things happening for our heroes. A big theme is whether we and the characters in the show can trust Danny to make the right decisions.

It's just too bad because they were so united when coming together to face the greater threat. And now that threat is gone, things are starting to come undone again.

Hope the next episode is spectacular!

The live play-by-play:

Ah, fitting that Jon burns Lyanna's corpse.

Bye Jorah, I'm sorry you had to die for such a dumb reason.

Wonder what the conversation is like at the we're-still-alive dinner.

LOL Danny and Gendry. It's like a coin flip on whether she's generous or the mad queen. Ahahaha but the scene ends with Sam giving Danny the side eye.

Everyone leaves Pod alone, but that's okay, because Pod does as he does

Arya, what do you want? I know she loves Gendry.

What, I thought Arya knew about Jon's lineage. Then why did she tell him in episode 1 of this season to remember they're family? Dramatic irony?

Oh come on, Jon! You're making Bran tell them? This is why you fail at so many things.

Bron's always great

Yay both dragons are still alive

"Millions of people, many of whom will die if the wrong person sits on that throne."

Wait, take back what I said about the dragons being alive.

Got to love Tyrion being bold enough to walk into a wall full of archers.

Aw no, Missy...
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 04

Post by Catastrophe »

How did the Dragons/Danny not see the Greyjoy fleet from the sky. Why didn't she divebomb down so they couldn't lower the ballista to hit her and torch the boats from the back? What the fuck are the bolts made of that they can travel that far between ships and destroy the boats more effectively than cannonballs would?

Also, Danny is acting like an idiot. Varys tells her that none of the lords like Cersi and she want's to rush an attack on Cersi so she doesn't get any stronger? I don't know if they are setting her up to be mad like her father and older brother, but the writing of these characters keeps getting substantially worse as the series progresses.

Only thing I'm really looking forward to now is the Cleganebowl. They'll probably find a way to fuck that up as well.

Return to “TV”