Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 05

Post by takenoko »

"We know English, jackass."

Ah Jaimie, how the mighty have fallen. Even Tyrion broke into the city.

Ah Tyrion, you haven't been great recently, but this moment between you and Jaimie is great.

We need more advetnures of Arya and the Hound, buddy assassins. That's a real good look for the Hound with the hood.

"Our uniforms have skulls on them. Are we the baddies?"

Damn it Jaimie, you really are the stupidest Lannister. "How'd you fail the mission?" "There was a closed door."

Those giant crossbows are so slow, there's no way it could have killed the other dragon. At least Danny is using some strategy this time with the sun behind her.

Is that guy on the horse for the Lannister army supposed to be someone?

Those scorpions uh... seem pretty darn vulnerable if you're able to fly past the wall... Speaking of which, why doesn't danny just go to the red keep and roast that?

A frankenmountain is pretty handy

Arya, why the hell did you lead them out of the shelter? I guess y ou needed to do that to get them killed so you'll have motivation

Hmmmmmmm, Danny getting railroaded into becoming the mad queen felt very hamfisted and I don't like it :( I kind of called it though. They kill Jorah, then Missandei (which helps fuel Grey WOrm's bloodlust for revenge). Then Jon, Sansa, Tyrion, and Varys betray her. I don't like the idea of Danny becoming mad just because she has Tygarian blood, fate is a stupid story mechanic. But this didn't feel very natural either.

If the writing were better, I can see how turning the tables around and having the good guys be the monsters and Cersei and the people of the city are the victims would be an interesting setup.

How do I even react to this. Am I supposed to go "This was there all along. You could see the signs when she killed the Turleys (Sam's father and brother) and Varys"? Crucifying all the rich was a sign of this? But Danny is a complicated character, and sometimes she has to make hard decisions. Deciding to trash the city doesn't work because in the past she's always targetted those who were against her. It's just so obviously plot-motivated rather than character-motivated.

Danny, you want to kill Cersei. Just fly your big hulking dragon, past the useless barriers that are infinitely far away, and knock down the castle. That's all you need to do.

Sigh, one more episode left. How will this wrap up?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 05

Post by Catastrophe »

Poorly.

The series has been going down the toiled since the end of season 4, when they burnt most of the book material. I can't believe they fucked up the final season so bad that even the masses are realising it isn't any good.

I don't really care about the Dany thing to be honest. I'd buy the transition more if there was more foreshadowing. I'm more pissed about Jamie to be honest. What even is his character arc? He says he doesn't care about the people of Kings Landing, but that was the whole reason he became the King Slayer in the first place? Cersei pays Bronn to kill him, and he still goes back to her? What was even the point of that fight on the beach with Euron?

The only thing I actually enjoyed this episode was Sandor vs Gregor and how Sandor talks Arya out of throwing her life away.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, Jaimie could have stayed home with Brienne and it would have been great. I guess it's good that he killed Euron, but most of the stuff he does here is kind of pointless.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

My whole problem with this conflict is it could have been avoided. Arya could have mentioned that she has Faceless Man powers and infiltrated the Red Keep, systematically killing anyone of importance.

I know that the showrunners got the cliff notes from the book author, but these last two seasons feel lazy and rushed and it really shows. There isn't any real emotional payoff. I didn't care at all when the keep came down on the Lannister twins and I might have 3 seasons ago.

Return to “TV”