KR Zi-O 36 released

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:05 am

☆☆☆☆☆
11%
☆☆☆☆
17%
☆☆☆
28%
☆☆
11%
33%

Total votes: 18
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Re: KR Zi-O 36 released

Post by Dengar »

Even if it was because she "rebelled", she was already defeated. Her watch was already broken. The time jackers have never been shown to be this vindictive for no reason.
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

Ok, as someone who has enjoyed everything ZI-O since episode 7 I can safely say, you are all right, this episode can go die in a ditch for all I care. This sucked, massively! Let's hope we forget about it and never bring it up again.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Dengar wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 1:12 pm Even if it was because she "rebelled", she was already defeated. Her watch was already broken. The time jackers have never been shown to be this vindictive for no reason.
But, as best as I can recall, they've never before had such a disobedient Another Rider. The ARs tend to almost be zombies.

To be honest, it's one of the points I liked about the episode. There were consequences from the Time Jackers for Another Kiva because she didn't do their bidding. (And it's rare as of late that Ora gets to do anything interesting)
Last edited by ViRGE on Thu May 23, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
marthaba
Salami Commander
Favorite series: kamen rider
Dreamy: wakana, yuriko, yumi
Favorite Band: High&MightyColor
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: 400cc yamaha virago

Post by marthaba »

i'm not satisfied in this episode... i have a moment of "that's it?" and also ooooooh on that preview on next episode i hope dont leave holes like in this kiva episodes

i didnt know that takahashi yu is a half filipino XD
HUH?!?
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Lunagel wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:39 am The only good thing about this episode is that it was so bad it made me forget the mediocrity of the GoT finale.

What an absolute travesty of a storyline
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!! I agree with this episode being very subpar in comparison to the last couple ones. Now we're FINALLY getting to Kabuto (one of my personal favorite seasons) with Tsukasa coming back again (ONORE DECADE!!!) along with Gatack AND the Hell Brothers!!! MY HYPE IS REALLY REALLY REAL!!! On a side note, I'm still undecided on if I like Ryusoulger or not, I can't decide if the strangeness of makes up for all the shit it takes from Kyoryuger or not OTL.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i doubts it's going to happen but i hope this causes him to become the evil warlord.
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

All that and not even gonna show an actual Rider Armor for the Kiva Watch, seriously? I get they wanted to cram in Woz Finally, but that was just the pits. Kiva was my favorite next to Kabuto and just ahead of Gaim, how do they manage to keep setting things up to be interesting but fall through every time? If they blow it on Kabuto, I don't think they'll be able to salvage anything from all this to any extent. And again, they bring back legacy actor roles and do nothing sensible with them. After Agito and Hibiki I was almost hopeful for a minute there, but I guess that's over.

Woz Finally isn't bad at least, but man does it feel like a fart lost in a windstorm. None of this feels significant at all, they're literally running a check-list by this point and it shows.
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

This was such an underwhelming episode. It didn't even pick off from the cliffhanger in the previous episode. Just began with the characters somewhere else retreating discussing about Ginga. And yeah, Inoue's writing tropes were in full force here. How is this guy still getting writing jobs? Because of his credentials? He reminds me of Vince Russo and his wrestling tropes. The episode turned tragic and now I feel like Sougo likes older women. I dont understand the fuss about the manhole thing either. I enjoyed the Yuri cameo at the end though but too bad that doesn't have to do with the first 22 minutes we watched. Seeing Yuri again onscreen reminded me that Kiva had beautiful women on their show. Miss seeing them. I am very excited for the next two episodes with the Kabuto stuff though. About time!
Kamen Rider Gumo
Faiz
Favorite series: Zyuranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Kabuto
Dreamy: Reiko Chiba
Favorite Actor?: Takaiwa Seiji
Favorite Band: Twisted Sister
My boom: DragonBall Z
Quote: "Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence..."
Type: ENTJ Fieldmarshal

Post by Kamen Rider Gumo »

First episode I can outright say I hated. Initial setup in Episode 35 was good, as others have said, but it's like there was a complete disregard of everything decent about it in favor of shenanigans for the sake of shenanigans. Ginga looks ridiculous and his placement as a random power-up for Woz was just awful. Should have given it its own two-parter and fleshed it out a bit more so we would actually care, rather than shoehorning it into an episode that could have used that time to properly deal with its own story which was in bad need of some TLC.
darkmage02
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider 555
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Ryuki
Dreamy: Miu from Fourze
Favorite Band: The GazettE
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
My boom: DIGIMON!
Quote: I devour your dreams as I watch you despair.

Post by darkmage02 »

Zi-O can't seem to really escape from bad writings. After some really good ones in a row (the Blade & Agito arcs) we're back to this shabby, poorly written & executed mess. It's hard to emphatise with Sougo when his affection for Yuuko seems baseless, MOTW's motive and development are choppy and inconsistent, Ginga is random and serves no real story purpose other than to give Woz an upgrade and the ridiculous degrading of women. There are bad Zi-O episodes, then there's this. What a shame that Kiva is among my favourite Heisei riders and his tribute episode turns up to be absolute garbage.

Giving it 2 stars because Ginga's fighting style is actually pretty cool & the use of Kiva's violin music.
Complete. Start Up. 3. 2. 1. Time Out. Reformation.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”