Trains and masked devils!
Forum rules
Wiki Link

< Kabuto | Den-O | The Next >
Skiks
Faiz

Re: Chou Den-O Trilogy 1: Episode Red released

Post by Skiks »

m4rc0 wrote: The "romance" was lame, the "plot" was lame and there wasn't alot of what makes Den-O great: the imagin.
If you think the romance is lame then you obviously just don't like romantic stories in general.
crazybus
Favorite series: Ryuki/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto/Dekaranger
Favorite Band: Cradle of Filth
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: "Obaa-chan said this, 'Make the world revolve around you. It's more fun to think that way.'"

Post by crazybus »

I was indifferent about Den-O. It was way too comedic for me and the saving grace was Yuuto. I really enjoyed the Trilogy, because it added more drama. Red was my favorite as it finally seems like they realized they told the wrong story in the series and made the first 2 Chou Den-O movies focus on Yuuto.
crazybus
Favorite series: Ryuki/Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto/Dekaranger
Favorite Band: Cradle of Filth
Quote: "Obaa-chan said this, 'Make the world revolve around you. It's more fun to think that way.'"

Post by crazybus »

Battra wrote:I really liked that Airi still has feelings for Sakurai but is developing feelings for Yuuto, which must be equally hard on her since she's caring around an unborn Hana which I believe was fathered by Sakurai.
I finally remembered why I wanted to post in the first place. I think that (the original) Sakurai isn't the father of Hana. I think he was meant to be "forgotten" so Yuuto could fill that missing part of her life. If it's 2 years later and she hasn't had the baby, then it can't be Sakurai's. With the ending, it seems like she's going to fall in love with Yuuto and he'll be hana's father (so confusing since they're the same person haha).

Also, it seems like his ability to transform can be reconciled if you just assume he eventually found out how to get new ones (he'd have to anyway to give them to his past self), yet they no longer make people forget, as the original Sakurai has already disappeared (and isn't entirely forgotten, which may not have been intended in the first place).

When you deal with time travel, it's easier to assume that any changes were meant to happen and therefore aren't actually changes.
Bauffie
Save the life
Dreamy: Nakatsu Shuichi
Favorite Actor?: Matsuyama Kenichi
Favorite Band: Gazette
My boom: Hayami's trendy hat

Post by Bauffie »

Whoa. Like, whoa. I'm sorry if I'm just reviving some old thread, but I've only just seen this movie and I've been drooling like crazy. School, curses! I've always been such a huge fan of YuutoAiri and I have no words to describe how happy I am to see so many Yuuto-centric movies thus far.

For a movie that is only an hour long, I think the writers did a good job including most notable elements from the series like the imagins' quirks, Owner and the Station Master, Airi's fanboys, Yuuto vs Deneb wrestling... The main thing that really bothered me was Ryoutarou's actor. I really couldn't feel anything from him and his portrayal of the possessed-ness was only saved by the voice actors. He had a blank face most of the time and never showed much emotions. Even though he decided to not meddle with the relationship between Yuuto and Airi to let things go on their natural course, I'm thinking he'd still be able to show some some expression of concern and understanding? ..Or anything. All along, he really felt like a blank wall who can say meaningful words to me.

Also, Nakai Kazuya as the main imagin made it for me as well. =v=// I love him like no tomorrow.

I really liked the line "So his rival is himself?" It just means so much. The bike scene at the end was necessary long because it tells so much more than words can. It showed hesitance and so much of Airi's love and acceptance.

"How am I not bound by the future? I feel really bound to it." ;v; Before, Yuuto was really a big tsundere who had to protect and slowly learn to like the person his future self loved. Now, it seems he is certain of what he wants and can assume his own wishes.
Zazelle
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider W
Dreamy: Shiraishi Mako
Favorite Actor?: Shirota Yu
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Zazelle »

After seeing this movie, I REALLY want another one where Sakurai and Airi are finally together and that Hana's time is finally restored because of it!
yami0204
Gao
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Kiva
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Kurenai Wataru
Favorite Actor?: Seto Koji
Favorite Band: EXO
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Kim "Xiumin" Minseok

Post by yami0204 »

I really, really love this movie. I rarely like any of the Den-O movies, or any Kamen Rider movies in general, but this specific one is just stunning. My main beef is with the Denliner kids and the Imagin story line, which after many times watching this movie I've learned to just skip over those parts to get to the good stuff. The good stuff being the powerful story of Yuuto and Airi's relationship. This movie highlights the extent of not just their acting abilities, but also how well they understood each other and their characters. Those long moments of silence spoke louder and more clearly than any dialogue ever could. Subtle glances and gestures were enough to convey everything between them. It all worked well to show just how awkward and uneasy heartache can be, mimicking reality even with the fantastical element of time travel.

I think I'll always love this movie, just because of those moments between Airi and Yuuto. The movie simultaneously wrapped up their relationship while still leaving it open to the audience's imagination as to its continuation and conclusion. It was the best way to end that chapter in Den-O, and I'm glad that it was one of the final things Nakamura Yuichi worked on before his injury and departure. I wish him all the best in his future endeavors and hope that he's happy doing whatever it is he's doing now. He left us with so many great works to remember him with. Thank you, Channaka, for being a hero to so many, and we will all miss you.
hamn8rjr
Infinity

Post by hamn8rjr »

I can't seem to download this one.
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

hamn8rjr wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:03 pm I can't seem to download this one.
Which one because there's multiple versions.
hamn8rjr
Infinity

Post by hamn8rjr »

Phoenix512 wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:06 am
hamn8rjr wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:03 pm I can't seem to download this one.
Which one because there's multiple versions.
all of them. I've tried every version but none works. this is like the DC version of the Go-Buster's two-parter that gave us Silver and Gold

Return to “Kamen Rider Den-O”