The original series!
Forum rules
Wiki Link
pokeant
Number 6
Number 6

yugioh duel monster

Post by pokeant »

can you guys sub yugioh duel monster (the one with the us release)? i prefer the original version than the english version, but can't seem to find a sub to it...
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: yugioh duel monster

Post by takenoko »

Aren't there sub DVDs?
shadowneko003
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Abaranger
Favorite Band: Cascada
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Post by shadowneko003 »

takenoko wrote:Aren't there sub DVDs?
Only to the second volume I think. Everything else is dubbed.
LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
DARK MASTER
Gao

Post by DARK MASTER »

Only the first 9 episodes were released on Uncut DVDs with bad subtitles aka dubtitles.

The DVDs were only 3(3 volumes, single dvds) with 3 eps on each.
Ive seen only the cover of the 4th with the eps up to ep 12.
The DVD was never released. It was supposed to come out some where in 2005 or 2006 and never did.
The Uncut DVDs were officially stopped. There was somewhere around a stupid explanation why from the dubbing company.
Yami no Yūgi's DARK MIGHT
brian_11dragon
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by brian_11dragon »

Link removed because the DVDs are bootlegs
Here's a link to where you can buy the Japanese dvd's for the duel monsters series with english and chinese subtitles. There are a total of 9 volumes for the japanese series. I recieved the first 4 volumes from them a couple of weeks ago and it took 5 days total after I paid them for the dvd's to get to me and they were perfect. The first volume's subing was written in proper english at first but it got better as it went along and the rest of the volumes had more proper english with few errors. I literaly just got through buying the last 5 volumes from them today.
pokeant
Number 6
Number 6

Post by pokeant »

somehow the official sub are of low quality...
brian_11dragon
Complacent masses
Complacent masses

Post by brian_11dragon »

the actual sub yes, but the footage is the main reason I have it. Crystal clear picture and everything that 4-kids took out. I'm going to be learning japanese in my next two quarters at my college so it doesn't really matter if there good subs to me or not.

oh and by the way to the person who took off the link and declared those dvd's to be bootlegs you should have tooken a closser look because they aren't bootlegs their the origonal japanese dvd box sets imported from Japan. Japanese imports aren't bootleg products. Those products shown there were the official dvd product imported from Japane. That store is an import store which says it under they're title you would have known that if you would have actually looked around the store, they only sell Authentic Japanese and English products. They don't do bootleg dvd's on that site. You can find the exact same product on several other official import stores with those same images on them which are the cover shoots for the japanese box sets. *sorry if that sounds a little rude. It's sometimes hard for me to get a point across online with out it comming out a little rude. I just meant to correct that error some one made there.*
shadowneko003
Rank Gone due to timeline changes
Favorite series: Abaranger
Favorite Band: Cascada
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Her boyfriend's a pilot

Post by shadowneko003 »

Japanese DVDs DON't have English at ALL, heck, the ones I've seen don't even have Japanese subs. Plus, they're helluva expensive to buy. There's only 4 box sets for YGO, which in total contains 125-224. Episodes 1-124 are on all DVDs Turn 1- 31 with 4 per DVD. *all according to CD Japan* Nothing is cheap in Japan. The total cost for the official YGO DVDs should be around $2,000. *calculation taken from CD Japan*

So, unless you are satisfied with bootlegs, then you're ok. But otherwise, you ripped off with Hong Kong bootlegs.
LJ Blogger
Do not PM me about DDL links. Please report them here in the correct forum

YES, we know our DDL links are dead! READ THIS.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

They were region free and had English and Chinese subs. These are the first signs that what you're buying is a bootleg product.

The Japanese DVDs are Japanese, usually come 4 episode per disc, and usually are fairly pricey
Example

Oh, and I should have read Neko's post, since she pretty much said everything I wanted to say
DARK MASTER
Gao

Post by DARK MASTER »

Simply put, THERE ARE NONE OFFICIAL JAPANESE DVDs for Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters with any subs.
Also the official DVDs have specials like the clear/titless (no Japanese credits and text) opening and ending clips. Which any other versions even the official English dub, cut and uncut DVDs don't have.

Also I've seen screen shots directly taken from the official DVDs. And im pretty sure their quality(Video and Audio) is much better than the HK DVDs(well thats a given).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Most HK DVDs are created using encodes from TV recordings. They also reduce the quality so that they can fit more episodes onto a disc. So this isn't surprising that the quality is less.
DARK MASTER
Gao

Post by DARK MASTER »

I still don't get it how they are able to remove the channel's logo from the video.
I have some TV rips of DM eps that have their channel logo and some HK DVD rips that don't of the same eps. And the quality of the HKs is better most of the time than the TV rip(but it depends if the HK rip).
Well only for DM eps. But thats probably of the old tech that was used back then to make these TV rip avis.
But i don't know enough for more assumptions.

The thing is i want to find a way to distinguish HK DVD rips from DVD rips from the official DVDs. Not to make mistakes when making quality comparisons(with screen shots and such).
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm locking this thread since it's degenerated into a discussion about talking about raws and HK DVDs, two things looked down upon at TN. I think it's safe to say that we would never have the time to do all of the Duel Monster series

Return to “Yu-Gi-Oh”