Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

P Garo Saejima Kouga 1-3 released

Post by takenoko »

Wiki

Pretty cool. I'm a bit confused as to when this was filmed though. Was this a recent thing to bridge the Makai no Hana and Gekkou no Tabibito movie or was this filmed a while ago? Because Kouga, Rei, and Kaoru look kind of young in this. I was also surprised because I thought this was a preview based on the length, but it seems like this is the whole thing.

Love the choreography though, but there's a kind of fan filmish quality to it? It's like watching a video game fight. I think the form Kouga uses is from the Pachinko games, I don't think I've seen it before.

Anyway, it's a cool appetizer for the new movie. It's a hearty reminder of why I love the Garo series so much. Even their side stuff doesn't feel like it's meant to be throwaway nonsense the way sometimes Toei does things. Cool to see the bear character from Souryuu again. Could have gone without the filler middle episode, but still amazed by the effort that went into this.
The M
Infinity
Favorite series: Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim
Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Re: P Garo Saejima Kouga 1-3 released

Post by The M »

Whats this about ? I didn´t even know it was in production
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Post by Xirix »

This was a cute little thing, I can't help thinking there's some continuity issues though, may just be because time travel is a thing now.

If I recall, when Kouga's kid got the Garo armour passed to him, he actually had a conversation with him and seemed to have not found Kaoru yet. And here they see an alternate timeline version where he didn't get the armour and died because he didn't have it.

I hope they don't fall too far into the "it's time travel we don't need to explain it" catagory, nice to see the OG cast regardless though.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The end of Maki no Hana had a whole bunch of GARO appear at the same time, so they can probably hand wave it that way.
Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Post by Aberration »

It's nice to finally get the full-fledged prequel to "Makai no Hana" that we've always wanted to see, but... the execution kinda sucks. It definitely looks and feels like someone pasted together all the FMV segments of a video game and threw that on YouTube. I wish they could've fleshed it out into a full 45 minutes, and that would've been a nice lead-in into the movie.

Thoughts:
  • Always like seeing Kouga, Kaoru, and Rei
  • I like seeing the standard issue armor from "Makai Senki" make an appearance again. They should just build a couple of those suits that they can use whenever other knights guest star
  • What was with the little Makai Dragon at the end of Kouga/Rei's fight? Was that supposed to be Kaoru 2? I don't remember what happened to it.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Well, to be fair, it was originally intended to be a background video for pachinko game machines. It's gotta be short and sweet. I'm just happy they even released it online.
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

I liked this, for what it was. It's good to see the "Garo Golden Couple" again. It does seem to slightly contradict what we've seen of this story before but, eh, I'll roll with it. When Kouga turns into a giant Garo head, how can you be disappointed?

A little thing: I don't know if it's just me but the video seems a little... less than smooth a lot of the time. I'm assuming that's just an artistic choice they took with the filming, rather than a problem with the actual encodes. Can I just confirm it's supposed to be like that?
Aberration
7X
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Den-O
Dreamy: Naomi
Favorite Band: Crowded House

Post by Aberration »

The links to the original YouTube videos are on the wiki. They have the same herky-jerky framerate, it's not just you.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

If Luna's right, then it's as I suspected. The video footage was shot a while ago for Pachinko machines (like the ones that always show in Garo cm's). And they're just now releasing it on Youtube. It was never meant to be high quality
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

Good to know. Thanks for confirming, guys! :)

Return to “Garo Movies”