Donation Drive Time Again?

If your problem doesn't fall within the three sub-categories, please use the Feedback Forum above
ViRGE
Save the life

Donation Drive Time Again?

Post by ViRGE »

I see the Donate button is up on the front page. Is this the yearly donation drive? And if so, what's the goal this year?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Donation Drive Time Again?

Post by takenoko »

It's kind of split this year. Usually we have the donation drive to cover our server costs.

This year, I had the brilliant thought to try to cover stuff like the material cost for buying Blu-rays, paying for the Toei Channel fee, running a seedbox, etc. So that's what this drive is for. I'm still talking with other staff to figure out what other stuff needs coverage. But yeah, after 17 years, TV-Nihon finally has a budget?

Let me check back with our tech guy. Ideally it'd be good to have one donation drive to cover all our expenses. But there might be a secondary drive later to cover server costs?

If it sounds like I'm pretty bad at this stuff, it's probably because I am lol.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:42 pm But there might be a secondary drive later to cover server costs?
FWIW, I'm cool with however many drives are needed. It was more curiosity about why the donation button was up, and what the plan was. So I'll keep an eye out for the eventual front page post. (we have to beat last year's record time!)
If it sounds like I'm pretty bad at this stuff, it's probably because I am lol.
Fundraising is legitimately hard. There are people whose entire jobs are dedicated to the task.
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

donated 7/mo

Return to “Tech Support”