Kyuu High School Wars 05 released

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:19 am

☆☆☆☆☆
75%
☆☆☆☆
25%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 4
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kyuu High School Wars 05 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous Period
Wiki
Next: Episode of Stinger

4th period rating: 3 / 5 (5 votes)

Huh, I've never seen one vote per choice before.

So Luna, the maniac, bought the DVD for High School Wars and apparently there's a 5th episode! It's from a DVD source so no HD version, but I think you should check it out.

I'm sure a lot of you are thinking. "KyuuRangers in fucking 2019?! The last time you worked on a high school wars episode was October 2017!" But this is a pretty good episode because it does a tribute and an acknowledgement for the suit actors, which I'm always up for.

It's just 5 minutes long. C'mon!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kyuu High School Wars 05 released

Post by Lunagel »

The DVD was a TTFC exclusive so we would've had to subscribe (980 yen) and then buy the DVD (2500 yen) and I was like "lol not for an extra 5 minutes of content" but the joke's on me cause it was going for like 6000-8000 yen on various auction sites. I've been keeping my eye out for it for the past 2 years and it recently popped up for a decent price (2000 yen) so enjoy one last dose of Lucky.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Lunagel wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:40 am The DVD was a TTFC exclusive so we would've had to subscribe (980 yen) and then buy the DVD (2500 yen) and I was like "lol not for an extra 5 minutes of content" but the joke's on me cause it was going for like 6000-8000 yen on various auction sites. I've been keeping my eye out for it for the past 2 years and it recently popped up for a decent price (2000 yen) so enjoy one last dose of Lucky.
I used to look for it, and gave up and forgot about it. It's still not as crazy as the 10,000 yen copies of Kyoryuger 33.5 that sometimes turn up on Mandarake. That disk has literally nothing except the episode that's available for free on Youtube.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Wow, some actually focus on Kotarou. The kid's got some moves.:o
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

Anyone know what the actual release date of the DVD was? Turns out Rangerwiki and IMDB didn't have a page for this episode, so I wanna make one, but it's hard to find that info.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Since it wasn't for retail sale, there wasn't one. It shipped late January 2018, that's as specific as you're going to get
Gekko
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gekko »

For such a 5-minute short, I actually liked it.

It did require me to check on the TV-Nihon wiki a few times to get the reference, though, especially on the part when Instructor Kusano was eating and why Instructor Shimozono was wearing a ninja outfit.

BTW while I sad that Shimozono looks...pretty, my brother pointed out that she looks like a certain Filipino actress here (Mystica). XD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, I had to check a few times myself. But I think it's cool that these guys who are always there, and not really given as much credit as they deserve, get a chance to show their faces. Suit actors banzai!

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”