Ryusoulger 26 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:27 pm

★★★★★
8%
★★★★
58%
★★★
8%
★★
25%
No votes

Total votes: 12
ViRGE
Save the life

Re: Ryusoulger 26 released

Post by ViRGE »

Lunagel wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:50 am
ViRGE wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:23 am The show still needs to do some general world-building though. As nice as the character backgrounds are, I still don't know what it is the show is building to; what is the win condition for the heroes?
I guess get rid of Creon? Cause he's the one who's got the nasty Minusaur goop and without him the other commanders don't seem like they can actually make Minusaurs.
It's the obvious answer. But then we have the whole chess motif going on with the bad guys, so somewhere there's a king and queen. But they don't seem to have any kind of organized hierarchy, other than bossing Creon around.
1) If Set is just the dad's weird Yami Yugi thing, then what was that whole scene teasing him at the end of like episode 2 with black and green? So they met him before but didn't mention it? Why? It's seriously so confusing.

2) Is the Elder just never coming back? Like he's gonna fuck off and do kebabs for the rest of the show?
Right now both of those feel like aborted plots. In particular, the Elder seems like he was setup to be a recurring character, and then that never happened. Between things like that and the lack of mecha fights, part of me wonders if there's some kind of chaos going on behind the scenes.
Mxylv
The Eyes in the Skies
The Eyes in the Skies
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Gaim
Favorite Actor?: Daisuke Terai
Favorite Band: GaGaalinG
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: Where wisdom and valor fail, all that remains is faith. And it can overcome all.

Post by Mxylv »

Gosh, this was so much better than the last few episodes have been. I'm gonna start with the episode's main problem to get it out of the way:

As others have noted, the show really needs to show things like Koh's coldheartedness earlier instead of explaining it only when they need to. Koh's anger issues were explored a bit with his early revenge complex against Tankjou, but he's usually pretty cheery; having Koh instead have to deal with kinda jerkish tendencies could've been a really neat move for the story altogether (interestingly, I believe this is the third time in the series that I've wished it would spread its plot points and/or character development across more episodes). On the other hand, the Asuna flashback really worked for me as a reveal for this episode; it seems like the right time to drop a larger character element like that one.

Despite that issue, there are a lot of really great moments that really enhance the episode. Use of subtle bits of worldbuilding like recalling "No using KakureSoul!" in hide-and-seek; the latest Ryuusoulger's introduction of casually cheering someone up and walking away without ulterior motives (*cough* unlike Canalo *cough*); Koh needing a realistic processing period after losing control and harming his teammates. There's so much here to appreciate, especially in contrast to how hollow the last few episodes felt for me. It's probably the best Koh episode we've had (which feels like it's not saying much, but still), it gives some much-needed definition to Melto (this time as an encouraging figure only hinted at before), and it introduces a generally cheery but not overly comedic character with a pretty well done personality by the standards I was used to. Definitely hopeful that they keep up the momentum from here!

Also, I think the flashback confirms that Melto's hair is naturally blue.
ViRGE wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:23 am Alright. Seriously, what the sam hell is going on with the mecha fights? It's Super Sentai, and Super Sentai is primarily known for two things: multi-colored spandex, and giant robots beating the stuffing out of giant monsters. This is the fifth episode in a row without a proper mecha fight - hell, it went entirely sans-mecha - meaning we've gone over a month without one at this point. Normally Sentai doesn't go more than a handful of episodes a year without at least a quickie fight.
I dunno, I felt in this episode the lack of a mecha fight ended up letting the characters shine more? Still, I wonder if something broke down behind the scenes.
Watching:
Kamen Rider Kuuga, Gotchard

Watched:
KR W, Gaim, Ghost - Build, Geats
Ultraman '66, Leo, Great, Nexus - U7X, Ginga - Blazar
Donbrothers
GS Sho, Dogengers S1-4
When in doubt,
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:25 am
Lunagel wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:00 am If you click the image it takes you to the p-bandai page, but it's Canalo's
Aww. I was trying to figure it out without cheating.:(
I would never had gotten it. Driving me crazy.

Yeah, the "rage issues" seemed kind of tacked on. Ok episode but not changing my opinion on this Sentai.
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

takenoko wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:27 pm
Wait, what was with that thing Wiseru did with his eyes? Did he always have that functionality in his costume or did they just add it for this one joke???
He did it in his introductory episodes. It's how he hypnotized people.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”