decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Re: Favorite games of the last 10 years

Post by decade368990 »

takenoko wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:21 amWhat are yours?
My favorite games are mostly games from Rockstar. After having fun with GTA IV for a few years, I was convinced to buy GTA V. GTA V was beautifully made, with lots of features that keep you engaged for the next 2 to 3 years. I love the first person mode because It's so funny to do a middle finger just to anger people. First person mode also provides an advantage to some missions which makes things a lot easier to complete gold medals. It's cool that Rockstar expanded the variety of cars. One of my favorite car is Bifta. I can customize the car with purple and green color palette; making it look like the Jokermobile in the Batman the animated series. The rest of the sport car options are also intriguing because they include convertible roofs. I feel like I am cruising around Los Santos in an expensive car. Flying is a welcome back experience since San Andreas; in GTA IV you can only fly choppers due to the fact that the map is smaller which is not suitable for bigger planes. Getting the jet from Fort Zancudo is rather tricky, but I was able to immediately do a Quicksave after getting into the cockpit. With this trick, you can reload the game even if tanks blow you to pieces. The game map, I kinda wish Rockstar could have expand the Los Santos city part bigger because I always ran into collision when a car reaches its maximum speed.

Another favorite game from Rockstar is L.A Noire. What drew me into this game is attention to detail to LA. Sure the bigger the map, makes price to pay for uncomfortable gameplay. The gun and vehicle controls are sloppy. The interrogation moments are fine.

I know Red Dead is popular. I haven't played Red Dead Redemption yet, but I bought 2 instead. The controls are rather uncomfortable, so I prefer to wait for the remastered version of Red Dead Redemption. Then I'll play 2 later.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

Hmm 10 years feels really far back. Definitely Portal 2. Was super fun, interesting, and hilarious.

Prey would take my second spot. Takenoko needs to recommend me more games! I really liked the atmosphere and gameplay, despite initially being slightly put off at the "horror" theme of the game. Turns out it was more of a walk in the park and do things at my own pace than a horror game!

Dishonored 1 and 2 would be among my top picks too. It's just so fun sneaking up behind people and strangling them before carrying their bodies away to hide!

After that I would say Batman Arkham series and Witcher 3. Batman for the super fun action and gameplay and Witcher 3 for the expansive story, world, and gameplay.

Just Cause 3 was amazing fun as well. Flying planes in Just Cause 3 made me realize how I loved flying planes which led me to buy Ace Combat 7 (yet to try it).

And RAGE. Fun game that combines pretty much all of my favorite genres: FPS, RPG, and racing. Currently replaying it now so I can remember the story to play RAGE 2.

As for non-FPS games, I really enjoyed Cities Skylines and Planet Coaster. Had so much fun managing stuff and letting my creative juices flow while building stuff.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

It's hard to say. I've played a lot of great games.

If I was to pick one, it would be Devil May Cry 5. A game that I was waiting a long time to be announced and the hype from announcement to release was a real ride.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

decade368990 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:46 am
takenoko wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:21 amWhat are yours?
My favorite games are mostly games from Rockstar.
That's a lot of Rockstar games!

>mm 10 years feels really far back. Definitely Portal 2. Was super fun, interesting, and hilarious.

Oh gosh, was Portal 2 within the last 10 years???

>Prey would take my second spot. Takenoko needs to recommend me more games!

Any Bioshock/System Shocklikes. The most recent one that I beat last night was Control.
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QkLwj66bM0
Voice actress dresses like character: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIDr-rzzOdU
Dr. Casper Darling is a VIP in that game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2CFQuvKev8

Prey is so underrated. I highly recommend it to people because it does so many cool things!

>Dishonored 1 and 2 would be among my top picks too. It's just so fun sneaking up behind people and strangling them before carrying their bodies away to hide!

You sure like Arkane Studios!

>After that I would say Batman Arkham series and Witcher 3. Batman for the super fun action and gameplay and Witcher 3 for the expansive story, world, and gameplay.

Both great

As for me...
https://psnprofiles.com/takkynoko

Anything by From Studios is a masterpiece. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls series, Bloodborne, Sekiro. Just so good. Hollow Knight is a good metroidvania soulslike.

Capcom did Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma, the latter of which has so many interesting ideas.

Walking Dead from Telltale was amazing. And Life is Strange and Until Dawn from those roots.

NieR Automata, my gosh.

Soma, The Last of Us, and Mass Effect 2 have amazing stories.

Binding of Isaac is my favorite roguelike.

Zelda Breath of the Wild, I got out my Switch for that game.
xiiliea
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Nexus
2nd Favorite Series: Ultraman Gaia
Favorite Actor?: Fujita Ray
Alignment: Neutral Good

Post by xiiliea »

takenoko wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:09 pm
decade368990 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:46 am

My favorite games are mostly games from Rockstar.
That's a lot of Rockstar games!

>mm 10 years feels really far back. Definitely Portal 2. Was super fun, interesting, and hilarious.

Oh gosh, was Portal 2 within the last 10 years???

>Prey would take my second spot. Takenoko needs to recommend me more games!

Any Bioshock/System Shocklikes. The most recent one that I beat last night was Control.
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QkLwj66bM0
Voice actress dresses like character: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIDr-rzzOdU
Dr. Casper Darling is a VIP in that game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2CFQuvKev8

Prey is so underrated. I highly recommend it to people because it does so many cool things!

>Dishonored 1 and 2 would be among my top picks too. It's just so fun sneaking up behind people and strangling them before carrying their bodies away to hide!

You sure like Arkane Studios!

>After that I would say Batman Arkham series and Witcher 3. Batman for the super fun action and gameplay and Witcher 3 for the expansive story, world, and gameplay.

Both great

As for me...
https://psnprofiles.com/takkynoko

Anything by From Studios is a masterpiece. Demon's Souls, Dark Souls series, Bloodborne, Sekiro. Just so good. Hollow Knight is a good metroidvania soulslike.

Capcom did Monster Hunter and Dragon's Dogma, the latter of which has so many interesting ideas.

Walking Dead from Telltale was amazing. And Life is Strange and Until Dawn from those roots.

NieR Automata, my gosh.

Soma, The Last of Us, and Mass Effect 2 have amazing stories.

Binding of Isaac is my favorite roguelike.

Zelda Breath of the Wild, I got out my Switch for that game.
Cool thanks. I played Bioshock before. Didn't really like it too much, although Infinite was okayish. I might try System Shock.

I might probably buy Sekiro later this year. Just wanted to clear some games like Just Cause 4 and Rage 2 first.
Xelger
Mage in training
Mage in training

Post by Xelger »

Here's my short list:

The Batman Arkham series
The Jackbox Party Pack series
The Ace Attorney series
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Ys: Origin
Portal 2
Killing Floor 2

Payday 2 was fun for a while, but when they started making the stealth missions impossible to remove all the guards and other such things, it stopped being fun and was a tedious hassle where there was no "free and clear" status until you escaped.
decade368990
Train man

Post by decade368990 »

Looks like most of us here prefers Batman Arkham games over the Spider-Man PS4. I really like the game overall after watching gameplays from different people on YouTube. But I'm too old to buy such game. If I mention to people, they will gasp and say "still Spider-Man, never change at all do you?".
takenoko wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:09 pm That's a lot of Rockstar games!
I'm already obsessed with open world games because Rockstar offers more than just exploring the game map. For games not made by Rockstar, I have Medal of Honor, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Road Rash, Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge, 2004 Star Wars Battlefront 2, and etc.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

decade368990 wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:17 pm Looks like most of us here prefers Batman Arkham games over the Spider-Man PS4. I really like the game overall after watching gameplays from different people on YouTube. But I'm too old to buy such game. If I mention to people, they will gasp and say "still Spider-Man, never change at all do you?".
That's a weird thing for people to say when superhero movies are like the popular thing now? If anyone makes fun of you for liking something, fuck them.
decade368990
Train man

Post by decade368990 »

takenoko wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:36 am That's a weird thing for people to say when superhero movies are like the popular thing now? If anyone makes fun of you for liking something, fuck them.
Right. Mostly they are people who are not involved in internet threads. Rather, they're just colleagues or strangers I barely know.

Return to “Games”