Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger the Movie: Time Slip! Dinosaur Panic!!

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger the Movie: Time Slip! Dinosaur Panic!!

Post by Lunagel »

Wiki

Well, the runtime would indicate that this was indeed a movie...

Canalo got completely f*ked over in terms of screentime. Yuno was only there to cry a lot. None of the Druidon commanders did anything. The time travel was laughably contrived. At least it was short and didn't require any new effects.

I don't think anyone involved in this movie actually even looked at the Wikipedia page for dinosaur extinction.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger the Movie: Time Slip! Dinosaur Panic!!

Post by takenoko »

Pretty good. Didn't feel too fast for me, which is my usual complaint for the Sentai summer movies. Pretty amazed we traveled back and forth to the past as many times as we did.

Liked that the stakes were saving both the past and present day. Instead of having a big dummy, random new monster, we get the origin of Gaisorg and the Ryusoul Tribes, which is much better, in my opinion. If there's one thing this series lacks, it's world building.

Loved Koh here when he was fighting Gaisorg. The series has maybe two real great bgms and they used it well here. Plus, it's awesome to see the four knights piloting a mecha. More of this please!

RIP KishiryuuJin, I'm sure you'll show up again before the end.

Just one question, who spit slime in Yuno's mouth to create the Minusaur?

Comments from my notes:

Best line of this series, Gachi asking Tankjou why he's spouting exposition. "I was with you the whole time!"

Whoa it's Ui. Where's she been?

Okay, why the fuck is there shaky cam on the cgi dinosaur sequence

7:53 best face
ImageImage

Wow, red is actually staying behind to let the others do something?

How did they know Koh would be in the museum?
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

Shaky cam on the dinosaur reveal was likely to hide some of the rough CGI. It's a pretty common trick, see: any Transformers movie.

Who did get Yuno all Minusaur'd up? It had to have happened in the past, because she used the Minusaur to end up in the future. So... did Kleon exist back then? How did the Druidons create Minusaurs before Kleon, anyway? Do any others have that power? It had to have been a thing that existed in the past, because the Ryusoulgers were trained to fight Minusaurs specifically.

It looks like Valma was "cured" of the Gaisorg armor, but the armor shows up in present-day all evil still. It looks like it was destroyed in their fight, so did Valma rebuild it? Was it not destroyed at all, and Valma was just knocked out of his evil?

Not sure why Melto knew Koh would be in the museum. Surely it makes more sense for them to rendezvous back at the house, if they were separated. Whatever. Trying not to think too hard about this, because closed time loop plots make me really angry in general. Koh taught Yuno/Valma, who passed that on down to the previous Masters, who then taught Koh and co. So Koh taught himself. Where did the teachings originally come from? They have no source, now. Gah! Stop it!
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>Shaky cam on the dinosaur reveal was likely to hide some of the rough CGI. It's a pretty common trick, see: any Transformers movie.

I saw both the 1986 animated one and Bumblebee and don't recall that. Pretty sure that's all of them.

>Who did get Yuno all Minusaur'd up?

I looked it up on the monster profile included on the Blu-ray, the Minusaur spawned from Yuno's minus energy from her desire for power to stop her mad dad. It's been a while, but there have been instances where Minusaurs just spawn on their own (good thing the Ryusoulgers are always around throughout history to stop them!)

>It looks like Valma was "cured" of the Gaisorg armor, but the armor shows up in present-day all evil still. It looks like it was destroyed in their fight, so did Valma rebuild it? Was it not destroyed at all, and Valma was just knocked out of his evil?

Oh shit, continuity
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Definitely more enjoyable than the majority of the series episodes, that's for sure.

Again, I totally forgot that Gaisorg was even a thing.
Gekko
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Gekko »

I'm kind of surprised and disappointed that Kishiryuu Jin doesn't even get much action as I hoped. Kind of sad.

And also, as per tokusatsu logic, I'll just throw all instances of proper continuity and just...enjoy the movie storyline by itself. XD
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Canalo got Extra Rangered hard. He didn't even fight in the movie. At least past Extra Rangers get to fight briefly before being written out of the movie for lame reasons.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They clearly cared even less for this one than normal.
username
Complacent masses
Complacent masses
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Fourze
Dreamy: Tomoko Nozama

Post by username »

Question: Do you still post DDLs? Haven't seen any posted for Ryusoulger is all. If this is the wrong section to post in I apologize
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

DDL's are posted by members, but you can ask takenoko to send you an invite for the dropbox folder, if you have a dropbox account.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I don't think anyone adds to the direct downloads anymore unfortunately. But yeah, dropbox and seedboxes are options
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

I did not expect Suzuka Morita to be here. But seeing her again was a good thing, I guess.
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I finally got around to watching this. It was okay. Sentai movies are rarely great, and this one isn't any better in that respect. But it's also not bad; the action is top-notch, and as Takenoko noted, there is just the slightest bit of world building here - seeing the Ryusoul tribe with technology and the creation of the Gaisorg armor - which the series has always lacked. Otherwise the less said about time travel, the better.

As a couple of other people have already noted, I'm surprised by how little we see of the movie robo. He's a proper suit and everything, and given how much effort would have needed to go into even a modest redeco like that, I would have expected to see more of the suit. Like Takenoko, it would make me think they're saving it to appear in the series as well, but with 3 episodes of Ryusoulger left, I suspect that ship has sailed as well.

And Tankjou. How I've missed your simple, happy outlook on life.:D
Lunagel wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:19 am Yuno was only there to cry a lot.
Bloody hell, did she ever. And she has that ear piercing scream that's impossible to ignore. Thank god it was just a 30 minute movie, as I don't know if I could have put up with much more of that. I'm not going to fault the actress, but she badly needed something else to do.
msf232 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:14 am I did not expect Suzuka Morita to be here. But seeing her again was a good thing, I guess.
Oh, so that's who that was! I was wondering why she looked familiar...
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

everyone forgets this took place near the beginning of the series, with Dimevolcano being Koh's big powerup. which is why Ui was there, this was filmed probably early on in the run, when she wasn't sick.

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”