Ryusoulger 41 released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:07 pm

★★★★★
30%
★★★★
40%
★★★
20%
★★
No votes
10%

Total votes: 10
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Ryusoulger 41 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Previous episode rating: 3.7 / 5 (10 votes)

Alt Title: Miu's back

Guess that was alright. It's fun to see Miu's actress back. And we get a little story about Creon and Oto. But I'm so confused about what message this story is trying to tell, if it has one at all. Some good moments with Asuna and Bamba looks good in a suit. But otherwise, red just comes in and saves the day again.

Notes while watching:

I guess for some ancient dinosaur immortal people, it's their job to protect the world. But I guess it's also okay for others to just be the prime minister or direct movies...

What? Melto, I thought you were supposed to be the smart one. What kind of bs advice is that.

Pretty convenient for the hostages to just stand there instead of running away.

I wonder if that bird was meant to fly through the Creon shot.

I don't understand what the moral of this episode is. To not tell your friend pertinent information about their career in the hopes they learn a lesson all on their own, or making fun of people protecting the world and then stating that your dream is just as important. Maybe it's to forgive liars and hope that a broken system will work because you have no choice but to hope that it does?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Ryusoulger 41 released

Post by Lunagel »

Once again an episode from the main writer where the point is confusing and clearly not thought out. Who gave this man a series?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The ending between Creon and Wyzul just goes to show how much more enjoyable they are than any of the other Druidons (Tankujo was alright as well).

What the hell is up with this episode? It's too late in the run to do dumb episode like this. The idea that Oto is so out of the loop that she doesn't know that her brother has an upgrade sword kind of perplexes me as well.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Sooo... Where do Oto and her brother spend there time when on land? THe Ryusoulgers live with the Uis. Are Oto and her brother just hooking up with random people or do they go back to the sea every evening?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I never thought about that. She must just do her own thing while her brother just hits on women all the time.
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

So Creon made the episode for me. God help me, I actually found myself getting slightly choked up when I saw his slimy tears fall to the ground. The very end with his suggestion to Wiseru was a nice little twist too; you can't tell at this stage whether or not Wiseru would actually be on board with the idea but I look forward to finding out.

It took me a good couple of minutes to realise that the guest actress was Miu from Fourze. She's changed quite a bit in the last... what's it been, eight years? She did a fair job here, even if I couldn't buy into the character's story.

Oh yes, and one final point: Koh's reaction at 8:45 is totally GIF-worthy! :)
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

JustiFanV2 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:51 pm Oh yes, and one final point: Koh's reaction at 8:45 is totally GIF-worthy! :)
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Post by VerusMaya II »

sign me up for Druidon Sentai Kleonranger
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Ghost23
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by Ghost23 »

So is it just me or did anyone else for a second thought the professor used the ryusoul caliber to unclog the toilet at the beginning of the episode?
Gekko
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by Gekko »

At 20:27, the text reads...

"I can't deal with his ANAL retentiveness."

Most likely not a typo of any sort, but...sorry. My effed up brain can't process what Miya is trying to say. XD
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo

Post by VerusMaya II »

It's a real thing.
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
Gekko
That's so ridiculous
That's so ridiculous
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Post by Gekko »

VerusMaya II wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:47 am It's a real thing.
Oh. I'm relieved.

Thanks. It's the first time I encountered that phrase.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Is Freduian. There is real science to back it up!
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

I knew I had seen Miya's actress from some previous Toei production, but I was never able to put it together. In Fourze they really played off both her height and general lankiness, whereas all of that is downplayed here.
takenoko wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:07 pm I don't understand what the moral of this episode is. To not tell your friend pertinent information about their career in the hopes they learn a lesson all on their own, or making fun of people protecting the world and then stating that your dream is just as important. Maybe it's to forgive liars and hope that a broken system will work because you have no choice but to hope that it does?
I'll go a bit nicer than that. I think you have the A and B plots swapped. It strikes me that Kleon's plot is the A plot, and that they started with needing to get him to want to side with the rangers, building out the rest of the plot from there.

Not that the interactions with Miya make a ton of sense. But they're not meant to be the moral of the story. If anything, the moral is that being lied to and manipulated sucks, and that even (literal) slimebags like Kleon deserve a fair shake.
JustiFanV2 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:51 pm So Creon made the episode for me. God help me, I actually found myself getting slightly choked up when I saw his slimy tears fall to the ground. The very end with his suggestion to Wiseru was a nice little twist too; you can't tell at this stage whether or not Wiseru would actually be on board with the idea but I look forward to finding out.
Agreed. The villains in this series have been fairly bland overall, but Kleon is the standout. Maybe it's just easier to empathize with the underdog/butt monkey of the group?
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:22 pm I never thought about that. She must just do her own thing while her brother just hits on women all the time.
Otto is a really good argument against free-range parenting. Whenever she's not at home or being watched, she's getting into trouble and trying to start things with older men. Granted, it doesn't help that Canolo is not a very good guardian and a decent role model at best, but someone that impulsive needs more supervision.

(The again, the entire ocean tribe seems to be screwed up. We haven't met one well-adjusted person from them yet. Given their population issues, I'm starting to wonder if there's been some inbreeding going on there :shock: )
Ghost23 wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:02 pm So is it just me or did anyone else for a second thought the professor used the ryusoul caliber to unclog the toilet at the beginning of the episode?
Well it is the right size to be a poop knife...

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”