Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger 42 Released

Another dinosaur Sentai???
Forum rules

Ryusoulger Wiki Link

< LVSP | Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger | Kiramager >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:23 am

★★★★★
12%
★★★★
41%
★★★
35%
★★
6%
6%

Total votes: 17
VerusMaya II
Humongous
Favorite series: Ultraman Mebius, Lupinranger vs Patranger, Kamen Rider Build
2nd Favorite Series: Gokaiger, Ryukendo
Dreamy: Q
Favorite Band: Calexico
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: FFXIV
Quote: veridis quo
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger 42 Released

Post by VerusMaya II »

ShepardRahl wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:18 am I'm not sure I agree that this is the worst sentai. Yes it had it's problems with some inconstancy and just dropping plot items. How they handled the Giasorg armor was really bad, but I would argue that it's better than some of the more recent ones...Ninninger, ToQger, Lupin vs Pat (in some aspects).
Ryusoul > Kyuu > Ninnin.

Also how dare you come into my house and slander Lupat like this?
we are here to take the blame; to take the taunts and live the shame
we are here to make you feel; it terrifies you, but it's real
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Your mileage may vary, but I definitely don't think TOQ or LVSP were bad at all. Mine would be

Ryusoul > Ninnin > Kyuu

Kyuu was just such a sprawling mess and Lucky was just so annoying that it wasn't really about anything to me. At least Ninnin had some positive stuff and was relatively consistent.

I don't think Ryusoul is bad at all, but nothing suffers more than being unremarkable.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Wow, what a weird episode. Not that it was weird in a bad way, but from start to finish it was very different kind of episode. Not quite meta, but certainly playing with tropes and fantasy a bit.

One thing is for sure: Wiseru definitely gets one of the best exits in quite a while. Most generals go out like Gachieleus, trying to fight the heroes to the bitter end in a desperate struggle. "Honorable" villains get a more noble death, but even that doesn't quite compare to what went on here. Other than Gekiranger, I'm struggling to think of the last time the focus character of an episode was so clearly a villain. Even with big villain episodes like their introductions or defeats, they're usually the foil, not the focus.

If nothing else, Wiseru went out on his own terms, as a bombastic showman rather than a fighter. And while Wiseru can be too much in large doses over many episodes, in smaller doses such as this, he's great. There's something extremely enjoyable about watching him screw with the Ryusoulgers.:D

Of course, since he didn't watch him explode, it's probably all a feint anyhow. That would also explain why this episode seems entirely disconnected from the end of the previous one...

Meanwhile, like everyone else, I'm wondering what the real story is with Ui. She's been AWOL for ages, and now she's gone for good. Clearly something has happened behind the scenes. And it must be bad, embarrassing, or quite personal for it not to already have come to light. Hopefully we find out what the story is there one of these days.
VerusMaya II wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:17 pm And them dropping Set like a hot potato was also pretty upsetting,
Has Set been dropped? He's used very irregularly to begin with. So I'm not sure how to tell the difference.
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:46 am I actually had to pause and laugh my ass off when Ui left. Holy shit. This series has totally misused its supporting characters. The village Elder, the masters, Ui and her Dad/Set and what's his name that got the Gaisorg armour and died the very next episode.
The show is nothing if not consistent.

Also, they kind of screwed up the blocking of that scene. The last we see of Ui is her backing up, making it look like she was exiting via the metal cabinet doors. :lol:
takenoko wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:02 am -Slime guy standing up to defend Wiseru. A lot of things don't work in this series. Like a fuckton of things. But slime guy and his friendship with Wiseru does? Like that Koh just walks away and lies about defeating Wiseru
Was that lying? He did defeat Wiseru. He just didn't kill Wiseru.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

ViRGE wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:17 am
takenoko wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:02 am -Slime guy standing up to defend Wiseru. A lot of things don't work in this series. Like a fuckton of things. But slime guy and his friendship with Wiseru does? Like that Koh just walks away and lies about defeating Wiseru
Was that lying? He did defeat Wiseru. He just didn't kill Wiseru.
Hmmm, it definitely is a lie since he's actively deceiving them. If Wiseru shows up now, any of them would be right to be mad at Koh for telling them he "defeated Wiseru"

Return to “Kishiryuu Sentai Ryusoulger”