KR Zi-O the Movie: Over Quartzer

It's pronounced Ji Oh. AKA Kamen Rider Double Decade
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zi-O Wiki Link

< Build | Zi-O | Zero-One >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
stardrago
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: KR Zi-O the Movie: Over Quartzer

Post by stardrago »

Say, how come the full music video by Da Pump - P.A.R.T.Y. ~Universe Festival~ is not included in the release?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

How come you never comment on the video, just bitch about shit?
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

Man, this movie is a total mess. It give me brain freeze just from watching it. The last time I felt like this when watched one of OOO's movie (forget which one, but I remember OOO got the Tajador out of nowhere)
kevinlafriday
Infinity

Post by kevinlafriday »

so...no zero one here in the movie?
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

How did they manage to make it both WORSE than the choices they made in the actual episodes, but also with a plot point that would have made a HELL of a lot more sense in the show than it would for a movie?

Woz actually being part of a secondary cult dedicated to revising the timeline would have made a hell of a lot more sense than him just being some nebulous Oma Zi-O worshiper and had they drawn it out properly, they could have actually made a half decent two or three episode Drive arc rather than cramming it in to extend the movie's run time. Cause god forbid we give Mr. Blank Slate Protagonist some actual chances to show character growth rather than giving him what is technically the first of two Deus Ex Machina moments to make him come out on top in the series as a whole.

The bit with the Quartzers bitching about Heisei being ugly and inelegant is a laugh, basically the aging directors and writers condescending to the kids over being too picky about what they consider entertaining. There's nothing wrong with having a legacy and nostalgia in your media product but acting like the old ways were perfect and the new stuff is crap is only going to piss people off. They could have made it something similar to the Heisei VS Showa, but that would have required effort on their part.

And they barely even cared to include Zero-One at all, cramming him into a scene after all the credits roll is just lazy at this point. I think they've outgrown the need to use movies to introduce the next Riders, it barely makes any tangible connections anymore.
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

kevinlafriday wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:07 am so...no zero one here in the movie?
He's in 2 different scenes.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
Uzur9
TQG
TQG
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Gaimu
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokai
Favorite Band: J-rock/pop + Dubstep
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by Uzur9 »

As a whole Zi-O is up there with Ghost for me. Like others have said this movie is a mess. The first 3rd Wall break... I'll give you it but, after it just irked me same with the plot(?) "Heisei ugly, destory!" Sure the Heisei era (and I would even say Showa) has/had it's ups & downs, but what shows don't ?

Seeing G & Brain again was nice. Sadly I don't think I can add anything that the others have already stated.

Thanks T-N for all the work you guys & gals do.
Kamen Rider left to finish:
Reiwa: Geats, Gotchard

Super Sentai left to finish:
Shōwa: Denjiman, Goggle V, Dynaman, Changeman

Heisei: Complete.

Reiwa: Zenkaiger, High School Heroes, Donbrothers & King-Ohger
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time

Post by msf232 »

The theme song was actually pretty good. I enjoyed it, so that definitely was the best part of the movie :P
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

steps to watch any zio content:

1)stop thinking

2)dont care about plot or nonsense stuff

3)watch and try enjoy

not following steps above may incur in not like or thoughts of wasted time watching zio content.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time

Post by msf232 »

PDA wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:22 am steps to watch any zio content:

1)stop thinking

2)dont care about plot or nonsense stuff

3)watch and try enjoy
I had the same realization, but for Ryusoulger
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Or to say it in others words : enjoy the show or what it is and not for what you think it should be.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Did I miss the part where they made drugs legal in Japan?

Man, I was not at all prepared for this movie. I was expecting the usual semi-serious fare of a KR movie. Instead this movie is as meta as all heck; it's like a 7 layer bean dip of metaness. At one point (the big bad complaining about the Heisei writing), I seriously had to stop and make sure I hadn't accidentally downloaded a parody. I'm still not sure if I need to check and see if I'm having a stroke.

I think BreadToku put it best: Heisei Generations was apparently the serious tribute to Heisei. This was the madcap meta commentary on Heisei.

What else is there to say? The plot was nonsense. The camera work was unorthodox at best. And the characterization was all over the place. But at least the scoring was pretty good?

And now, my random notes from watching this movie. Because there's no sense in trying to make sense of a movie that doesn't want to make sense.
  • Toei's historical village. Take two shots.
  • "Nobunga, what do you want to do right now?" "Make babies!"
  • Hey, it's the robots from the future past. Toei actually remembered them!
  • "What's wrong with an uneven road?" Have you ever tried diving on one? It's awful
  • Well at least they're not saving Zi-O's ultimate form until the last 5 minutes for no good reason. [...] Oh, only to get his ass whooped.
  • "Of course life isn't beautiful." "Why, just take a look at me, for example"
BreadToku wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:41 am As for the obligatory movie form though, I wish I found it more interesting to talk about. Oma Form is a rather generically 'cool' golden suit, but I can't help but compare it (unfavourably) to Zi-O's others forms. Zi-O II is much cooler, Trinity and Grand are much 'louder', and I don't even think Oma Form resembles Oma Zi-O anymore than his base form does. It's just generic and also powerful in a generic way.
This is legitimate criticism. Toei kind of peaked with the design for Oma Zi-O; anything that tries to be inspired by it on copies from it just comes off as a poor knock-off.
Kamen_Rider_Shiki
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Garo
Dreamy: Malika
Favorite Actor?: Nao Nagasawa
Favorite Band: Uverworld
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Garo
Quote: "Living by supporting eachother is the game called life," so why can't I get a girlfriend?
"Nobody's Perfect," until you fall in love with them.

Post by Kamen_Rider_Shiki »

I went into this movie expecting some answers. Instead, I now hate this season more than any rider ever!

Sougo was a kagemusha for someone who was the real Oma Zi-O who they chose at random, but they didn't. Schwartz did! Was he friends with them or did they have him pick Sougo?! Did he hate the Heisei era too?

They cameo every main rider and even got the other riders who didn't count, and while that manga one was pretty cool, how are you gonna bring in Brain but not Heart?

Speaking of cameos, the real Tsukasa was in the main cast. Where was he in this movie?

And someone actually shut up Woz, without even bothering to explain how he, Tsukuyomi, and Geiz are still alive! It's like they just called it a night after introducing the Showa version of Zi-O.

I... I just can't. The writers are more spiteful to critics than me and SuperMarioLogan put together. At least I don't waste money yelling at people.
Favorites:
Kamen Rider - Black, Agito, W, Gaim, Drive, Ex-Aid
Super Sentai - Jetman, Megaranger, GoGo-V, Shinkenger, ToQger
Other - Garo, Ryukendo, Rescue Force
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

>Sougo was a kagemusha for someone who was the real Oma Zi-O who they chose at random, but they didn't. Schwartz did!

Ooh, I just now caught the parallel with Geiz being Nobunaga's kagemusha. Also yeah, where the fuck were the Timejackers in this movie?

Return to “Kamen Rider Zi-O”