Dreamy: Fumika Baba
Favorite Actor?: Takeru Satoh
Favorite Band: EARNEST DRIVE
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
My boom: Kamen Rider
Quote: "Now, shall we begin the experiment?"

Re: Garo -Gekkou no Tabibito- Released

Post by The M »

takenoko wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:17 pm Yeah it's basically her pregnancy reveal. I can't believe you've done this Raiga.
So she is already pregnant?
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I doubt it, there would've been a focus on her stomach and a glow or something. It's just a future kid.
MagusKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Decade
Alignment: Neutral Good
Quote: The whole world is insane, we just have to be sane enough to accept it

Post by MagusKaiser »

just asking out there, is anyone else getting playback issues with the 1080HD version at the scene with the moonbow butterflies?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Time stamps are usually nice when making this sort of post
MagusKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by MagusKaiser »

takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:07 pm Time stamps are usually nice when making this sort of post
ahh sorry about that, also I found some other spots with playback issues first one was at 39:29 and the second was at 1:09:08 both times playback was jittery with frame and audio skips
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Thanks, that makes it easier to give a response.

Hmmm, looks okay to me using MPC-HC. Can you check the integrity of the file with a CRC check or torrent completion. What player are you using? Thanks!
MagusKaiser
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by MagusKaiser »

takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:07 pm Thanks, that makes it easier to give a response.

Hmmm, looks okay to me using MPC-HC. Can you check the integrity of the file with a CRC check or torrent completion. What player are you using? Thanks!
I was streaming it with Tversity to my PS3, it's pretty much how I've been enjoying all your guys work since so far there hasn't been any news for physical releases of the later seasons of garo and no one seem to want to touch kamen rider for physical release
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Oh yeah, I used TVsersity for a bit. Maybe it's just a buffering issue since there's a lot of stuff going on?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

https://takkynoko.tumblr.com/post/18476 ... re-in-garo

Oooh... Saw this pic and my comment from last year.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Oh man! what I miss all this time. I was thinking about Garo and how we didn't have any content since the VERSUS series ended. I didn't know that this movie exist until yerterday because someone posted about it on a facebook group. I just watched it thanks to you guys.

No one is going to read this post because the movie is already too old but I will still gonna write it because I liked the movie.

I think the movie is a good "thanks" or "farewell" to the series.
takenoko wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:42 am Raiga just doesn't work in general because he can never step out of his father's shadow. If Amemiya wants to do spin offs, he's done great work with Bikuu or the Zero series, Raiga is shackled by his bloodline, for better or worse.
Catastrophe wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:33 am The problem is, not because of Raiga though. It's a nice GARO family movie, but Raiga suffers from all the same issues he does in his series. He's outdone by both his father and grandfather. Shit, even Crow manages to be more interesting.
Not true. Raiga was able to masters Garo's beast form, which his father never was able to control and almost lost himself when he used it. This is something that probably not any other knight have done before him. Sadly they forgot about that in this movie and it was not even used. It would have been nice to see a battle between Garo's Beast Form vs Ouga Horror's possessed armor.

I think that Kouga is always going to be our favorite Garo protagonist because he is the first one but Raiga is a good successor. I have always said that what I like about Garo the most is that every protagonist have a unique skill that make him different from the rest.

Anyway... too late for the party for me... it's May 15, 2023. Here I'm wishing for a new Garo series.

Let's hope that this happens in the future but if not this was decent enough.
Final Vent!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>No one is going to read this post because the movie is already too old but I will still gonna write it because I liked the movie.

I read everything. No worries man, I got you covered

>I think the movie is a good "thanks" or "farewell" to the series.

At the time, I don't think I realized this was the end. I don't think Amemiya has even whispered Garo since Garo VR was a thing, plus with the guy playing Kouga's dad committing suicide. Yeah, guess the series really is over

> think that Kouga is always going to be our favorite Garo protagonist because he is the first one but Raiga is a good successor. I have always said that what I like about Garo the most is that every protagonist have a unique skill that make him different from the rest.

I always wanted to like Raiga for being his own character, but his timeline just never clicked for whatever reason

Here's to more Garo in the future someday
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

I finally decided to take the time to see this.

When Kouga finally took the scene, it gave me chills per usual.

I was a little bit let down from a story perspective though. While Barago is a cool enemy, he shouldn’t have been revived, especially just because Raiga was born. If a piece of his soul somehow survived and it regenerated him, that’d have made more sense in this kind of world. But really let this sleeping (dead) wolf lie.
For Taiga I would rather have some of his time alive as Garo, than his soul returning to help his lineage.
For Kouga, the hair killed me. They couldn’t have done something there? Yikes. I am also a bit lost on his story in this. It sounds like Gajari tricked him into being his slave by taking Kaoru and showing him Raiga’s future. Can we kill Gajari? Seems like some kind of Madou/Makai bs figure anyway.
I was going to be upset if we didn’t get to see Kaoru again. Thankfully Mika was able to return. It’s interesting that it’s more blatantly said in this movie that her feelings for Kouga are what give him extra power.
I was a little let down by bar chess. That game was such a huge deal with Amon and Kouga played. Speaking of Amon, I was happy to see him included in the pictures during the credits. Same with Jabi (wish she’d been named as that “dear friend”).
Where are the watchdogs? The first season ones were bad, but there were others that weren’t that were shown in other stories.
So is Ryuga the son of Raiga and Mayuri? I don’t think so. I feel like the Hagane world is a separate story completely from the Saejima world. However, all Garo holders get a Zaruba. But until we get direct name mention, or better, a character appearance in Ryuga’s story, I am seeing them as wholly separate.
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Saejima Kouga wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:21 pm I finally decided to take the time to see this.
So is Ryuga the son of Raiga and Mayuri? I don’t think so. I feel like the Hagane world is a separate story completely from the Saejima world. However, all Garo holders get a Zaruba. But until we get direct name mention, or better, a character appearance in Ryuga’s story, I am seeing them as wholly separate.

Ayyy, I'm glad you finally saw the movie. It was the last real Garo we had for a while

Anyway, what's interesting to me is the text in the bottom right. "Connect to the future"
Saejima Kouga
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: GARO
2nd Favorite Series: Cutie Honey the Live
Dreamy: Chase
My boom: The new Garo series
Quote: Why don’t I put a stake through her heart? You’d be surprised what that’ll kill.
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Saejima Kouga »

Wouldn't it be a twist if Ryuga was Garo before the Saejima family? 😆

Forgot to mention the KR reference.

The masked villain being Satoshi Matsuda who is a (Kamen Rider) knight…
I’m the one nightmares are afraid of.

Return to “Garo Movies”