Type: ISFJ Protector

Garo -Versus Road- 08 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last week's rating: 4 / 5 (11 votes)

Alt Title: Little Sword, Big Sword

As predicted, the two extras bit it pretty quickly. Man is Kouzuki unhinged though.

It's good to see Kuon finally do something, but why is him killing a monster considered so much more heroic than Amou who had to kill his own friend?

It feels like a real pity for Hyuuga to die so soon though.

Noticed Shuka didn't have the voice modulation on her voice this time. But we hear her eyes make mechanical sounds.

Wonder what the deal is with Azami and Shousetsu. A fallen knight and his priest? Anyway, looks like we'll be getting some Garoass stuff next week. So that's exciting.

To get a bit meta, all the writers and directors have had a turn with an arc so far, wonder who'll write and direct the last two arcs (assuming they're still in two episode parts). Actually Ayabe Shinya just finished directing his second arc, so the other two directors will probably cover the last four episodes. But who'll be the one writing them?
Xirix
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Garo
2nd Favorite Series: Goseiger

Re: Garo -Versus Road- 08 released

Post by Xirix »

Has Shuka's name even been brought up in an episode? How does Nagusuke know her name? (Okay he investigates by nature, so maybe that's why)

Hell yeah I am looking forward to next week, the next episode preview alone has a lot to deconstruct. So chair guy (Again, have any of our villains been mentioned by name in-episode other than credits?) failed to become a Makai Knight? And decided he'd just steal the Garo armour or something? Fair enough.

Looks like some kind of priest maybe in the preview with the "Dark Metal" probably made Versus Road with it, or the weird cyber-horrors at least. Interesting shit, can't wait!
Vim Crony
7X
Favorite series: Sh15uya
2nd Favorite Series: Faiz
Dreamy: Mio
Favorite Actor?: Cleavant Derricks
Favorite Band: Polaris
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Kiva and Comix

Post by Vim Crony »

Oh, wow. So many great moments in this episode. Does anyone else head bang to the intro song? ... Just me? ... Ok, lol.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Ok 5 stars because this episode felt a lot more like Garo I just don't know why probably the background music and just the scenes in general.

Some points about the episode.

- My prediction for top 4 was wrong. I was expecting a top 4 of Kuon, Amou, Hyuga and Emo girly kid.

- What a beautiful bromance between Amou and Kanata but Hyuga coming back as an horror made Kanata sacrifice completely useless. I was thinking that he at least defeated Hyuga but even with the sword he was not strong enough.

- As expected the 2 remaining extras are out in this episode and they were just used to built up the youtuber and the emo girly kid.

- The expected top 2 should be Kuon vs Amou but for some reason. I think that emo girly kid is going to end up in the top 2 against Kuon.

- The mastermind behind this is a failed makai knight...

- We are going to see something interesting next week and after that we have just 3 more episodes. Episode 10 should be pre top 4 and top 4, episode 11 probably top 4 conclusion and ep 12 top 2.

- Sadly these 12 episodes Garo shows always waste time at the middle and give you just 2 or 3 good episodes at the end.
Final Vent!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

Xirix wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 9:49 am Has Shuka's name even been brought up in an episode? How does Nagusuke know her name? (Okay he investigates by nature, so maybe that's why)
Oh, I forgot to respond to this. Yeah, she says it when she introduces herself in episode 1:

Welcome to the world of Garo Versus Road.
I'm Shuka.
I will be your navigator for this game.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Pretty neat. Seems a waste to take Hyuuga out before the end.

Set up for next week looks neat though.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

So let me get this straight. Mister antagonist there didn't just fail to become Garo, but he failed to become a Makai Knight, period?

I had this suspicion that the lady was actually working against the guy. The question is, what's her agenda? Will the mastermind guy croak it before the climax with her being the final boss?

And what's with the AI lady? Is she a real person after all?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault

Post by takenoko »

So if they halve things again next week, who do you think will survive? I think they'd lose Nagusuke and Kouzuki. Kouzuki looks like they're gearing up for him to have a tragic backstory. And Nagusuke, I think he'll discover something before he dies. Leaving Amou and Kuon to battle it out in the end.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Makes sense. It'd be harder for Kuon to fight someone who saved his life and isn't a total piece of shit.

Return to “-Versus Road-”