Translation Help (Kyuranger Sixth Ranger)

SPACE SQUADRON KITAAA!!!
Forum rules

Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger Wiki Link

< Jyuohger | KyuuRanger | Lupin VS Pat

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
emosk8

Translation Help (Kyuranger Sixth Ranger)

Post by emosk8 »

Good day minna-san! Especially to TN Staffs!

I hope all are doing good. I stumbled upon this on Toei's official radio show, Kamen Radiranger which is hosted by Ken'ichi Suzumura and Hiroshi Kamiya (Ryu Commander's seiyuu). https://ameblo.jp/kamen-radiranger/entr ... 33780.html

The thing is, it has been claimed that Kamiya confirmed on this broadcast that Houou Soldier is the sixth ranger. My Japanese vocabulary and kanji are very limited and I am quite confused on some of the dialogue. I would certainly appreciate if someone fluent in Japanese can confirm if Kamiya indeed confirmed that Houou Soldier is the 6th during this broadcast.

This part is kinda confusing to me:
鈴村:「よく考えたら、今6人目の戦士って言ったけど、全然6人じゃないな。」
To me it looks like Suzumura is saying something like: "You said you are the 6th ranger but you're not six at all." However, G-Translate is saying that it is: "I said I am the sixth ranger."

To which Kamiya replied, "Doubled, 12th ranger."

I know Japanese tends to change meaning depending on the context and syntax. You can read the full broadcast at the link above.

Did Kamiya really confirm that Houou Soldier is the 6th ranger? Any help would certainly be appreciated. Thank you again and God Bless =>
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Re: Translation Help (Kyuranger Sixth Ranger)

Post by takenoko »

I mean, it's not a language thing. It's the same thing in power rangers. When you talk about the 6th ranger, you're talking about the ranger that joins in later after the main group is established. It's like how Beet Buster is the sixth ranger for the Go-Busters. He's not actually number 6, but we all know what we mean by the term
HowlingSnail
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by HowlingSnail »

takenoko wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:22 am I mean, it's not a language thing. It's the same thing in power rangers. When you talk about the 6th ranger, you're talking about the ranger that joins in later after the main group is established. It's like how Beet Buster is the sixth ranger for the Go-Busters. He's not actually number 6, but we all know what we mean by the term
Exactly. Or how Abare Killer is the 6th despite being 5th. Or Deka Break despite being 7th.

Of course, that doesn't mean Toei isn't inconsistent. For example, I don't see why Beet and Stag Buster are counted as 6ths, and yet Geki Violet and Chopper are considered core team.

But Houou Soldier fills every role of being the 6th ranger. Ryu Commander is the equivalent of Deka Master.
Seen:
Super Sentai: Fiveman onwards
Kamen Rider: Ichigou-Skyrider, all the Heisei/Reiwa series except the American shows.
Precure: DokiDoki-Go Pri
Metal Heroes: Gavan
Other: Spiderman, Power Rangers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Sure, it's more a fan term than something official by Toei. Don't they acknowledge it when they make fun of it as a term on AkibaRangers?
emosk8

Post by emosk8 »

takenoko wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:22 am I mean, it's not a language thing. It's the same thing in power rangers. When you talk about the 6th ranger, you're talking about the ranger that joins in later after the main group is established. It's like how Beet Buster is the sixth ranger for the Go-Busters. He's not actually number 6, but we all know what we mean by the term
I totally agree Takenoko-san. Sixth rangers are like supplementary team members. However, one of Toei's producer confirmed that Ryu Commander is the 6th ranger of Kyuranger. Anyhow, would you be able to provide a quick summary of the entire broadcast? https://ameblo.jp/kamen-radiranger/entr ... 33780.html

Especially this dialogue? Thank you and God Bless =>
鈴村:「なんか新しい、まだあんのね。第6の戦士をああいう描き方するってさ。」

神谷:「12人に増えてあんな感じで増やすってすごいよな。」

神谷:「倍。12人目。」
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

emosk8 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:52 pm
I totally agree Takenoko-san. Sixth rangers are like supplementary team members. However, one of Toei's producer confirmed that Ryu Commander is the 6th ranger of Kyuranger. Anyhow, would you be able to provide a quick summary of the entire broadcast? https://ameblo.jp/kamen-radiranger/entr ... 33780.html

Especially this dialogue? Thank you and God Bless =>

I'm not sure what exactly it is you're still confused about. It just means RyuCommander is the 6th ranger in KyuuRanger even if he isn't actually the 6th in number.

Quick summary of the whole thing? My dude, that's like a 1-2 hour translation project. Pay a translator if you absolutely need to know what they're saying.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

?Suzumura: We're still thinking of new ways of introducing a sixth ranger

?Kamiya: Expanding it to 12 members is amazing.

?Suzumura: Now that I think about it, he's the sixth ranger, but he's not a six at all.

?Kamiya: Right, double it. He's the 12 ranger
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

The fact that it was called 9ranger and ended up being 12ranger really rustled my jimmies.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

So who's the "sixth" ranger? HououSoldier or RyuCommander?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

I mean, it literally does not matter.

If you're getting to semantics, as HowlingSnail mentioned previously, RyuCommander parallels DekaMaster while HououSoldier comes in later and is more involved in the plot like a traditional '6th'.
emosk8

Post by emosk8 »

Lunagel wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:54 am I'm not sure what exactly it is you're still confused about. It just means RyuCommander is the 6th ranger in KyuuRanger even if he isn't actually the 6th in number.
Indeed, Ryu Commander is indeed confirmed by a Toei producer as the 6th. However, on this broadcast, the hosts, which includes Kamiya (Ryu Commander's seiyuu), said that it is Houou Soldier. :o
Quick summary of the whole thing? My dude, that's like a 1-2 hour translation project. Pay a translator if you absolutely need to know what they're saying.
Ouch, no offense but that's kind of insensitive way of declining. NGL, I feel hurt. Anyways, thank you Lunagel-san. Keep safe and God Bless =>
emosk8

Post by emosk8 »

takenoko wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:55 am 鈴村:「なんか新しい、まだあんのね。第6の戦士をああいう描き方するってさ。」
?Suzumura: We're still thinking of new ways of introducing a sixth ranger

?Kamiya: Expanding it to 12 members is amazing.

?Suzumura: Now that I think about it, he's the sixth ranger, but he's not a six at all.

?Kamiya: Right, double it. He's the 12 ranger
Wow! Thank you Takenoko-san! Greatly appreciated! Keep safe and God Bless always =>
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

emosk8 wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:06 am Ouch, no offense but that's kind of insensitive way of declining. NGL, I feel hurt. Anyways, thank you Lunagel-san. Keep safe and God Bless =>
Full offense, if someone you didn't know at all came up to you and asked you to do 2 hours of labor and not get paid for it, you'd tell them to fuck off, wouldn't you?
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT

Post by Catastrophe »

Fuck off and god bless :)
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I mean, I'm not actually trying to be rude, but just cause someone does some stuff for free doesn't mean they're willing to do everything for free.

Return to “Uchuu Sentai KyuuRanger”