Kiramager Episode 21 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:43 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
54%
☆☆☆☆
15%
☆☆☆
31%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 21 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.09 / 5 stars (11 votes)

Alt Title:
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Kiramager Episode 21 released

Post by Catastrophe »

Shiguru doing cool shit is always my favourite, even if the episode doesn't 100% focus on him.

Next episode looks like it'll be cool as well.
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

This one didn't do a whole lot for me. It felt like a character focus episode but there really wasn't any focus on anyone? And at the same time, it felt like a team focus episode without really focusing on the team? IDK.

The human fishing trope, plus the lack of interaction with the main baddies seemed a bit filler-y for what was supposed to be a high-stakes episode if that makes any sense.

That's my impression of it and it didn't really satisfy me.
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

I liked this one quite a bit! It pulls a Ryusoulger-type of spread focus where certain characters just get to shine prominently even if the story isn't necessarily about them, in this case Shiguru getting to be the one to figure out the monster's plan. Also he got to particularly show off his swordsmanship this episode with some exceptionally nice choreography. Only in Sentai can a fight against a fishing pole monster look so cool! (And only in Sentai can a fight with a boat-head monster have such stakes!)

The actual meat of the story here, about the evil curse and the past was all really captivating too, even if most of it is just set-up for the next episode. I'm glad Mabushiina and her curse are being addressed sooner than later, since I really don't think this is a plotline that could have otherwise maintained my interest in the long-run. The core idea of Takamichi caring about her has been addressed before, but in this case it's painted as too narrow-minded a focus of his. Just how many things did Garuza teach him for the purpose of screwing him over in the future!?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

I know Garuza literally looks like an evil vizier, but that'd be some 4th dimensional plotting if he were thinking of screwing over Takamichi with advice that early in the game
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

It's your typical setup episode, nothing too special. Though I did find myself unintentionally laughing when the king yelled out "Aqua Kiramai Stone". Why not just call him "Aqua" for short?
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
indestructibleman
There are five lights!
There are five lights!

Post by indestructibleman »

Really enjoyed this one. The story was solid. I really enjoy seeing Takamichi and Mabushina's relationship. The choreography was excellent. But Mabushina's mom's wig is really really awful.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Huh, I wasn't expecting this to end up being a two-parter. It's a bit of an odd spot for one, I suppose, but I'll take it.

Anyhow, I don't have anything particularly good or bad to say about this episode. I really don't care for Princess Baby Puke, so it's hard for me to really be invested in this episode. But that's totally a me thing.

Otherwise, I think BreadToku is spot-on with his assessment that it's good they're dealing with Mabushina's curse and the dragon balls early, rather than dragging it out as a season-long arc. Get it done and out of the way.

That was a surprisingly elaborate flashback fight though. For something involving mostly supporting/one-off characters, they really put some production effort into it.

And the previously-unmentioned aqua stone has the ability to dispel curses. That's a rather specific ability.:lol:

Though I'm not sure what the moral of the week is supposed to be. Don't run off before the mecha fight begins? Be wary of getting motorboated?
Monkeyjb1988
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Time is the fire in which we burn.

Post by Monkeyjb1988 »

Pretty cool. To me, Kiramager episodes always start out iffy but always improve to the point of me loving them by the end. I don't know if it's just me and it's not exactly a high compliment but it's certainly not the worse way to do a show :)

RE the picture of the plushes on the main page: I SOOOOO hope that still happens... just realized as I was typing this that this year's team-up won't involve the Lupinrangers or Patrangers (facepalm while laughing). That said, I DO hope that there's still a Kira vs Ryu team-up despite COVID, even if it's delayed.

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”