Reiwa the First Generation released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:06 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
56%
☆☆☆☆
38%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 16
Masked Rider
Douza Uru Zazaado
Favorite series: Kamen Rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Shinkenyellow
Favorite Actor?: Ayumi Kinoshita
Favorite Band: Ayumi Hamasaki
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Shadow Kick!!!

Re: Reiwa the First Generation released

Post by Masked Rider »

I'll assume Ichi-gata has Progressive insurance. Being a motaur and all......
Kuchiri
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: LuPat
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger
Dreamy: There are alot.
Favorite Actor?: Alot of this too.
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Kuchiri »

Finally got around to catching up.

1. Zi-O is going to be the next Decade. Main series. Not so good, all the cameos with different...competent writers. Good it really helps that they only had like 15% of the screen time... and a majority of their lines were callbacks to the main series.

2. Makes me also wonder how many times Zi-O is going to erase everyone's memory and maybe the reaction's from Geiz and Tsu at the end of the movie makes them remember this is probably the tenth time he's done this and they are powerless to stop it. Zi-O is at this point of time, the most powerful Kamen Rider. I mean this Aruto doesn't even have Shining Hopper yet, it wasn't even a competition. If Another Ichigo was a Raidboss the DPS charts would be 98% Zi-O and 2% Zero-One at this point of time.

3. Gai's post credit scene thingy is weird... considering Horobi and Jin was Toei-Defeated which allowed him to create the powers. Of course this is like the OOOs movie and whoever was meant to be the Purple Greed.

Yeah, Good movie. I felt like they could've cut back on some fight scenes.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

a good movie, setting, zero one and ichi-gata suits, text and fights was awesome.

the only downside of this movie was that zi-o BS but without him no time travel/other reality.
Dareon
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Dreamy: Escape
Quote: Now, Count up your sins.

Post by Dareon »

So I know I'm late to this, but just been catching up on stuff and I don't usually watch the movies until after the series is done (personal preference.)
Chronologically
1. We got a nice clue about it being odd with the children humagear which was really nice as it let us have a tiny bit of time to sink in that something wasn't right.
2. Next little touch that I really liked was twofold. One was that they had Fuwa's gun's casings go and be shown on the ground when they first grab Aruto, which adds to the realism that makes us invested and then when they are being chased, one of the casings lands on Aruto's arm and he reacts to it like it's burning him, which it would definitely feel like, so really nice touches there.
3.Showing the map and there being pockets of resistance worldwide was also nice as it wasn't like Japan was the only country left.
4. While it was cool to see Fuwa fighting with all the guns, him not transforming right away was really dumb as it probably cost some lives. Yaiba is a slight bit more excusable as it made sense for her to be a sniper to start, but the moment they started to breach the gates, she should have henshined
5. It makes me wonder if all humans can use Forcerisers. If they can, that really could have been a good way for them to turn the tide even if it was painful to use. Wouldn't have stopped another Zero-One or Jin or Horobi, but still.
6. So.... his wish being the origin of Kamen Riders and in a way, starting the whole thing. Really big Rider Kick to the balls there.
7. Really cool touch on the energy on Ichi-Gata's neck looking like the muffler at times
8. So did one day Ark just decide to not keep full control of the Humagear? Kinda weird and arbitrary, but ok.
9. I love Woz just dragging the magear around.
10. I love seeing some Tsukuyomi fighting. Her using her timejacker powers was awesome as well as her Rider form, but really wish we got more between this and the series.
11. I do kinda like how the villain's schtick is that Kamen Riders were indeed originally meant as weapons against humanity. It's a constant theme of the franchise that I like.
All in all, a really good movie. I kinda think the lack of a focus on a single big battle and instead multiple smaller ones at the end was a really good choice and it revealed some new insights to the main story while not playing on the cliches of speeches changing everyone's mind or friendship or parenthood just auto winning. Definitely good.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

That was a good read. Good insights!
Dareon
Golden Knight
Golden Knight
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Dreamy: Escape
Quote: Now, Count up your sins.

Post by Dareon »

takenoko wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:25 am That was a good read. Good insights!
Thank you! This genre is something I adore not just for the flashiness, but the storytelling and little touches and reverences to cultures. It's thanks to you, the TV-Nihon team over the years, and all the people supporting you, that I found and am able to continue to enjoy this genre that I absolutely treasure. Thank you!
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Well that's very much appreciated. Thank you again!

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”