Kiramager Episode 28 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:41 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
85%
☆☆☆☆
15%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 28 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.75 / 5 stars (12 votes)

Alt Title:
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Re: Kiramager Episode 28 released

Post by Lunagel »

So I'm gonna hijack the thread for a bit to talk about the comedian act in this episode.

Shiguru and Jyuuru are imitating the currently quite popular Pekopa duo, as you can clearly see since we've included two of their sketches for your enjoyment (sorry for the shitty video quality, jp companies are RUTHLESS about taking stuff down from youtube). Now, manzai comedy has its roots in Abbot and Costello, and your very typical manzai follows that pattern. You've got a straight man and an idiot, the idiot says something stupid and the straight man corrects him in a comical way. However, Pekopa's skits reverse this pattern by having the straight man seeming to correct the idiot, but then turning around and agreeing with the idiot for a logical reason. It's a very refreshing change to normal manzai and the pair is arguably one of the hottest acts at the moment. Unfortunately manzai culture and the way Japanese itself is structured it doesn't lend itself to translation all that well, but hopefully it's at least a little entertaining.

< /end hijack>

Pretty fun episode. I feel like we haven't focused on Shiguru in a while so it was nice to get him back in the spotlight. Can't wait until the regular end theme song is back though.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Huh, now that you mention it, the whole series seems to be a big version of one of their skits. Eschewing the usual common sense things and agreeing with Jyuuru's off the wall moral of the week instead
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Loved this episode a ton. Every part of Shiguru's entertaiment routine was great, but the cut-in of him flying with those wings especially had me laughing. It all coming around to him getting a stone to cry alongside him, just like he was doing in the very beginning of the episode, was a really fun twist. I never get tired of him acting like a doofus, and yet he does actually manage to be sincerely cool every now and then.

Speaking of looking cool, that chase the rest of the team have in that warehouse to get the tablet was spectacular. I certainly don't believe it was actually one big take, but it's incredibly convincing and has all sorts of stylish moments sprinkled throughout. I'm glad they managed to make the monster visible in this episode instead of the next part, because I quite like the look of it! Even if it's totally going to bite it to the new mecha soon, I think it absolutely just looks and feels like a planet-threatening monster.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Forgot to post my notes!

What's Atamald? Is that a reference to something I'm not getting?

Is Shiguru on actor drugs? What's going on with him in this episode?

I hope Ha-san's idea that the enemy is having a projection on it is wrong. That's such a stupid premise when there's literal animals that change to camoflage with their background in real life

/me asks where the drums come from during Shiguru's song

So much spanking in Kiramager. Surely this is someone's thing on the staff

Ooh, another uncut long action scene? Nice!
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I really the part where Sayo just causally talks to Yodonna about their plan which Yodonna answers her question before realizing she was talking to the enemy. That remind me of Bugs Bunny so much.

Hakobuu reminds me of a bat when he was attacking so I was a bit disappointed when it transformed into a jet.
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

Kiramager episodes are usually really great. A Shiguru episode somehow always manages to rise above even that. I just don't understand how one character can be so good. I think the best part was when he reveals that the whole thing was his great master plan the whole time. Good shit.

The fight scene where they cut it to make it look like it was one take was really great as well. Another 10/10.
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Good god that fake long cut was pure fucking gold!!! They really should take a cue from the Showa era entries and do more of those in the future. As for Perfect Blue, I lost it and stopped giving a crap if anything made sense the moment Shiguru grew wings and started flying around. Everytime this shows goes totally "WTF" mode it makes me even more excited for the insanity that'll happen in the new season of Legends of Tomorrow xD
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

The only thing I was disappointed about this week was the preview for next week used (sort of) a concept I was working on with a new fanfic. Now everyone will think it is not original. :sob:

Great stuff though. The solo episodes continue to rule!
relax23456
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gobus,Gaim,Deka,Geki
2nd Favorite Series: W,MagiGokai,Blade
Alignment: Lawful Good
Quote: Stay hungry, stay foolish
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by relax23456 »

Hakubo somehow reminds me of goseired's dragon.
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

What exactly does a stone do while on vacation on another planet? The writing for this show is just the right amount of absurd which is great. Is it logical for Sayo to just casually walk up behind Yadonna and ask her a question? No, but it was still great.

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”