KR Zero-One 45 and Countdowns released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:39 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
58%
☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆
12%
☆☆
3%
3%

Total votes: 33
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Re: KR Zero-One 45 and Countdowns released

Post by windfall »

I suppose this could just be a matter of taste, but this finale did nothing for me. The writers tried to convey some meaningful message about the cycle of malice, loss, revenge, etc. But it just seems to hollow to me. Perhaps if this was a clash between humans and another life form that didn't have back ups and couldn't be rebuilt, then it would've had more of an impact. But both Horobi and Aruto grossly overreacted to Jin's "death" and nothing will convince me otherwise because both of them have already seen him come back from being destroyed once before. Honestly, the recent x-men comics, even with its own issues, handles this back up and and resurrection process much better. It really just boils down to the fact that death doesn't make sense as a source of grief when the people involved know that it's nothing more than a temporary inconvenience.

Also Aruto building a new Izu is creepy and further undermines the message of loss.
PDA
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool

Post by PDA »

resop2 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:36 pm I still don't understand why Aruto doesn't ask there to access all the non-destroyed humageers who interacted with Izu in the past to share their memories of her with Izu 0-2. What would be funny then is if Izu 0-2 sees her previous life from other people's point of view, and her first words after that are "President Aruto, do you realize that no one except for Fuwa thinks that your jokes are funny? Also, 67% of the other humageers think that Gyaru fashion would suit me better."

The final fight could have been named: "The Absolute Destiny As-pocalypse".

At least the finale did not use a cheap trick like - The Isu that was destroyed was a duplicate made by Isu 0-1 who had ran billions of simulations and this was the only plan that saved everyone."
shssh, let IZU keep dead in peace

my main concern before watch final episode was zero key revert back to izu brain pendrive and aruto using that to restore original izu, im glady that izu really died on final episode. was strange see izu 2.0 but that inst IZU that we know its just a simulacro of IZU, consequence of actions.
koleopteros
I am the new #2
I am the new #2

Post by koleopteros »

The scene of the new Thouser Dept was a gem of its own. I'm glad they closed the book on Gai's dept in that fashion.

Also love how they show disassembled airsoft too. Reminds me of my days when I used to maintain gearboxes. Lots of grease :<

My god, i'm glad I came back to watch Zero-One. This'll definitely go down in my books for must watch Kamen Rider Series.
Kurow
Mega
Favorite series: Ryuki
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Rina Akiyama (Agito)
Favorite Actor?: Hiro Mizushima
Favorite Band: Jam Project
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: girls
Quote: Ore Sanjou!
Type: ENFP Champion

Post by Kurow »

Thank you one more time for subbing another entire Kamen Rider show guys!

This was "ok" for the first rider of the Reiwa era. 3.5/5 for me. Good actors, effects and costumes but really bad and repetitive story with a lot of flaws.
Final Vent!
YuushaEX
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Ex-Aid
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Shinobi
Favorite Actor?: guy who plays dan kuroto
Favorite Band: The Primals
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
My boom: Final Fantasy
Quote: See you next game
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by YuushaEX »

Wow what a start to reiwa. Zero-one was great kinda lost track towards the end but and was a shame due to corona stopping production halfway. I thought Aruto and Horobi were staging the fight and planned to destroy Azu together but I guess not. Was still a great series but a few complaints. Kinda wish the driver was called the Binary driver rather than the zero one driver cause hey computer language am I right? Kinda wish they did more with the other forms but they used Metal Cluster Hoper for half that series when Shining Assault hopper was much more powerful and cooler. Still what a great series it was saber has a tough act to follow. When are we expecting Shinobi to have a full proper series btw? Also love how they teased the true ending movie with the introduction of EDEN the KAMEN RIDER wonder if he's gonna be a character throughout the entire reiwa series since i don't recognize the person from zero one and he did say he was going to destory THIS world. Can't wait for movie.
Transform your life into the best it can be!
scot64
Gao

Post by scot64 »

I was sad to see this series end even sadder that it was cut short.
The positive/negative Izu/Azu twists were great. Great job by Tsurushima Noa
When I saw the episode introducing Azu… I remember a song popping into my mind after ("She's the Devil in Disguise" by Elvis)
Episode 40 Toward My Dream and My Dream..... Wow, I was very moved by Tsurushima Noa's performance. I enjoyed the ending... I don't forgive you.
In the final scene (dark.. Azu /Ark ending) Seeing Azu as the black veil Bride of the Ark was interesting. But not surprising... Especially after Izu's emotional connection to Aruto shown in Ep 40 (and her feelings for Aruto)
In the final scene (light.. Aurto/Izu ending) Though sad, but hopeful. It is a chance for Izu to grow more in many ways when she reaches singularity (Hopefully by the Movie)
Well done to the cast and crew
Thank you to the TV-Nihon crew of this series... well done

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”