Kiramager Episode 30 + Safety video released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:32 am

☆☆☆☆☆
73%
☆☆☆☆
18%
☆☆☆
9%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 11
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 30 + Safety video released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.62 / 5 stars (13 votes)

Alt Title: Dolls

Wait, why can't they summon the king whenever they want? Excuse feels flimsy

"At least let me pose beautifully in death." Oh Sena

Kids, don't let yourselves get touched so you don't get the new corona- I mean get turned into a mannequin

Boo now it's a sausage fest

Lorenzini search?

There's no room for you in this gattai, so we're just going to toss you in Lego brick form as weapons

Next week is Toy Story
BreadToku
Gabu

Re: Kiramager Episode 30 + Safety video released

Post by BreadToku »

It's the obligatory side-character focus episode, and this one was pretty good. It's surprisingly not so much about Muryou himself and more in general about what he contributes to the team and how the others see him. I still stand by that Sentai casts rarely ever need to include mentor/civilian characters these when there's always going to be an average of 5+ regulars around, but if they're gonna be here, then I appreciate the show showing that they're not throwaway just because they don't transform into a superhero, and I think this episode was a cute way of doing that.
Zerato
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Kamen Rider Drive
2nd Favorite Series: Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger
Favorite Band: Starset
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: The guy who will bring about the end of the world...unless you give me a sandwich.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by Zerato »

Ya know, it's kinda a shame that pineapple boss didn't become a Kiramager, because that's a good looking costume. Also, his song might be my favorite of the character themes.
KR
Seen: Kuuga, Agito, 555-Ex-Aid; Amazons
Dropped: Build, Saber
Now: Ryuki, Gotchard
Fave: Drive

SS
Seen: Jetman, Dekaranger, Boukenger-Zyuohger; Akibaranger
Dropped:: Kyuranger, Kiramager
Now: King-Ohger
Fave: Kyoryuger
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Post by Catastrophe »

They did physically make the costume though, and with Sayo making that comment at the end, I'm not totalling ruling out him never not becoming Gold.

Pretty great episode regardless.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Maybe Pineapple man will wear it as a civilian
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

After entirely too long of a break, it's nice to have some spandex in my life once more!

Nothing about this episode was groundbreaking - and to be fair the show is just coming off of a major two-parter - but it was enjoyable enough. As the others have already pointed out, it's sort of the obligatory episode focusing on the support character, and it does a better job than most. Pineapple Boss doesn't get a lot of screentime overall, but his character and his relationship with the rest of the world has been very well defined from day 1, so the series is able to build off of that in this episode. And while it was obvious that becoming a Kiramager was a red herring plot, I like that they made his weapon upgrade something deeper than "I tinkered in a lab all episode to make the thing shoot twice as hard". If nothing else, in a roundabout way it helps to give an in-universe rationale for why Oladdin is going to show up time and time again.

And speaking of which, we now know what Oladdin did after he took off last episode: he's hanging out in another dimension... Yeah, that's kind of weak writing that just conveniently gets rid of him whenever the plot calls for it, but the writers did at least lay the groundwork for it. But I'm a bit more bummed by the fact that Princess Baby Puke hasn't been given a real moment with her father, even after the big two-parter was done. To be sure, I don't really care much for her, but it's a bit of a Checkov's Gun kind of situation: she's been bemoaning the loss of her father for so long that now that he's back, she should get a moment with him to help advance/resolve that plot thread.

Finally, I'm really starting to worry about whoever is coming up with the MOTWs. Mannequin Jamen may very well be the creepiest one yet.:shock:

PS Bless these subs. I swear I originally heard Mach say "penis" when he was calling Sena "truly a Venus"
takenoko wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:12 pm There's no room for you in this gattai, so we're just going to toss you in Lego brick form as weapons
They've done that a few times this season now. In some respects it's better than trying to make a massive cluster mecha. On the other hand, it sticks out when the best thing they can come up with is using the original mecha as projectiles...
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:16 am They did physically make the costume though, and with Sayo making that comment at the end, I'm not totalling ruling out him never not becoming Gold.
I would be shocked if he actually became Gold. But that is a really good point: they would have needed to spend a decent bit of effort to make a costume for a 5 second gag.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

>To be sure, I don't really care much for her,

Wait, tell us how you really feel about the princess lol

>PS Bless these subs. I swear I originally heard Mach say "penis" when he was calling Sena "truly a Venus"

Ah yes, the Japanese B/V being the same sound problem. Beenus
Catastrophe wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:16 am But that is a really good point: they would have needed to spend a decent bit of effort to make a costume for a 5 second gag.
I assert that Pikotaro commissioned it so he can wear it around in his daily life
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

For anyone interested in the full Traffic Safety video... give up. I looked into it, not only is it not for retail sale, but they're primarily selling it to public institutions, and since it'll be for public viewing, they're including the license to show it to a group. Which means that the price tag for this 19 minute video is... 60,000 yen (600 USD).

Considering that's basically our server costs for the year... yeah no. Maybe when I find it on auction in like 20 years.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:23 am I assert that Pikotaro commissioned it so he can wear it around in his daily life
I like that theory! What better way to remind everyone that you're on Kiramager than to run around in a golden spandex outfit during the day? :lol:
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

So if we give luna 600 dollars, you're saying we can get the safety video
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

takenoko wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:43 am So if we give luna 600 dollars, you're saying we can get the safety video
Even then, I imagine they'd want to know something about who's buying it. "We're buying it so that we can pirate it in America" probably won't go over very well with Toei. :P

Plus for all of 19 minutes of action, I can think of better things to spend $600 on.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

ViRGE wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:53 am
takenoko wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:43 am So if we give luna 600 dollars, you're saying we can get the safety video
Even then, I imagine they'd want to know something about who's buying it. "We're buying it so that we can pirate it in America" probably won't go over very well with Toei. :P

Plus for all of 19 minutes of action, I can think of better things to spend $600 on.
The form to fill out does require name/address/institution so it's kinda unlikely they'd sell to a private individual anyway
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

Sena in the safety video was primary there to hold Masshin Fire around.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Lunagel wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:55 am
ViRGE wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:53 am Even then, I imagine they'd want to know something about who's buying it. "We're buying it so that we can pirate it in America" probably won't go over very well with Toei. :P

The form to fill out does require name/address/institution so it's kinda unlikely they'd sell to a private individual anyway
Just say you're a teacher or something. That's true from a certain point of view
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

... i would have preferred a Kiramei Violet TBH ....

find the safety video in like 20 years ... well ... dare i say .... SUPER SENTAI IS FOREVER!
but seriously, 57 year old me would likely still be watching sentai so i hope you guys are still subbing, lord knows my lonely ass is picky about my subs lol ;_;

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”