Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

2020 a year in reflection

Post by takenoko »

Short list of things our group accomplished this year: Tokusatsu GAGAGA Blu-ray released, finished Ultraman R/B, DekaRanger, Garo Versus Road. Luna did her crazy long comedian thing. We did a bunch of commercials
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Video gamewise, I finally got the platinum for Monster Hunter World, it's DLC Iceborne, and Dark Souls II Scholar after putting it off a few years. Played the amazing Outer Wilds (but didn't finish it myself regrettably). Return of the Obra Dinn and Goose Game were cool too.
https://psnprofiles.com/takkynoko

Read some Demon Slayer this year, George Takei's graphic novel They Called Us Enemy about the Japanese prison camps, Bride's Story was a gorgeous manga series I started. Best book I read this year was probably The Last Wish, the first book in the Witcher series. (Info found on Goodreads)

Stuff I watched: Mando, The Witcher, Zoey's Extraodianary Playlist, You, Picard (did not like), Good Place finale, Bojack Horseman finale, The Boys (fantastic), Parasite, Knives Out, Clue (rewatch), Millennium Actress by Satoshi Kon (rewatch), JoJo Rabbit (great), Frozen II, Juno, Lego Movie 3D (you can watch 3D movies in PSVR), Okja, Kim's Convenience Store, Red Riding Hood (underrated), Community (amazing), Jim Henson's The Storyteller, Dredd 3D, Eight Grade (awkwardly funny), The Adventures of Tintin, Upload, Westworld season 3 (kinda disappointing), Red Dwarf The Promised Land (pretty good!), Hunt for the Wilderpeople by Taika Watiti, She-Ra finale, There Will Be Blood, Aladdn, What We Do in Shadow (hilarious), Umbrella Academy Season 2, Agents of Shield finale, Fleabag, Carmen Sandiego Season 3, Enola Holmes, Yuriyuri Sanhai, Queen's Gambit, Animaniacs 2020, started Kipo and the Age of the Wonderbeasts
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Remember, quality, not quantity
https://www.gocomics.com/nancy/2020/12/02

But yeah, despite everything I had a pretty good year. I'm pretty introverted in general so the lockdown didn't really affect me that much, which might be sad now that I think about it lol

I hope you guys are all okay and doing well! I know a lot of people are moving and making big life changes this year, so stay safe, everyone!
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Re: 2020 a year in reflection

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Just want to say about TV-Nihon, thanks guys. I'm sure lots of people have said this to you lots of times, but I just got to know about TV-Nihon this year. But I guess better late than never. So yeah I'm happy that I got to know about you guys. I also only got into Super Sentai last year, so thanks for all you guys' hard work over the years. Thanks for helping us watch and love the things we love without us having to work hard for it. You guys are AWESEOME!
Also for listening to what we say and responding to it, even if it is annoying and dumb. I'm also happy because I found one more community/group where I'm NOT a TOTAL misfit.
Sorry for all the trouble I cause, however, wherever, whenever it may be. Super grateful, appreciate it a lot. In the end, Arigatou Gozaimashita.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

The lockdown didn't really affect me as well. Sure lot of us tend to break the rule by going out on many reasons, as long as we wear face masks. For the first few months of the virus outbreak, I pretty much went out everyday trying to get food supplies, living supplies, and face mask boxes. It was difficult to get a bag of rice, a pack of tissue rolls, bottles of hand soap, and boxes of face masks since these are the basic things for us to survive from this virus.

I pretty much enjoyed my life until the end of the day time:
- Drinking Mocha, Latte, or Cappuccino
- Going to a bookstore to read books about design or literature
- Lining up for Sushiro
- Walking around a shopping mall for 2 hours
- Visiting family and having dinner together at their own home

I also spent quite a bit of money:
- Buying a Canon Lide 400 Scanner for scanning
- Buying a couple of hardcover graphic novels from Amazon: Batman Year One 2005 deluxe edition, Batman Asylum Serious House 15th anniversary edition, Batman Adventures Mad Love, Marvel's Spider-Man The Art of the Game, and Ultimate Spider-Man Vol 1

My family have been hard core watching Korean dramas most of their time. I don't normally enjoy much, but I like a few of these K-dramas:
- W: Two Worlds (2016)
- Signal (2016)
- Doctor Stranger (2014)
- LIVE (2018)
- Stove League (2019)
- The K2 (2016)
- Kill me Heal me (2014)
- It's okay, That's Love (2014)
- Pinocchio (2014)
- Lawless Lawyer (2018)
- Secret Garden (2010)

Yup, I did a good job in staying safe despite breaking the rule most of the time.

I'm looking forward to everything resume normal next year.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

There's Sushiro in cananda?
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

takenoko wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:43 am There's Sushiro in cananda?
I’ve been lying in my profile for years. :wink: :wink: :wink: Actually, I’m from Hong Kong.
Hoshinger
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Maskman
Dreamy: Luka Milfy

Post by Hoshinger »

It's been crazy. For me, two days before everything shut down I passed my exam to be a massage therapist and still haven't found proper work in that field. While I kept in contact with friends, I enjoy the face to face contact. At least I was able to churn out a few poems for people to read and one of them concerned a Vietnam War veteran because of the topic. If anyone wants a copy let me know. This lead to a lucky chance to be a part of a Veteran's hump march where we walked from a local college, hung Old Glory on a rock wall and then walked all the way into town for a lunch and drinks. I got to hold the POW flag and it felt so good to be outside with such great people. For a video of the event look up Radish Poet Showings on YouTube for 10-25 Veteran's Hump March.

As for the virus, three negative tests and no friends lost, but I've heard about people who died. While I don't know the causes of death, some of them died with CO-VID and not because of it and I worry about going to crowded places. Any time I sent out an email or text and don't get a quick response, I wonder if anything will come before getting upsetting news. We all need friends and if we lost one after knowing them for so long, how can we keep it together?

Return to “Off Topic”