Kiramager Episode 35 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:36 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
65%
☆☆☆☆
29%
☆☆☆
No votes
☆☆
6%
No votes

Total votes: 17
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 35 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.67 out of 5 (15 votes)

Alt Title: Cartoons that let characters get drunk

Mabushiina isn't my favorite character, but there's a lot of fun in this episode. Especially the format of slowly revealing what happened that night

RIP HQ table

Can we have more monsters with unique weaknesses? That was fun

Oh hai Matsumoto Hiroya were you here too? More chances to see Yodonna's tongue. Although the visual gags of her having a bunch of ice cream in the background was pretty funny

Mabushiina is writing nonense. All those characters are the same...
Go-On Macaroni
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top
Type: INFP Healer

Re: Kiramager Episode 35 released

Post by Go-On Macaroni »

I thought this episode was hilarious. Particularly because in some twisted, inebriated way, Mabushiina's logic tended to make sense. "My brother's in the monster? Well, I'll just put the monster in the robot then. The other robots require pilots so that's all that this one needs, right?" or her chagrin over how long the Kanaema Stone plot was taking leading her to try finding it herself. Finding the stones involves digging, right? Clearly, this must work! :lol:

Also, I'm calling it now. Ice candy is toku's version of doughnuts and it will lead to Yodonna's redemption.
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

I see Toei let Matsumoto Hiroya out if the basement again.

Those are probably the same ice candy props they used for OOO.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Nah, Ankh's were more phallic shaped, like popsicles. These ice pops were the fatter less phallic versions
kevinlafriday
Infinity

Post by kevinlafriday »

Ah...recently kiramager episodes are so much fun
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

This episode was funny. It’s a nice light-hearted episode that focuses on being entertaining. I love Kiramager. It has had proper amount of episodes focusing on the story and episodes that are just supposed to entertain without being totally ridiculous and pointless.
This is the first time I’ve seen Muryo sarcastic and angry, specifically at Mabushiina.
Why were they trying to predict the Jamenjuu’s activities exactly? Shouldn’t they just attack when they have a chance?
Mabushiina’s mouth doesn’t open even when she talks. How was she drinking without her mouth opening in the scene?
Again with Takamichi’s gibberish language….. Did anyone in Crystalia actually use those terms??
Wow, Mabushiina’s drunk look is horrible!! And wow do they get drunk with even the slightest bit of Japanese tea!! And why were the others just standing there instead of trying to stop Mabushiina before she drank even more???
Do Crystalians become stronger after getting drunk???….. I have a feeling they’re trying to reference to the Akibaranger episode where they get drunk to become stronger.
Where were the Kiramagers when Mabushiina was going wild? They usually hang out at the CARAT HQ, right?
Sena’s running and acting without thinking is back!....
Am I the only one who doesn’t like cold things like Ice cream in winter?
Since when do the Kiramagers trust everything Yodonna says? And the Kiramagers just ran away, leaving Yodonna to do as she wills? It was funny when the ice pop went in Yodonna’s mouth and then she went, “Tasty!” Lol… Does Yodonna not torture humans for dark energy every time she comes to earth now? It’s funny seeing Yodonna acting curious like an actual human here… when she went, “What’s she doing?” And then she’s just stealing food she likes from humans. Now she’s acting pretty much like Cruntula with her fascination with earthly customs(mainly food).
Why was Mabushiina carrying Takamichi around on her back?
So apparently anyone can summon the Shiny Breaker now? And Shiny breaker is actually a conscious being who can move on its own or when it is ordered by people?
Was the Becchat helping Golf Jamen a female one or did its voice just sound like that?
So the stones(Monstones or Kanaemma stones) in Kiramager can easily be absorbed by anything and anyone….??
I wish they had put Mabushiina to sleep somehow rather than Takamichi taking her with him or following her around. The Nemure Soul would be useful here…lol.
I like that they can summon their Mashin anytime they want and for pretty much anything. Like that attempted sky attack the last episode and this time Zabyun to get Drijan out of the water.
Mabushiina’s self-esteem has been completely ruined…. Lol.
They’re pretty much asking all the villains around for what happened and what they saw. And they’re also trusting them and taking it to be exactly what they say. So at least the Yodonheim army speak the truth….??? And they’re having a ceasefire this episode and understanding each other’s situation??? That’s what the whole episode is about.
I forgot, how do they collect Dark Energy again? As in what type of human emotion is it generated from?
The Kiramagers come up with interesting nicknames when trying to guess the Jamenshis’ names. Reminds me of Marika (from Dekaranger) doing the same for the Kaijukis.
Beware of crazy drunk Crystalians kids!! They do crazy ridiculous stuff like taking an enemy Jamenshi inside of the Mashins.
Drunk Mabushiina reminds me of Raptor 283’s angry state. I think their voices sound similar.
This episode had more dialogues from the villains than the Kiramagers. Lol.
So, the Yodonheim army becomes unconscious because of fresh water?? They can use this weakness of theirs against them in battle you know…
Why was their plan to protect the Jameju instead of trying to just rescue Takamichi?
So Tametomo is the only one who summons the Grateful Phoenix without requesting Oladin? Still the pride old self or is it that they don’t have to request the king anymore?
They took so long to figure out that Taka has no control over the Jamenjuu? He fused with it, he didn’t take control of it when he went inside!!!
Takamichi took more than a day to figure out the Golf Jamen’s weakness…. How slow is he??
Miso Ramen????!!! Sena…?
They put a SPARKLING ball in his hole, and the Jamenshi exploded…… Simple, huh?
Wow, they eventually had Garuza destroy their own Jamenjuu…And why’d the Joukey turn around after destroying it? Did they intend on giving it a victory pose?
Why do all the letters in the Crystalian language look soooo similar. Do they have any difference at all?
It’s good that Japan has no restrictions about showing alcoholic drinking and mature things like that on kids’ media. I guess it prepares kids and teaches them how to act in situations like these in the future, maybe….??
They’re seriously going all wild and all out this season. That’s mostly good for the season and has paid off. I just hope, whatever they do, they do it well and make it enjoyable and good.
Spoiler
Has TOEI been putting Rap in everything lately? First KR Zero-One and now Kiramager? Another wild episode next time.
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:58 am
Do Crystalians become stronger after getting drunk???….. I have a feeling they’re trying to reference to the Akibaranger episode where they get drunk to become stronger.
Not really, both are referencing the Jackie Chan movie Drunken Master. Pretty much any time you see someone fighting while drunk it's referencing/spoofing/homaging that.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunken_Master
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Lunagel wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:12 am
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:58 am
Not really, both are referencing the Jackie Chan movie Drunken Master. Pretty much any time you see someone fighting while drunk it's referencing/spoofing/homaging that.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drunken_Master
Oh. I didn't know that. Lol.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

Fantastic episode in my book. There's not a single second that went by where I wasn't either really amused or laughing out loud. The running gag of Mabushiina learning something was her fault followed by a flashback, Yodonna's quest for ice-cream, everything about how they finish off the golf monster, it's just a ridiculous ride from start to finish and I was into it the whole time.

Though this episode does the raise the question if they're ever going to actually do anything about those stones that presumably grant a wish. I had honestly forgotten about that plot point!
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Fun episode as always. I love that show.

By the way, it wasn't uploaded in the dropbox.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

... wasnt the "kurrimassu" episode i thought this week might deliver, and filler at this point feels ... no ...
1 thing though, never thought id see a partial team ranger ball using a golf ball. so that was neat i guess.
resop2
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shabon 5
2nd Favorite Series: Treasure 5

Post by resop2 »

I laughed from start to finish.

Step 1 in Yodonna going the Nephrite route. Nephrite dies while Naru was telling them that she didn't get treated to a parfait, so ice cream is in common. Too bad she isn't going to fight with Ankh over a popsicles.

Looking forward to next week with the funky fresh jam master Yodonna.

They should use drunk Mabushiina in an arrow attack since her head will crush anything.

If Yodonna develops human emotions will Sena fall in love with her because she is quirky and emotional?
WannaFantaMan
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Legends of Tomorrow
2nd Favorite Series: Boku no Hero Academia
Dreamy: I have too many to list xD
Favorite Actor?: Kevin Conroy
Favorite Band: Hanson
My boom: Fallout 4 and Elden Ring
Quote: AH, BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!!! My mortal enemy!
Type: ESFJ Provider

Post by WannaFantaMan »

Even after watching this episode, I have no idea what the fuck I actually saw. This episode had Akibaranger levels of WTFness, hell I was laughing so hard at one point I almost spit out the ramen I had in my mouth. If I could give this episode a 10/5 I would xD
chronoxiong
Salami Commander
Favorite series: Shinkenger/Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Double
Dreamy: Keiko Kitagawa
Favorite Band: One Ok Rock
Quote: "Walking the path of Heaven, the man who will rule over everything." -Tendou Souji

Post by chronoxiong »

Japanese Tea? Lol. I knew when they showed that bottle up close, it wasn't going to be normal tea. Had a hunch it was pretty much beer but this is a kid's show, it has to be something else. This is an episode that you know will never adapted for the American audience. Reminds me of the Master Roshi drinking beer censorship where his beer became root beer or some other kind of drink too lol. Anyways, funny episode. Lots of crazy stuff happened as the crew tried to figure out what happened after Mabushiina got drunk.
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

Now this is the kind of irreverent, madcap episode I expected after that two-parter a couple of weeks back. Sooner or later, Toei's always going to go for a breather.

And what an absurd episode it was. Toei didn't just go for a lighthearted episode, but doubled-down on the hijinks entirely. The result is a pretty weird - and decidedly Japanese - episode, but it was definitely entertaining from start to end.

Like Take, I don't care much for Malibu Shiina, so using her as a comedic foil rather than as a damsel in distress or pearl-clutcher made for a much more entertaining use of the character. She indeed got involved in some pretty wacky stuff, and yet the writing on this episode was tight enough that it all made sense, narratively speaking, and the episode didn't devolve into just being a series of gags. It's definitely a trick that will only work once, but it's well-played here.

And surprisingly, there was a rather good mecha fight in the middle of all of this! Not only did they dedicate more time than usual to the big bots, but it's a pretty intense fight. There's lots of robo-tussling and some nice, advanced-level shots such as Greatful Phoenix landing. So even though it was a comedy episode, it didn't let down with the action either.

On which note, 3 Smog Joukey appearances in 3 weeks! Everyone take a shot! Someone at Toei/Bandai really wants to sell some more DX Smog Joukeys for Christmas, it seems! :P

Speaking of taking a shot, Golf Jamen sure was fun. I liked that they gave him a stereotypical delinquent voice and attitude, and his whole schtick of golfing humans into upright trash cans was more humorous than it had any right to be.:lol: His caddie makes me curious about something, however: are Japanese golf caddies normally women? Golf Jamen's was distinctly feminine, which stands out since Bechats are normally male.

Finally, there are too many good gags here to list all of them. Yodonna becoming fixated on ice cream, a wild Magi Yellow Beet Buster Hoshi Minato Hiroya Matsumoto appears, Garuza thinking he's eliminated Silver, etc. This is not an episode that was lacking in things to laugh at, to say the least.:)
takenoko wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 7:36 pm Mabushiina is writing nonense. All those characters are the same...
Well in fairness, they're not all the same. There are several distinct characters in there. But there are a lot that are so similar that I'm not sure if they're repeats or not...
Lunagel wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:30 am Those are probably the same ice candy props they used for OOO.
Just thinking out loud here, but wouldn't it be easier to just use actual ice pops? They're not exactly expensive.
BreadToku wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:56 am Though this episode does the raise the question if they're ever going to actually do anything about those stones that presumably grant a wish. I had honestly forgotten about that plot point!
IIRC, they already have 3 of the 4, right? So I imagine they're holding off until the series' endgame, as that'll probably be the macguffin that the bad guys need to fully bring over Emperor Yodom.
Last edited by ViRGE on Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”