Project Thouser Part 2 released

Everything starts at 0. I mean 1.
Forum rules
Kamen Rider Zero-One Wiki Link

< Zi-O | Zero-One |

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Project Thouser Part 2 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

This was alright. But as usual, wish this plot stuff wasn't cut out of the sorely ill-conceived job competition arc and served months later on the Blu-ray

Also, I guess Naki is the secret MVP of the series, but only if you watch the Blu-ray special footage? Huh??? I also think it's bad that the planning is so poor that they can only make the stories line up by having Naki get reset, thus explaining her confusing characterization in the series proper

If the next special is anything like the previous Rider Blu-ray specials, it'll probably suck and not contain anything relevant to wrap up the stories
Catastrophe
ZECT
ZECT
Favorite series: Kyoryuger
2nd Favorite Series: W
Quote: "When I first started, I knew everything about nothing and have progressed in the subsequent two decades, realising that now I know practically nothing about everything"

Re: Project Thouser Part 2 released

Post by Catastrophe »

The problem I have with these things is that there are like one or two useful things that happen on the entire special that wouldn't have taken up much of the runtime in the series proper. Also, the fact that 01 has been done for months, I'm not invested any longer and don't care.
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

It's interesting: in one sense, story stuff is what helps specials like these become relevant. They're not just entirely pointless or useless bits of fluff because they do contribute some notable points to the plot. On the other hand though, like others have said both now and in the past, a lot of it is probably stuff that would've been better served being in the main show to begin with.

So where's the balance, do you think? If they have to make these specials, what would make them relevant whilst also not taking anything away from the rest of the show?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Instead of cutting it off and serving it piecemeal, just integrate it into the fucking show. If they want to do bonus content for the Blu-rays, just make it silly fun stuff with the characters like the Is's Room stuff

You shouldn't lock story beats behind Blu-ray sets that cost a lot of money to buy. That's not a good business plan
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

The Decade Net Movies were prime examples of this. Were they related to the story? Not particularly. Were they interesting and fun to watch? Hell yes.
Layton13
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen Rider W
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider OOO
Quote: It's showtime!

Post by Layton13 »

This felt like a weird time capsule.

Like, it feels like it wants to have so many revelations so when you look back you're shocked how much they planned ahead, but in reality, it doesn't really amount to anything than patch up questions that needed a far more thorough explanation in the show proper. Like, big ZAIA guy amounted to next to nothing in the grand scheme of everything, even more so now that it's revealed he worked on Ark as well.

Also, the plan to kill Ark is just dumb. Like, you could have just bombed the shit out of it once Metsubo was out of the picture, and given how Ark ended up being revived multiple times anyway, it never would have worked. And that just reminds me that Ark somehow was dumb enough to completely transfer itself out of the satellite from underwater and...

Yep, it's official, this was the last pin that was needed to sour me on Zero-One completely and really drive home how much of a complete cobbled together mess that show was for me. It's good to enjoy Rider again ever since it's over.
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru
Favorite series: Gokaiger
2nd Favorite Series: Kamen Rider Zi-O
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Quote: Heeeennnssshhhiiiiiiinnn...!!!

Post by Dark Ren »

Is there going to be a 720p release like Part 1?
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

We didn't release a 720 for part 1 or 2???
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Dark Ren »

I'm sorry looks like I didn't word it correctly.

There is Project Thouser 1 HD720, which is in torrent named "Kamen Rider Zero-One 32v2 + Project Thouser 1 HD720"

But so far there is no Project Thouser 2 HD720, only SD and HD1080
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Is there? I don't seem to have an avs script for it on my computer and it's not listed on the wiki
Dark Ren
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Post by Dark Ren »

Ok, now I'm feeling so stupid

I thought the torrent "Kamen Rider Zero-One 32v2 + Project Thouser 1 HD720" means the Project Thouser file also in HD720. It's turn out that Project Thouser 1 are in HD1080 :shock:

My bad. Please ignore my last 2 posts :lol: . I'm sorry if I make some confussion. Cheers
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

No worries!
Twilights_Bard

Post by Twilights_Bard »

I have a big question for this 3 part special. Who is Gai supposed to be? Because I really don't feel that anyone seems to have a clear image of him in their heads. If they wanted Gai to come across as this manipulative ass who does have lofty goals and isn't afraid to do what he has to to get them done....then you've successfully destroyed that image for me completely before the end of the series even happened, but this would have done the job even faster. Having to see Gai's setbacks and his fumbles doesn't make his character better, it kinda weakens what I feel they were trying to do with him. They did a good job of making me hate him in the series up until a point, but this kinda seals that he really had no clue what he was doing.

Return to “Kamen Rider Zero-One”