Kiramager Episode 37 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:56 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
57%
☆☆☆☆
24%
☆☆☆
19%
☆☆
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 21
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 37 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.13 of 5 stars (16 votes)

Alt Title: Sena Sentai

Poor Sayo, wearing shorts in this weather

Anyone else think Sena 5 was going to walk into the ocean before Sayo caught her?

So in the end, why did Yodom want to meet with Oladdin?

Yodom's real form is kinda unusual, I don't know what to think of it

When did they get the third kanaemastone?

That's weird, so they put down a credit for the server at the cafe and the father in the car, but not the wife or daughter
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Re: Kiramager Episode 37 released

Post by msf232 »

I think there could've been more scenes with the five Senas, they were split apart for a really short time. Those scenes felt really good.

Also, PPAP yay!

If the Yodom guy is inside Yodonna, how did Kurantula speak with him?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, this episode's plot felt super short. Like it felt like barely anything happened. Even the thing with Sena felt like super easy to fix. Not that any of this was bad, it's just very simplistic?
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

takenoko wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:56 pmWhen did they get the third kanaemastone?
It was in the same episode that Yodonna made her first appearance. The third stone was used to make the super bow.
Dengar
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Gaim
2nd Favorite Series: Agito
Alignment: Lawful Good

Post by Dengar »

So I guess now that they have all their mechs assembled nothing can really stop them anymo-

Emperor: Allow me to introduce myself.

Like, literally.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

An awesome episode! Sena’s my favorite character from Kiramager. Loved going deeper into her personality, thoughts and mind. 5/5 stars from me.
So Cruntula’s still alive. Guess they didn’t kill him off so soon after all. Sad that now he won’t be so interesting anymore.
So that’s what the real incident behind splitting the Bomb Jamen was……..
Even Yodonna can’t contact Emperor Yodon directly huh? Wow, she was really annoyed at the thought of Krunchula meeting him personally… lol.
Wow, they were really trying to draw attention to the scene after the OP huh? That slo-mo bit with the BGM… lol. Really showed off the dresses and the actresses… Nonetheless, I loved Sena’s SUPER CUTE dress!!
Even Sayo didn’t expect Sena to decide what to eat that fast. Sena has really grown up!! She has learned to think a few steps ahead!! Yay!! Love her!
This episode, we understood a bit more about why Sena is fast. And she doesn’t just run without thinking into any situation.
Wow, she even thought about a backup career plan. Working at a hamburger shack doesn’t sound so bad.
There’s Sena’s acting without thinking personality spilling the secret of Oladin’s secret land…..
So they’re probably not gonna give up on the “Mach in lust with Sena” storyline till the end…. Huhhhh…. Is that a really popular and important thing for Kiramager?
What happened to Tametomo when he saw the athletic Sena….??? Did he always appreciate Sena’s athletic side so much? Or is he in love with Sena too…? Is he…?
The cute and enthusiastic Sena is probably the one who acts without thinking every time…. I loved all those Senas taking that selfie though. The athletic Sena sure was looking happy in those selfies. Lol.
OMG! The serious Sena actually looked like Yua(her face looked like Yua) for a sec there in the scene where she was analyzing herself being split into 5.
So, Juru prefers the emotional Sena huh…? Why did she have to hug Juru…? WHY JURU??!!
Sena 5 is scary and dark!!! Even though she’s the pessimistic Sena, she is still smart and thoughtful. What she said actually made sense.
Wow!! The Senas smushing into one scene was funny!!! Emotional Sena: “Here I come!”(gives a big hug to the Sena 1+2)
Seriously???! The pessimistic Sena is already down, and they were all agreeing on getting rid of her…?? The others are just too cruel!!
Wow, all those numbers together on her head was really looking ridiculous!! A little bit like the Riders’ helmets from Saber… LOL….
I like it when Sena and Tametomo team up. They make a great team. It’s nice to see Tametomo copilot the King Express Zabyuun with Sena.
Sena was fast. Is this the fastest the King Express Zabyun has ever been? It was nice to see Sena run wild this time. Loved the mech battle this episode too. It was humorous.
I love seeing Sena with her hair down. She looks so much prettier.
I loved that scene when they were trying to convince Sena 5 to come back. It was well executed. The atmosphere was really touching. I loved it every single time the Senas hugged to merge back! Although, I don’t get why Sena went to the beach in the first place. Was she trying to drown herself? She went there all dressed-up and with a bag, and then she laid her hair down. And when Sayo came after her, she ran into the sea. What would she have done if Sayo hadn’t come?
I loved how they dealt with the story and situation. Has a lot to teach. “You can’t get rid of a certain side of someone/thing just because it appears to be bad. You have to work on it, deal with it and appreciate it to some extent”- the message was delivered nicely.
Although it would’ve been nice if the process of them merging back would’ve been more complicated and to see them try to figure the way to unite the Senas again, the episode has enough elements to make this episode a spectacular one.
It’s pleasant to see the Evil King Express return. Why didn’t they acknowledge that Tametomo was taken hostage with Mashin Express this time? Is it because he’s a guy?
They cut Yodonna’s fight with the girls short. That was disappointing….. Would’ve liked it better if the girls got a good fight scene. Guess it can’t be helped because of the Emperor’s debut.
So the Emperor WAS inside Yodonna all this time…. Scary…. Everyone in the show is surprised.
Man, when Yodonna turned into the Emperor, and she brought out that tongue of hers, it was truly creepy. I got goosebumps.
The Emperor is scary, but slightly different from Juru’s drawings.
So the Earth is not prepared enough or the Emperor isn’t strong enough for him to stay on Earth in his true form yet….
The Emperor’s entrance was nicely done too. Properly placed and timed into the season. I don’t have any complains about it.
I felt sad for Yodonna for being the only one left in the dark about how she is related and connected to the Emperor….. Lol. Her being “Where’s the Emperor …?” right after he came out and returned inside her body was really interesting… Here she was totally acting desperate like a human. The Emperor is CRUEL for not even telling Yodonna about how he is using her. Now this makes me want a redemption arc for Yodonna. Not like “Tametomo saves her with love” though. I only want her redemption because this episode makes me pity her even more.
Over all, it was a SPECTACULAR episode with a proper ending scene. LOVED IT!!
Spoiler
So the story of the Kanaemma stones resume next episode. Another cavity monster. Was Kyoryuger the last time they had a cavity monster or was it used in any other season after Kyoryuger?
I’m looking forward to how they show the relation between Takamichi and Garza, the uncle and nephew enmity and Graduel, another element from the culture of Crystalia.
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Phoenix512
Rising to the Top
Rising to the Top

Post by Phoenix512 »

I like how Kurantula is still alive since it made sense and rather clever.

Yodom reminds me of an Ultraman final boss. If the left mask is the one that has Yodonna, I wonder what the right mask is supposed to be?
BreadToku
Gabu

Post by BreadToku »

The A-plot of the episode with Sena and Sayo was a fairly straightforward kind of sentai story with the usual moral, you shouldn't just push aside feelings like fear or worry because they can be good for you too. It's just... I really liked the big scene of the two talking it out in the water, but it felt so strangely intense, yet unironically dramatic for what an absurd situation it was. I mean, Sena still had that stupid number 5 sticker visible on her coat the whole time so we don't forget during this emotional scene that 'oh right, she got split into five and this is about convincing her to be merged back with the rest'. It didn't not work, but it sure felt strange and not in Kiramager's usual intentional way.

Also it's the big evil emperor! And it's Yodonna without her knowing it's her! Hard to come up with much to say about it at this moment past the initial shock and awe, but I am very much appropriately shocked and awed.
Last edited by BreadToku on Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mandalori
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Dreamy: Koyomi / Rian
Quote: Lost in Thoughts All Alone

Favorite Super Sentai : Goseiger / Kyoryuuger / ToQger / Kyuuranger
Favorite Kamen Rider : Wizard / Gaim / Ex-Aid / Build / Zero-One
Favorite Garo : Yami Wo Terasu Mono / Gold Storm Shou / Kami No Kiba

Post by Mandalori »

Liked that episode. That Yodonna is the vessel for Yodom is fitting because of her name and that we haven't seen the Emperor much since the beginning so something was preventing him from appearing and he created/possessed Yodonna as a workaround. Now, was she solely created by Yodom, or was she an Earthling initially that got captured/possessed by Yodom at some point of the invasion? Since she said she hasn't seen Yodom, I doubt she was from Yodomheim before he went into her.
So, Juru likes the emotional Sena huh…? Why did she have to hug Juru…? WHY JURU??!!
Actually, it's the other way around. She's the one that hugged him while he was looking uncomfortable.
It's funny that they're basically teasing two threesomes so far : Sena with Jyuru (episode 2) and Tametomo (Sena fangirling over Tametomo's gaming in an early episode), and Sayo with Shiguru and Takamichi (during Sayo's date episode and during her meeting for Takamichi for the latter). I'm don't think we've seen that recently in SS.

I like Sena-5 more than the others, because I tend to like the insecure/depressed one. The athletic one seems to tease a Sena/Tametomo, while the emotional Sena tease a Sena/Jyuru. The analytical Sena and the pessimist Sena shows hidden depths that we wouldn't guess at first view but that make perfectly sense in retrospect, especially when those two are combined. You're see the worst scenario, so you find ways to deal with them.

It also show something that we tend to forget : even in fiction, even when it's not apparent, peoples are more than what we see, especially in the constraint of a narrative.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron

Post by takenoko »

I'm glad to see Crunchula is still alive!
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Alignment: Neutral Good
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

I suspect this would have been 2 separate episodes if the pandemic didn't happen. Not that the pacing was bad, but the appearance of the emperor certainly overshadowed everything else.
Thenosa Yechette wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:07 am It’s pleasant to see the Evil King Express return. Why didn’t they acknowledge that Tametomo was taken hostage with Mashin Express this time? Is it because he’s a guy?
I think he was in Zabyun and not Express.
midorininger
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Favorite series: Shinkenger
2nd Favorite Series: Dekaranger
My boom: Transformers

Post by midorininger »

my only issue with the episode was the beach. like what was moddy sena about to do? she let her hair down, if she had taken her shoes off i think it would have been darker, but was she going into the ocean to end it all? i only thought that because she ran away from Sayo INTO THE WATER like its still winter! that had to have been cold AF! but there didnt seem to be any point to them being in the water, they could have ran on the nice less cold sand and had the same thing. did they really just want to get the girls wet?
The Yodona being Yodom was interesting but they hinted at her being a vessel for him in some way last week. i kinda felt they were going to go the route of he sees everything through her and she was merely his puppet, which i guess is still true, but he is her and isnt her. hm!
Aeikozz
Faiz
Favorite series: Decade
2nd Favorite Series: Kabuto
Dreamy: Smart Brain Lady
Favorite Band: Bennie K
Alignment: Chaotic Good

Post by Aeikozz »

i wouldn't mind having 5 senna's ^_^
best episode of the season
vasyear
7X
Quote: don't piss on my leg and tell me its raining

Post by vasyear »

HOLY SHIT this got DARK!
If Sayo wasn't there Sena 5 would've committed suicide, this is another reaction to COVID clearly and mad respect for TOEI for putting that subject matter in a kids show,
incredible work by both actresses, the desperation in their eyes, taking of the hair tie (whatever you call them) THAT'S when you knew she WAS going to happen she was going into the sea and nothing could stop her, the hair tie is a big part of Sayo cause it relates to her runner background taking it of was 5's way of saying "I am no longer Sayo" "I’m nothing" I hope this brings Sayo and Sena together and make them better friends
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

vasyear wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:41 am HOLY SHIT this got DARK!
If Sayo wasn't there Sena 5 would've committed suicide, this is another reaction to COVID clearly and mad respect for TOEI for putting that subject matter in a kids show,
incredible work by both actresses, the desperation in their eyes, taking of the hair tie (whatever you call them) THAT'S when you knew she WAS going to happen she was going into the sea and nothing could stop her, the hair tie is a big part of Sayo cause it relates to her runner background taking it of was 5's way of saying "I am no longer Sayo" "I’m nothing" I hope this brings Sayo and Sena together and make them better friends
She had a bag though. Do people commit suicide with luggage in hand? Genuine question. And if she was actually going to kill herself, why would she run away from Sayo along the sea instead of into it?
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.

Return to “Mashin Sentai Kiramager”