My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Saber 20 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Week's rating: 3.82 /5 stars (11 votes)

The very setup for Saber does it no favors. It feels like the episodes are 90% action scenes with the rest devoted for story development and comedy beats. Rintarou and Touma finally have a real conversations, that lasts all of two sentences before Touma says the thing that would instantly make Rintarou turn on him again. Stupid

There's no real story to be had if the characters can't even have a meaningful conversation with each other. And swordman's man-out-of-time act isn't enough to keep the story entertaining or drive it forward

Everything about this series is the worst, which can be embodied in Ren. The four-way fight sucked. A fight between Ren and Touma would have been good, since Ren thinks he has legitimate reasons for fighting Touma. But there's no reason for Desast and one of the Megiddo guys to be there

tldr: No one cares because you have a dumb bullshit story

It's interesting that Mei uses uchi instead of watashi to say "I". Her helping Yuuri transform was probably the better scenes in this episode, since it was funny? You can't have them carry the show with just Yuuri and Mei antics
TheNinjaDragon
Hyakkiyakou wo Buttagiru

Re: KR Saber 20 released

Post by TheNinjaDragon »

I'm just waiting for a few people to start trashing on Ren soon. 🍿
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

Ren should be renamed as the Sword of the Moron.

The entire time he was just finding excuse to be stupid!
Lunagel
Mofu~
Favorite series: Magiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Gekiranger

Post by Lunagel »

Ren for dumbass of the year
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate

Lunagel wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:32 am Ren for dumbass of the year
Sinceh is introduction, Tassel become less annoying and Mei is becoming more useful of an ally as time progresses.
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Yeah, what's going on with Tassel. They're doing weird things with his introductions lately, and he didn't even do an outro this time
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate

takenoko wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:18 am Yeah, what's going on with Tassel. They're doing weird things with his introductions lately, and he didn't even do an outro this time
Saving time I believe. He's probably be introduced to the actual story sooner or later.

Also, there is an after credit scene. So that might also be the reason why Tassel does not have an outro.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Not a good episode.... Back to how Saber was in the beginning.... :( :( :evil: :evil:

Why walls of cars? Don't get it...
Why are the members of Sword of Logos acting as they've actually talked to Touma about this whole matter before?
Ren is still grieving Kento's death..... :lol: :roll: :?: :?: :x :|
Why do I suddenly feel that Ren is jealous of Touma because of his friendship and closeness with Kento?
What is that face Ren just made? Lol...
I don't get it. Mei is super irresponsible and can't keep an eye on anyone properly, yet Touma keeps putting her in charge of the guys.... Super stupid....
All the scenes with Mei in this episode were ridiculous on a whole new level.
No matter how much people insult Ren, it's never enough. Because he always deserves more. :| :| :| :shock: :roll: :roll:
I really hope Mei learned her lesson this episode now that she was caught up in an explosion!! Hopefully, she won't be wandering around the battlefield anymore. :? :|
Ridiculous fight scenes.... Toum being cornered by both his (former and supposed) ally and his actual enemies.... :shock: :shock: :shock:
Wait, why'd Desast come back all of a sudden? Where has he been all this time?
So... who's fighting who now? Sorry, lost track because of how bad this episode is.... :| :? :? :roll:
Ok, why does every time Rintarou comes and talks to Touma and they have some common ground, Touma brings up the "real enemy" Sword of Logos and irritates Rintaou, and loses that small bit of common ground Rintarou had just created?? Super stupid!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Why not try and focus on the things they actually agree on for one freaking second??!!
And now after being blown up, Mei is talking and acting like an old hag!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :shock: :shock: :? :? :!: :!:
The last scene where Yuuri heals the two annoys me... I bet eventually they'll say that Yuuri is the source of the great power that Touma's supposed to attain..... :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock:
So now Buster and Daishinji-san have a conversation about the fight between him and Touma in the last episode??
Finally, back o the topic of Sophia's disappearance... :| :roll: :?
Spoiler
Next time, Yuuri finally gets an actual Rider form. More fighting between Touma and Daishinji-san. :| :|
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

Mighty Action X wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:16 am
takenoko wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:18 am Yeah, what's going on with Tassel. They're doing weird things with his introductions lately, and he didn't even do an outro this time
Saving time I believe. He's probably be introduced to the actual story sooner or later.

Also, there is an after credit scene. So that might also be the reason why Tassel does not have an outro.
He's technically already been introduced though? Granted it was blink-and-you-miss-it, and they didn't mention it nor did it come into play in the episode at all, but he was still in the real world with Yuuri.

Frankly, if it takes 20+ episodes to put him in maybe don't actually have a narrator character? Nothing of value would be lost if he were merely an annoying voice from the sky.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate

Lunagel wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:27 am
Mighty Action X wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:16 am

He's technically already been introduced though? Granted it was blink-and-you-miss-it, and they didn't mention it nor did it come into play in the episode at all, but he was still in the real world with Yuuri.

Frankly, if it takes 20+ episodes to put him in maybe don't actually have a narrator character? Nothing of value would be lost if he were merely an annoying voice from the sky.
I'm aware of that. What I mean is him finally interacting with Touma and the others.
Lunagel
Mofu~

Post by Lunagel »

I'd prefer if he just went away permanently, honestly
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

After this ep, I feel Yuri / KR Saikou is 2nd Rider, not Rintarou. Some of my friends feel the same.

Don’t know why, maybe because the role of Rintarou is reduced much (plus his dump act recently). Yuri has more personality and better than Ren at this time.
Last edited by kangchan on Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate

kangchan wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:09 pm After this ep, I feel Yuri / KR Saikou is 2nd Rider, not Ren. Some of my friends feel the same.

Don’t know why, maybe because the role of Ren is reduced much (plus his dump act recently). Yuri has more personality and better than Ren at this time.
You mean 'Rin' short for Rintarou and not Ren, which is that moron green Rider.
kangchan
Douza Uru Zazaado

Post by kangchan »

Mighty Action X wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:52 pm
kangchan wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:09 pm After this ep, I feel Yuri / KR Saikou is 2nd Rider, not Ren. Some of my friends feel the same.

Don’t know why, maybe because the role of Ren is reduced much (plus his dump act recently). Yuri has more personality and better than Ren at this time.
You mean 'Rin' short for Rintarou and not Ren, which is that moron green Rider.
Oh my bad, Type Rin for Rintarou and mistakes type Ren :(. Fixed it.
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Mei and Yuri are going to be the main characters from now on, whether the showrunners like it or not

Ren making stupid faces. That's new...?

And Sophia came back! Finally!
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD