My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

KR Saber 23 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Week's rating: 3.67 /5 stars (12 votes)

Thought this was pretty enjoayble. The story is moving forward and we're seeing new things. As if to commemorate this new chapter in Saber, we see Yuuri added to the opening and ending

Notes:
-Are you serious Ren? First he gets knocked away, leaving Rintarou to fight Zoous alone. Then he rejoins only to get in Yuuri's way.

-Who are all these fools? Why doesn't the Northern Base have all these people?
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Re: KR Saber 23 released

Post by decade368990 »

Primitive Dragon simply rips off the same idea of Zero-One Metal Cluster Hopper and OOO Putotyra Combo by having the user goes berserk.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

A good episode. The new BERSERKER form debuts….. I feel that the guy who suddenly appeared in front of Touma is Master Logos. Their voices are similar, and also the lips (which were the only part of the face that was visible)…
So, the swordsmen actually COULD meet Master Logos before Reika arrived? Does that mean they’ve already met Master Logos once?
Lol. Touma agreeing with Mei’s idea right after disagreeing with it most likely means that they don’t ACTUALLY pay attention when one of them is talking or saying something. That’s why the swordsmen are still not willing to hear out what Touma has to say.
So, both a villain and heroes are infiltrating the Southern Base…. How similar is their way of thinking….!!!
So each of the villains has a rivalry with an individual swordsman….
Just because they’re not around the others, doesn’t mean that Ogami-san needs to yell their plan out loud…. BTW, does the Sword of Logos pay their swordsmen? If not, how do they earn money, since fighting is their primary job….?
Wait, is Reika still watching over Ogami-san in that warehouse that he couldn’t just directly give them the book without yelling at them?
Huh?? Did Yuuri change his first-person pronoun from “Watashi” to “Ore”? Why this all of a sudden? His hairstyle changed too… I’m annoyed….
So, Yuuri and Mei are the “official comedy-duo” of Saber ….
Wait, were the villains in Saber always this smart?
Ren, you were never important…… TO ANYONE….. Who appointed Ren to be a swordsman at the sword of logos anyway? Reika? So that he could control him like a pawn?
Great, they’ve already detected the intruders in the Southern Base… Why did Touma get on Daishinji-san’s back like that??!!
Why did Rintarou listen to Zoous and change into his upgraded form so soon?
Mei’s cheering for Yuuri now…. Yeah, Yuuri TOTALLY replaced Rintarou in the main team IN EVERY WAY…..
For a second there, Storius gave me the same vibes as “Enter” from Go-Busters…. Weird…
Why did Touma pick up that book even after seeing how scary and powerful that thing is??!
Wow, even I was scared after I saw how scary and weird Touma looked when he was possessed by that book…… And now Touma has a berserker form too.
takenoko wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:58 pm Who are all these fools? Why doesn't the Northern Base have all these people?
I thought of the exact same thing! Why aren't there anyone like these people in the Northern base? Or have they all been gathered and taken to the Southern base altogether?
Spoiler
Next time, a glimpse of the new Calibur….
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
Dante ShadowRoadz
7X

Post by Dante ShadowRoadz »

This was actually decent again? I'd like to say I'm enjoying being surprised, but given how hyper-compressed the pacing has been up until now, it all feels disjointed. The Northern Base was never given the kind of scope and grandeur the Southern Base has, and all these other people involved now with Logos makes it seem like this was something planned from the start of the series but they did a poor job of getting us there. It also throws a complete wrench in the idea of who is on what side anymore, given that the "Master" of Logos was willing to let Storius just waltz in to claim the forbidden book.

I actually like the concept of Primitive Dragon, we haven't had one this wild since W Fang and OOO Putotyra. Metal Cluster Hopper was close but it always seemed too restrained and efficient with all the metal-morphing and minimal reactive style of combat. This one actually does feel primitive, it hardly uses the sword at all and is more about bashing and clawing. What's curious is that it works in tandem with Brave Dragon rather than being an overriding book unto itself like Dragonic Knight. If I gave Toei any benefit of the doubt in story telling, I might theorize that King of Arthur could be the book used to control it properly given their similar color scheme and seeming to be in the same tier of plot significance, but Toei's already proven they're just tossing stuff at the wall by now. To say nothing of how power scaling seems so pointless in this season.

The teaser showing Calibur is genuinely an interesting hook for once, if they aren't pushing the idea of Kento corrupted by darkness, just who would be using the Sword of Darkness and for what end?
CheetahLynx
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Engine Sentai Go-Onger

Post by CheetahLynx »

I swear Tassel becomes more annoying every episode
CheetahLynx
I was gonna list all the series I've watched but there's a 255 character limit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Oh well.
Sinkuu
ZAIA Tool
ZAIA Tool
Quote: Let's make it Showy!

Post by Sinkuu »

agreed with the OOO Dino form similarities (I can never remember the proper name.)

how did ogami get back to southern base if he gave up his teleportation key book?

still too many pawns and threads on the board.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

The episode plot has a lot of gaps to fill but hot damn, that primitive dragon fighting style was superb.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Sinkuu wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:29 pm how did ogami get back to southern base if he gave up his teleportation key book?
Good question. Do the swordsmen have more than one book or did Ogami-san borrow someone else's book? :? :? :?
CheetahLynx wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:57 pm I swear Tassel becomes more annoying every episode
I have to agree. Tassel is getting more and more intolerable every time. :| :roll: :roll:
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Post by takenoko »

Sinkuu wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:29 pm how did ogami get back to southern base if he gave up his teleportation key book?
Thta's a good question. Then again, it seems like if someone opens a gate, you have ages to pass through it with them before it closes again. Maybe he just hitched a ride back with Rintarou
JustiFanV2
7X

Post by JustiFanV2 »

takenoko wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:19 am
Thta's a good question. Then again, it seems like if someone opens a gate, you have ages to pass through it with them before it closes again. Maybe he just hitched a ride back with Rintarou
Probably this. Not only did we see Storius doing exactly this in this episode, but as I recall from the beginning of the show, Rintarou used his Book Gate in Touma's store so that both of them could travel to Northern Base. It seems like only one person's Book Gate is necessary for travel and then everybody else can just hop on board. Probably happens all the time and nobody would think anything of it.

Daishinji even says that only swordsmen are given Book Gates. That implies that Touma should have his own but the link's probably been broken just like Daishinji's. But that would also mean Mei probably doesn't have one, but we see her in Northern Base all the time.
ShepardRahl
Infinity
Favorite series: Kamen rider
2nd Favorite Series: Super Sentai
Dreamy: Yoshizawa Hitomi
Favorite Actor?: Dwayne Johnson
Alignment: Chaotic Good
My boom: Rider Belts
Quote: I will tell you something about anything...if not everything.
Type: INTJ Mastermind

Post by ShepardRahl »

Am I the only one who really liked the music when Touma was fighting as Primitive Dragon?
I will tell you something about anything...if not everything!
msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

Who was the other girl with Kanna Hashimoto in the commercial?
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron