Kiramager Episode 44 released

MagiRanger Deux
Forum rules

Kiramager Wiki Link

< Ryusoul | Mashin Sentai Kiramager | Zenkai >

Spoiler rules: No posting information about unreleased stuff. Preview and movie promo discussion must be in marked spoiler tags.

Ratings

Poll ended at Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:43 pm

☆☆☆☆☆
62%
☆☆☆☆
15%
☆☆☆
8%
☆☆
8%
8%

Total votes: 13
takenoko
Team Baron
Team Baron
Favorite series: All of them
Alignment: Neutral
My boom: stick
Quote: <Lunagel> That's Toei's dumb fault
Type: ISFJ Protector

Kiramager Episode 44 released

Post by takenoko »

< Previous
Wiki
Next >

Last Kiramager's rating: 4.22 of 5 (9 votes)

Alt Title: Garuza dies

Kiramagers return: "I lost the boy..."

We're ripping off Star Wars now? Yodonna in carbonite

Has Fire's mind always been in the feet when in Kirameijin mode? Somehow that fact has eluded me throughout the whole series

Hold on a minute. So Garuza's consciousness combined with Joukey, but then he got his body back, then he died and disappeared because his life was over. What?

What? Where did that field in the ending come from? Why change it for one episode?

If you haven't seen the Kiramager music festival yet, go download it and check it out! Matsumoto and his boys are some fun to hang out with

Edit:
From the wiki:
Moon → To show loyalty to the Yodom Army, his Jamen portrays a dark night

If you want you can read the description of past Jamen. Some of the descriptions are kind of funny and you can tell that Krunchy wrote them all.

Jamenju Torso Hildron
Evil Mask: Torso → An Earth large chest portion for displaying clothes

I just think it's funny because he just adds "giant" to the description for Jamen for the Jamenju
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster
Favorite series: Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters
2nd Favorite Series: Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger
Alignment: Neutral Good
My boom: Super Sentai.
Type: INTP Architect
Location: A backwater place in this backwater planet(according to Agent Abrera)

Re: Kiramager Episode 44 released

Post by Thenosa Yechette »

Great episode. It feels like a proper ending to the season. Although I have to say that in this episode, while some of the plot elements were tied together properly, a lot of them didn’t work out well. Somehow lost track of itself in the middle… Either way, great season. Gonna miss it.
Man, their reactions are making my heart heavy as well…… They’re giving the proper time to process the events…. I totally understand Fire’s feelings. It was really hard to take it in and accept it….
I just realized that this is the first time Oladin has come to the CARAT base in his own body. Before it was just video calls and other stuff.
So, Kurantula is an exception, to be alive after defying the Emperor…. Ok… And what was the thing he was talking about? The Illusia Kanaemma Stone?
Ooo, look at how cocky Yodonna is. Did the Emperor ever tell her that he loved her?.
Put away the long faces already, Kiramagers!!! I don’t wanna start crying already!! Plus, I’m sure Juuru’s alive. But, if I look at those sad faces any longer, I’ll start crying…..
Thank you, Shiguru!! At least one of them snapped out of it soon enough.
Man, I love how Sena always does these funny things and makes me laugh whenever, however, the situation may be. Again, she’s not good at thinking of plans…. But, love her either way!! Finally, for the first time, I like what Mach says. Praising Sena, and not in a way that makes me feel disgusted or creeped out. Great job at lightening up the mood, girl!! I’ll miss you, Sena!!
We are all counting on you Tametomo. Impress us with your brilliant plan again!!! Man, is it just me, or is it the first time that Tametomo has actually talked to Oladin in a humble and non-cocky way? Lol.
Oh, so Oladin actually holds a grudge against the Yodonheim for trapping him in a slab of rock-like material? I thought he was over that already….
And… our cocky Tametomo is back. Tametomo is the only cocky person that I’ve grown to like…. Nice plan. Looks like it’ll work.
I’m so glad Sena didn’t bring up Tmetomo’s old crush on Yodona when he was looking at Yodonna’s footage… Btw, I don’t think Yodonna looks that pretty in her usual getup i.e. when she's not looking like that pretty shrine maiden.
Man, Fire is taking it in a worse way than I thought with murmuring stuff like that…I hope he pulls it together on time…
Wait, I thought Zabyuun and Mashin Express got damaged the previous episode… They’re fixed so soon? Good for them, but a bit weird…
Have the Human-Bechats been wandering around the city just like that all this time? Like they don’t need to eat or sleep or anything? Poor Mizuki… I hope she ends up with Juuru after all this. She deserves to be happy. Plus, Juuru and Mizuki look so cute together!!
Man, don’t explain the plan after you’ve done the work! They’ll understand your next move and the rest of your plan will fail Come on, Tametomo!!
Shiguru, why are you still standing with the Kanaemma Stone this close to that slab even after it cracked? The Stone will get stolen, dummy!!!
Oh, boy. It’s finally time to get rid of Yodonna. This is the second time I felt pity for Yodonna. Oh, Yodonna, why did you ever think the Emperor cared about you more than as a mere tool to conquer the earth…? Dang, Yodonna is ACTUALLY CRYING….!!! But, wait, now she’s laughing cuz the Emperor told her to… That’s Escape 2.0 right there for you. At least, sorta… Yodonna is Emperor Yodon’s Avatar.. to carry out his actions of the conquest of Earth. Cool… Even Yodonna values her life. I think I like Yodonna now, Lol… Wait, how come Emperor Yodon has his right mask remaining, even after he destroyed Yodonna. This looks suspicious…. Has Yodonna actually been destroyed?
So Jamenshi’s and the Emperor do have separate faces under their masks…. Interesting. I wish we got to see more monsters’ faces than just Minjo’s from the Kiramager movie…
And the Emperor’s mask is unbreakable… Suits the Emperor.
“Shining!!” Man that was some perfect timing, Takamichi!!
Whoa, so all the murmuring Fire’s been doing was to try and communicate with Juuru and keep him updated about the battle. That’s some nice stuff!! Love this. And, good job on convincing Fire Mabushiina. Not bad at all.
So, the Emperor has an attack named after himself….
Ok, what’s with that creepy scene with Kurantula telling how no one survives after defying the Emperor. It gets boring after the first time, seriously!!
Dang, that attack is terrifying…. And Yodon takes that hit for himself, Lol…
I admit this is the happiest I’ve ever been at Juuru’s arrival and seeing his smile. Excellent timing, Juuru. And, Joukey… And the others’ instantaneous reactions to his arrival were really something.
I literally cried and laughed at the same time when they were all rushing towards Juuru. Seeing Tametomo cry when he almost couldn’t believe that it was actually Juuru, and then giving Juuru that headlock, Sena beating Juuru while yelling “Idiot! Idiot!”, Shiguru crying like that, Sayo calling it “Emo-sugi”, it was just TOO PERFECT!! I actually cried during that scene when I watched it for the first time!!
And of course, it was Garza who saved Juuru. I somehow had the feeling that he was going to do something heroic at that moment when the Emperor attacked him. And I was reminded of how intense the scenes of the Emperor attacking Garza and Juuru were.
So, all Crystalians can transfer their consciousness into another stone after they’ve reached a certain maturity, I’m guessing. Because Oladin, Queen Mabuyuine, and now even Garza can do it. Only Mabushiina hasn’t done it. So, that makes it all the members of the royal family at least, more or less. They just didn’t present that story in a well-planned way. But wait, if he transferred his soul/consciousness into Joukey, then why is he considered dead? The Queen and Oladin did the same thing and they weren’t dead. If I’m not wrong, then what exactly happened? Someone, explain it to me!! As nice as that scene where Garza’s telling Juuru to live, draw and sparkle for his sake is, that huge plot-hole is problematic….
And, what exactly was going on with the Emperor when Juuru was explaining all this to the others?
And… we have more of Kurantula….. Lol. Oh, and now they’re finally surprised to see Kurantula and Juuru’s friendly relationship….. Man, the Kiramagers are SLOW!!! Where was this reaction 2 episodes ago? Were you guys NOT PAYING ATTENTION when Juuru was talking??!! Seriously??!
So, Kurantula wants his freedom and kidnapped Illusia from the Emperor’s care. SERIOUSLY, repeating the same line 3 TIMES throughout an episode gets too annoying extremely fast!!! If they didn’t have any good lines for Kurantula, they just better had kept him quiet. Nobody wants to hear Kurantula speak anyways.
Ok, so the Emperor was blown up by that explosion and scattered all over the city throughout this time when they were talking.
So, even Muryo is acknowledging the Final episode, huh?
Hmmm... The final scene of the ED dance looks like taken from the Kiramager movie ending! Super excited about that btw.

They have so many things to catch up on and cover next time, I have a feeling that they’ll be dropping out on a lot of them, even if they are important to us. Or they might pick up on a few of them in the story they’ve prepared for the “final live tour”. I’ve heard that the story is related to the finale.
Spoiler
Next time the Kiramger Finale!!! I’ll be crying my heart out. And looks like I was right. We’re not done with Yodonna yet…
takenoko wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:43 pm What? Where did that field in the ending come from? Why change it for one episode?
I'm guessing it's a scene from the Kiramager Movie ending. They probably changed it because the movie premiered last week or something? Whatever the case, I loved seeing all six of them together in the ending. Hopefully will see them again when I can watch the movie. :) :D
takenoko wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:43 pm If you haven't seen the Kiramager music festival yet, go download it and check it out! Matsumoto and his boys are some fun to hang out with
I watched it. It was a lot of fun.
Last edited by Thenosa Yechette on Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thenosa :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Lupinranger VS Patranger-Zenkaiger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
decade368990
Train man
Favorite series: Kuuga
2nd Favorite Series: W
Dreamy: Osaki Ichika and Kudo Mio
Quote: Grow a spine, J.A.R.V.I.S. I got a date. -- Tony Stark

Post by decade368990 »

Considering the coming Sunday is the final episode, I'm surprise the TV Asahi site doesn't offer any pictures on the encyclopedia for this episode.

Actual episode link: https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiramager/story/0044/
Encyclopedia link: https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiramager/encycl/
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

decade368990 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:49 am Considering the coming Sunday is the final episode, I'm surprise the TV Asahi site doesn't offer any pictures on the encyclopedia for this episode.

Actual episode link: https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiramager/story/0044/
Encyclopedia link: https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/kiramager/encycl/
Oh, that's weird. I didn't check though. But other sites like Toei Tv and the cast blog have a lot of pictures for this episode. Check that out if you want:
Cast blog: https://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/reading/kiramager/
Toei tv's preview for the next episode, the same page contains production notes of episode 44: https://www.toei.co.jp/tv/kiramager/sto ... _3066.html

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
windfall
Sentai Senshi
Favorite series: Gekiranger
2nd Favorite Series: Kiva
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by windfall »

Well this was a nice change of pace from the Decade and Zi-O mess. It's always nice to see both the heroes and villains acting competently. It also looks like they'll have to get a little creative to actually defeat the emperor instead of just overpowering him with more firepower.

Also we already saw someone get "killed" in that throne room, I'm not believing that again, not that I really believed it the first time but I didn't rule it out with how the writers have been going this season.
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

Thenosa Yechette wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:57 am Shiguru, why are you still standing with the Kanaemma Stone this close to that slab even after it cracked? The Stone will get stolen, dummy!!!

Oh, boy. It’s finally time to get rid of Yodonna. This is the second time I felt pity for Yodonna. Oh, Yodonna, why did you ever think the Emperor cared about you more than as a mere tool to conquer the earth…? Dang, Yodonna is ACTUALLY CRYING….!!! But, wait, now she’s laughing cuz the Emperor told her to… That’s Escape 2.0 right there for you. At least, sorta… Yodonna is Emperor Yodon’s Avatar.. to carry out his actions of the conquest of Earth. Cool… Even Yodonna values her life. I think I like Yodonna now, Lol… Wait, how come Emperor Yodon has his right mask remaining, even after he destroyed Yodonna. This looks suspicious…. Has Yodonna actually been destroyed?

Whoa, so all the murmuring Fire’s been doing was to try and communicate with Juuru and keep him updated about the battle. That’s some nice stuff!! Love this. And, good job on convincing Fire Mabushiina. Not bad at all.

And of course, it was Garza who saved Juuru. I somehow had the feeling that he was going to do something heroic at that moment when the Emperor attacked him. And I was reminded of how intense the scenes of the Emperor attacking Garza and Juuru were.
So, all Crystalians can transfer their consciousness into another stone after they’ve reached a certain maturity, I’m guessing. Because Oladin, Queen Mabuyuine, and now even Garza can do it. Only Mabushiina hasn’t done it. So, that makes it all the members of the royal family at least, more or less. They just didn’t present that story in a well-planned way. But wait, if he transferred his soul/consciousness into Joukey, then why is he considered dead? The Queen and Oladin did the same thing and they weren’t dead. If I’m not wrong, then what exactly happened? Someone, explain it to me!!
Yeah it got a bit washed down for convenience sake, but originally it was the Queens Special Ability to transfer her consciousness, but I guess they just extended it to the whole Royal Family, which is also weird since they were lovers and not related, so why would they all have it?

Same for Fire/Jewel, the Telepathy Gizmo was for between Crystalians, Silver could use it because he has a Crystal inside of him, I wouldn't mind it if it came from the King instead of Fire, because they have that weirdly connection anyways, but maybe that what made him more perceptible for it, at least he couldn't answer.

As for Joukey/Garuza it might just be the case that King and Queen always swapped into uninhabitat Gems, while Joukey apperantly has his own personality, so they could coexist for a Moment, and the Body Jewel saw was just a reflection of Garuza.
At least from what I remember the Diadem, Giant Gem in Aldheim(?) and the Go arrow which consist out of Teardrops, all were "vacant".

But yeah unless they slipped, we should see some more of Yodonna, cause the Mask is still present.

Bit stumbled over how Blue hesitated to use Destroia on Yodonna, just because the Slate cracked a bit, they should have been aware that it might not work perfectly, and he had quite enough Time to use the Stone still.

Overall nice teamplay, and good/weird use of the Stone's instead of just using them once more combined, which at least answers the question if the all need to be charged for the grand wish, guess not with 2/4 down.

Still I liked the first half, but I didn't really fell nor connected with everything after Jewel showed up again, no idea if it was due to the overuse of the Soulswap Ability, since that happened a lot to save someone in the Show, I mean by that point they could've just put Kurantula in the Train...

But let's see what the Final brings :lol:
Last edited by Farr on Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mighty Action X
Wanted Pirate
Wanted Pirate
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Quote: "Fast means going slowly without interruptions."
Type: ISTJ Inspector

Post by Mighty Action X »

This pandemic really place a huge toll to the 2020 seasons of KR and Sentai and I believe Sentai did a worse job packing it up than KR. At least the final episode of Zero-One was indulging. This one seems short.
Thenosa Yechette
It's Time for Buster
It's Time for Buster

Farr wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:10 pm Same for Fire/Jewel, the Telepathy Gizmo was for between Crystalians, Silver could use it because he has a Crystal inside of him, I wouldn't mind it if it came from the King instead of Fire, because they have that weirdly connection anyways, but maybe that what made him more perceptible for it, at least he couldn't answer.
Right, I didn't notice that one. Jyuuru and Fire aren't supposed to be able to communicate like that. We didn't see anything like that all season so it came out of nowhere. Hmm... :? :|

Farr wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:10 pm As for Joukey/Garuza it might just be the case that King and Queen always swapped into uninhabitat Gems, while Joukey apperantly has his own personality, so they could coexist for a Moment, and the Body Jewel saw was just a reflection of Garuza.
At least from what I remember the Diadem, Giant Gem in Aldheim(?) and the Go arrow which consist out of Teardrops, all were "vacant".
Yeah, that kinda does make sense. The stones that Oladin and the queen transferred their soul/consciousness in were not sentient, but Joukey was sentient. This means Joukey has a consciousness of its own just like the main Mashins that can talk. So Garza couldn't take over Joukey's consciousnes with his own. I finally get it now. Thanks, man. :)

Finished watching:
SS:
Dekaranger
Boukenger
Shinkenger-Ninnninger
Akibaranger
KR:
Kiva
Build
Zero-One -Revice
Misc:
Ryuukendo
ViRGE
Save the life

Post by ViRGE »

That was a surprisingly good episode. Not that episode 43 before it was bad, but the Garuza stuff felt forced. I was expecting a bit more stumbling around like that, but instead this episode was a blast from the start to the end.

While I was fully expecting the Kiramagers to get Jewel back - you don't permanently kill off your Red with two episodes to go - I have to admit I am legitimately surprised he came back in this episode. I figured that would be something that was resolved towards the start of the next episode. That would leave this episode as the the downer episode before they go all-out for the finale. Then again, the previous episode already ended on a downer, so I suppose the plot is about a quarter step ahead. In any case, smashing Yodom in the back with Joukey is one hell of an entrance for Jewel.

I suppose it's fitting that since the last episode did end on a downer, this one picks up from where that left off. And Toei really went all-in here on the downer mood. Besides the characters' moods and the truncated, downbeat introduction, even the color grading of this episode was tweaked, with the series' usual vibrant (if not exaggerated) colors turned down for a more muted color palette during the fight with Yodom (only to spring back once Jewel appears). It's a really nice touch a good use of color grading to set the mood. And I can't immediately recall any other examples of Toei doing this; or at the very least, not in such an obvious manner.

Meanwhile, as cool as Jewel's return was, the award for bad-ass introduction goes to Kirameijin of all things. The ugliest of the robos, Kirameijin hasn't had all that many bad-ass moments in the series; if anything it tends to get used for The Worf Effect. So this episode was a neat surprise in Kirameijin getting a bad-ass moment (and probably the final one) in beating down Yodom for a bit.

Speaking of mecha, given what happened to Garuza's soul, now I'm curious if Smog Joukey can be combined with Oladdin's phoenix. That would be a poetic ending, to have those two combining after years of conflict. At the very least, we had better get one more appearance of Smog Joukey before the series is over!

Overall, I have to say that the failed plan to beat Yodom with the Kirameistones was actually quite smart. The writers left just enough breadcrumbs on the table to set it all up in advance, but not so much that they telegraphed it. In any other Sentai, that plan would have made for a perfectly serviceable victory in the final battle. So I only hope that whatever the writers have in store for Kiramager can top that (and not just be victory-by-determination), because I'd hate to see a good writing idea "blown" by having it used as the failed plan.

Finally, we have Yodonna, who has kind of been sitting on the sidelines of the last couple of episodes while Yodom is in control. She obviously was due for some screen time for the end of her character's arc, and after this episode it's hard to imagine that the writers aren't setting her up for a redemption. Which I think would be unfortunate - she's good at being evil - but I suppose Tametomo needs someone to chase...
takenoko wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:43 pm What? Where did that field in the ending come from? Why change it for one episode?
Oh good, it wasn't just me that noticed that. At first I thought I had missed a previous change they made to the ending. I wonder if that's from the movie or something? Otherwise I'm as confused as you are.[/quote]
Farr
7X
Favorite series: Blade / Deka
2nd Favorite Series: Gaim~W / Shinken
Dreamy: Umeko / Hana
Type: INFP Healer

Post by Farr »

I just realized why I felt a bit disconnected for when Jyuuru came back, cause overthinking :lol:

Right before he comes back, we see how Kurantula takes Inertia, so I was totally for "that's not Jyuuru, that's Kurantula in disguise", which might have worked for a decent Sub-Plot if we still had 2-3 Episodes to go, Kuratula helping them fight Yodom because he regrets what happend to his Creator Buddy, being able to push Yodom back or even destroy Yodonna in the Process, then Yodom finds the injured Jyuuru back in Yodomheim, that still could have been saved by Joukey as a last Order from Garuza, so he overtakes him and in a YodonRed Form attacks again, but gets beaten by the Kiramagers with help of Destroia/Kurantula, or at least driven out, because he couldn't access his whole Power in the smaller Form, and is finally weakened enough, that the Team can finally beat him for good.
RangerJustify
Quote: Where there is life, there is the roar of justice.

Post by RangerJustify »

Great episode indeed! I just wanted to bring attention to an error I spotted. The "Masshiin" cry text used the font for the Kiramagers for the 'M' and the rest of the letters were in the correct font. If the below picture loads properly, you'll see what I mean.

msf232
Faiz
Dreamy: 민지여신
Favorite Band: Dreamcatcher
My boom: Nothing definite, changes from time to time
Type: ISTP Crafter

Post by msf232 »

This episode's title reminded me of Assassin's Creed, where Ezio Auditore says (in the Japanese version) constantly, "眠れ、安らかに". Any gamers here?
RangerJustify wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:03 am I just wanted to bring attention to an error I spotted.
I've noticed some more font errors. No point in listing them all though.
Finished:
Dairanger, Shinkenger, Kyoryuger–キングオージャー
Kuuga–Geats
Nexus, R/B
Ryukendo, Rescue Force
スパイダーマン
CH THE LIVE
Akibaranger, Akiba S痛
Wakusaver S2, Jyuukaizar
CPH GandD
takenoko
Team Baron